Where are you going tomorrow?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Where are you going tomorrow?

Postby Mick F » 25 Jul 2019, 6:34pm

Our car is going in for a service tomorrow down in Plympton (England), and I'll be putting the bike in the back of the car so I can go for a ride whilst they do their stuff.

Off into the South Hams, and then into Plymouth Barbican for lunch at Cap'n Jaspers before working my way back to Plympton. :D
http://www.capn-jaspers.co.uk

Where are you riding tomorrow?
Mick F. Cornwall

brynpoeth

Re: Where are you going tomorrow?

Postby brynpoeth » 25 Jul 2019, 6:39pm

Cycling to work, should be a bit quieter cos a bridge is closed to motors
Collecting wild plums on the way, for breakfast

Plus One for cycling to work, saves one from having to cycle for fun at the weekend :wink:
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

richardfm

Postby richardfm » 25 Jul 2019, 7:02pm

Cycling to work and back in Cardiff then driving down to Milford Haven to stay with friends for the weekend and visit the Milford Haven Beer Festival on Saturday

rjb

Postby rjb » 25 Jul 2019, 7:03pm

You're off to my old patch. Lots of choice as there's plenty to see wherever you go. Enjoy.
I'm off to Seavington St Michael tomorrow, birthplace of Arthur Linton in the Volunteer Arms. Our first Champion Cyclist.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Utem0GrtsI
At the last count:- Focus Variado, Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 25 Jul 2019, 7:04pm

Milfred Haven has a good train service, should you want to have a drink :?

richardfm

Postby richardfm » 25 Jul 2019, 7:08pm

brynpoeth wrote:Milfred Haven has a good train service, should you want to have a drink :?

I wont be driving once I arrive there until we come home on Sunday afternoon

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 25 Jul 2019, 7:11pm

richardfm wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Milfred Haven has a good train service, should you want to have a drink :?

I wont be driving once I arrive there until we come home on Sunday afternoon

Driving the m4, a40, PurgaTory, never again, the train should be first choice, good fast services, direct or with one change

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 25 Jul 2019, 7:12pm

Lucky you lot :( , I'm off to hospital to undergo an embarrassing procedure to remove a kidney stone. Anyone want to swap?
Suvival will see me getting stuck in to fitting a Barfang Motor to one of my trikes. Bit more problematic to attaching to a fall over machine, but I will prevail. TTFN MM

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 25 Jul 2019, 7:13pm

Good luck and best wishes MM.
Mick F. Cornwall

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 25 Jul 2019, 8:11pm

A medical visit for the Mrs am, and for 90 minutes in the afternoon if a helper will sit with my Mrs I shall do a 20 mile loop in the Devon hinterland. The harvest is now being gathered day and night and I love to see the yellow fields contrasting with the green hedgerows.Very scenic around here.

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. What do you do to make a difference?

Yvonned

Postby Yvonned » 25 Jul 2019, 8:33pm

24=mile ride to Mudeford from Southampton, late lunch at the Noisy Lobster on front. Stay overnight in a great guest house we know then back home Saturday. Hubby with cancer can only manage 25-30 miles at a time but he’s doing great. YD

mjr

Postby mjr » 25 Jul 2019, 8:47pm

Probably just into town to do some shopping and visit a hotel's beer festival.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

pete75

Postby pete75 » 25 Jul 2019, 8:54pm

Mick F wrote:Our car is going in for a service tomorrow down in Plympton (England), and I'll be putting the bike in the back of the car so I can go for a ride whilst they do their stuff.

Off into the South Hams, and then into Plymouth Barbican for lunch at Cap'n Jaspers before working my way back to Plympton. :D
http://www.capn-jaspers.co.uk

Where are you riding tomorrow?

Well I don't suppose anybody expected you'd put it on the ferry to Roscoff and have it serviced in France.

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » 25 Jul 2019, 10:40pm

Off on a two week tour. First night with relatives to drop off the dog for them to look after, second night on ferry to Belgium and then just under two weeks cycling around Belgium with the family. Then back to pick the dog up. She knows there's something different happening the way we're frantically packing. She's following us around a little distressed. Feel bad.

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 25 Jul 2019, 10:54pm

Enjoy the chips...Belgium's cullinary delight! :lol:

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. What do you do to make a difference?