The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Poor Old Harry or Andy

Postby Oldjohnw » 31 Aug 2019, 12:43pm

mattheus wrote:So is a ginger UK prince marrying a US mixed-race non-royal a good thing?

I merely seek information ...

I would say that is a non-event. Happens all the time.
John

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 31 Aug 2019, 4:35pm

Oldjohnw wrote:
mattheus wrote:So is a ginger UK prince marrying a US mixed-race non-royal a good thing?

I would say that is a non-event. Happens all the time.

Non-events that nevertheless happen all the time! Are these related to alternative facts? Are our current not-politicians the alternatives to MPs known as "little dictators"? Have we slipped into another of many possible universes - one in which the laws of nature are different or even absent? I think we should be told!

Meanwhile, it seems the time has come for a winnow of the ever-increasing Royals. Will no one rid us of these tumescent princes? Where's Mrs Bobbitt when you need her?

Cugel

NUKe

Postby NUKe » 1 Sep 2019, 4:37pm

You really think Harry is Charles son :lol:
NUKe

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 1 Sep 2019, 6:00pm

NUKe wrote:

I no longer know who they are or how many of them there are

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 3 Sep 2019, 5:36pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49567157

So Harry flies private to protect his family. hmm I bet its more that Meghan wont fly common - other wise why on earth marry a royal than to become a snob?

Should one use a private jet to campaign over climate crisis?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-crisis
?
Is there really any need to visit the places? Maybe use technology to have virtual conferences? Not only save a lot of fuel but also expensive hotel costs and fancy restaurant bills? AH thats whats it all about - life style issues of the rich?

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 17 Nov 2019, 12:01pm

Poor old Andy Pandy has put his foot in it again

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/16/prince-andrew-what-is-the-excuse-for-this-misogynistic-nonsense-served-up-in-a-gilded-chamber?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MTExNw%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

I wonder what the legal situation is regarding extraditing a "royal" to the USA to face justice? That would be a story wouldnt it? Would proabably kill off Queen Liz

What I didnt know is he is a patron of the NSPCC. I am surprised they havent dumped him.

“I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady” (Andy)
“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” (Bill Clinton )

I understand the BBC's interview didnt go too well, too sycophantic? Well I am glad I dont contribute to the license fee that paid for it

Ah good old YouTube

A differnt interpretation --

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7691385/RICHARD-KAY-Prince-Andrew-sit-BBC-face-questions-FBI.html

djnotts

Postby djnotts » 17 Nov 2019, 8:14pm

mercalia wrote:
NUKe wrote:

I no longer know who they are or how many of them there are

Nor do I care.

Mike Sales

Postby Mike Sales » 17 Nov 2019, 8:22pm

Good to see the old traditions of disgraceful behaviour by royal princes being carried on.
Such a disfunctional family helps the republican cause.
I never bother to keep track of them either.
"Another mouth to feed" as D.Skinner used to say.

Polisman

Postby Polisman » 17 Nov 2019, 8:29pm

Guilty. The royals are an odious bunch, and Andy has always been the idiot brother. I see the calls for him to make a testimony for the FBI are becoming a clamour.

Possibly the worst misjudged interview in living memory.

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 18 Nov 2019, 5:51am

Capture.PNG

The town’s Pizza Express listing on Google has been inundated with fake reviews since the duke’s interview aired last night. “It has been 18 years since I visited, but I remember it like it was yesterday,” wrote someone using the name David Branwood.

“I was sweating profusely. So were all the other customers. It was hot. But one man, one mysterious man, was ice-cool, sweat-free,” it continued, a dig at the duke’s claims that he lost the ability to sweat following an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands war.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/17/wokings-pizza-express-customers-struggle-to-remember-first-visit?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0xOTExMTg%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

mattheus

Re: Absurd anti-royal ranting

Postby mattheus » 18 Nov 2019, 9:00am

Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 18 Nov 2019, 9:19am

mattheus wrote:Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??

saves having multiple threads. Maybe redo the title though to be more inclusive maybe "Royal Bashing"?

pwa

Re: The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Postby pwa » 18 Nov 2019, 9:35pm

I decided not to inflict the whole of that interview on myself, but when I saw the excerpts on the news a very unkind thought jumped into my head. It was that in the old days of Empire, when a gentleman of honour was disgraced he might be left alone for a while with a loaded revolver. As I say, very unkind of me, but the gentleman's performance left me feeling cold towards him.

Cunobelin

Postby Cunobelin » 19 Nov 2019, 6:10am

mattheus wrote:Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??

Well..

There was never any real substance to the "Harry claims"

Whereas there appears to be a genuine story behind Andrew's philandering

Cunobelin

Re: The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Postby Cunobelin » 19 Nov 2019, 6:11am

pwa wrote:I decided not to inflict the whole of that interview on myself, but when I saw the excerpts on the news a very unkind thought jumped into my head. It was that in the old days of Empire, when a gentleman of honour was disgraced he might be left alone for a while with a loaded revolver. As I say, very unkind of me, but the gentleman's performance left me feeling cold towards him.

Not the only "performance" in question?