Moon Tragedy - We must rescue them!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
sjs

Re: Moon Tragedy - We must rescue them!

Post by sjs »

kwackers wrote:
Mick F wrote:Strange, but people don't seem to realise that the familiar "face" the moon has in Europe and USA isn't the same at every latitude, and by the time you get to the same latitude in the southern hemisphere as us in the northern hemisphere, it's fully upside down.

I knew that.

If you think your clock puzzle hurts your brain, try to make "flat earth" work such that things like how the moon and sun look are correct depending on your location.
Some might say the problem is unsolvable...

I seem to remember a flat earth thread on here some years ago, with one professed true believer. Did this come up?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

sjs wrote:I seem to remember a flat earth thread on here some years ago, with one professed true believer. Did this come up?
I'm not sure if I'm the one referred to, but I do have a login at one of the FE forums. All good fun - why not give them a browse?! Or even sign up!

Still trying to figure out how it is, I can see the Southern Cross from South America, but not from England. Difficult for a FE'er to explain.. :lol: :roll:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
sjs

Post by sjs »

661-Pete wrote:
sjs wrote:I seem to remember a flat earth thread on here some years ago, with one professed true believer. Did this come up?
I'm not sure if I'm the one referred to, but I do have a login at one of the FE forums. All good fun - why not give them a browse?! Or even sign up!

Still trying to figure out how it is, I can see the Southern Cross from South America, but not from England. Difficult for a FE'er to explain.. :lol: :roll:

No not you Pete. I think it was Manc33.