where is this?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
User avatar
Paulatic
Posts: 4232
Joined: 2 Feb 2014, 1:03pm
Location: 24 Hours from Lands End

Re: where is this?

Postby Paulatic » 18 Aug 2019, 4:50pm

geocycle wrote:
cyclop wrote:There is another Askham with an "h" in cumbria,eden valley.


Yes, nice tea room at the Hall. They own a couple of pubs and are really into the home produce.

Pulled in at Shap a few weeks ago to discover Abbey tea room has closed. Spoke to a cyclist who recommended Askham. He was also envious of the restoration work. His line if business, said it was first class.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

brynpoeth
Posts: 11277
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: where is this?

Postby brynpoeth » 18 Aug 2019, 6:11pm

Stourhead?
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 18 Aug 2019, 6:24pm

brynpoeth wrote:Stourhead?
No

brynpoeth
Posts: 11277
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: where is this?

Postby brynpoeth » 18 Aug 2019, 6:29pm

Tinpotflowers wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Stourhead?
No

Blenheim Park, Woodstock?
Do we get a clue? :wink:
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 18 Aug 2019, 6:34pm

brynpoeth wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Stourhead?
No

Blenheim Park, Woodstock?
Do we get a clue? :wink:



Mr Trump was my neighbour for a short time?

brynpoeth
Posts: 11277
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: where is this?

Postby brynpoeth » 18 Aug 2019, 6:39pm

Tinpotflowers wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote: No

Blenheim Park, Woodstock?
Do we get a clue? :wink:



Mr Trump was my neighbour for a short time?

Golf course, Aberdeen? Where did the PotUS stay on his recent visit to Englandshire?
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 18 Aug 2019, 7:05pm

brynpoeth wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Blenheim Park, Woodstock?
Do we get a clue? :wink:



Mr Trump was my neighbour for a short time?

Golf course, Aberdeen? Where did the PotUS stay on his recent visit to Englandshire?



No where near

Ben@Forest
Posts: 1990
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 5:58pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Ben@Forest » 19 Aug 2019, 5:26am

Tinpotflowers wrote:Mr Trump was my neighbour for a short time?


On the Thames? (he says with the confidence of someone who's never been on the Thames)

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 19 Aug 2019, 6:59am

Ben@Forest wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote:Mr Trump was my neighbour for a short time?


On the Thames? (he says with the confidence of someone who's never been on the Thames)


No but you are getting nearer

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 19 Aug 2019, 4:01pm

Do you need another clue?

User avatar
Paulatic
Posts: 4232
Joined: 2 Feb 2014, 1:03pm
Location: 24 Hours from Lands End

Re: where is this?

Postby Paulatic » 19 Aug 2019, 4:27pm

Might help as I can see nothing helpful in the picture. Could be anywhere?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 71
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 19 Aug 2019, 4:58pm

Paulatic wrote:Might help as I can see nothing helpful in the picture. Could be anywhere?



Here is another photograph near by I took on the same day.
Image Attachments
20190720_121709.jpg

Ben@Forest
Posts: 1990
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 5:58pm

Re: where is this?

Postby Ben@Forest » 19 Aug 2019, 6:36pm

Tinpotflowers wrote:Here is another photograph near by I took on the same day.


Is that a pedalo? (I don't know why I'm trying, if it's in the south of England I've got no chance beyond listing every boating lake on Google)...

User avatar
Paulatic
Posts: 4232
Joined: 2 Feb 2014, 1:03pm
Location: 24 Hours from Lands End

Re: where is this?

Postby Paulatic » 19 Aug 2019, 6:54pm

Ben@Forest wrote:
Tinpotflowers wrote:Here is another photograph near by I took on the same day.


Is that a pedalo? (I don't know why I'm trying, if it's in the south of England I've got no chance beyond listing every boating lake on Google)...

Ditto but there must be some forumite from the South with knowledge?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

backnotes
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 8:36am

Re: where is this?

Postby backnotes » 19 Aug 2019, 7:25pm