The "Royals" Thread

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Today I see that poor old ANDY has deferred his promotion to Admiral.
Defer means later, Later is after he returns to public duties?
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-andrew ... ccounter=1
After his climb down the government has said that councils will not be required to fly the flag on his birthday.
But Westminster abbey being somewhat "peculiar" will still ring the bells for his birthday.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
pwa

Post by pwa »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
After his climb down the government has said that councils will not be required to fly the flag on his birthday.
But Westminster abbey being somewhat "peculiar" will still ring the bells for his birthday.

He has become a huge embarrassment. I could almost feel sorry for him. But not quite.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I doubt either the Government of Andrew responded.fr.conscience or principle. They would see the negative press and social media - who knows, even these pages - and that is what they would respond to.

He says, in his usual cynicism where these matters are concerned.
John
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

My recent travels has highlighted a way forward for our UK Royal Family. They need to follow the example of Rama X (Maha Vajiralongkorn, King of Thailand). He does not live in Thailand but prefers living in Bavaria. He returns for the occasional formal duty but he is domiciled in Germany.

I suspect that many of the issues surrounding our Royal Family would be less of an issue were they living in e.g. Thailand. Not a complete solution but I suspect that Thai press would be full of Andrew's alleged adventures with convicted sex offenders, etc. We'd probably get an occasional report but I suspect it would become "out of sight, out of mind".

Reminds me of "The show with everything but Yul Brynner".

Ian
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Hang on a sec; is your suggested solution:
Send Randy Andy to Thailand.

What could go wrong??
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mattheus wrote:Hang on a sec; is your suggested solution:

What could go wrong??

well they would find a nice dark hole to put him in?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

mattheus wrote:Hang on a sec; is your suggested solution:

What could go wrong??

I think Thai laws will resolve any "issues" to the satisfaction of us republicans. But then you only have to see many expats e.g. in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and you get to feel really uncomfortable ...

Ian
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

This means he will retain his current rank of vice admiral. (Know what I mean, squire?)
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Welcome back TC - long time no see! :D

I do know what you mean :shock: :oops: - but aside from that, there's only one stripe between Vice-Admiral and Admiral, so he isn't sacrificing much! I have never understood how it is that Royals - even more minor Royals - can get promoted to the most senior ranks in the armed Forces, self-evidently without the competence or training to undertake the duties incumbent on these ranks. I believe Phil The Greek is an Admiral of the Fleet (the highest possible Naval rank) - (besides being Field-Marshal and Marshal of the RAF) - goodness knows what duties he'd be able to perform if he were actually on active service!

Why couldn't Andrew be a mere Commander or Lieut-Commander, a middling officer rank probably within his capabilities?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:Welcome back TC - long time no see! :D

I do know what you mean :shock: :oops: - but aside from that, there's only one stripe between Vice-Admiral and Admiral, so he isn't sacrificing much! I have never understood how it is that Royals - even more minor Royals - can get promoted to the most senior ranks in the armed Forces, self-evidently without the competence or training to undertake the duties incumbent on these ranks. I believe Phil The Greek is an Admiral of the Fleet (the highest possible Naval rank) - (besides being Field-Marshal and Marshal of the RAF) - goodness knows what duties he'd be able to perform if he were actually on active service!

Why couldn't Andrew be a mere Commander or Lieut-Commander, a middling officer rank probably within his capabilities?

Looks good though to the ladies, all that stuff about uniforms. Though maybe he prefers a little boys sailor suit
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Yes, Welcome back Third Crank! Was that the longest ever "Gating" by the Mods?
We welcome all prospective whipping Boys & girls. IGICB MM
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:Looks good though to the ladies, all that stuff about uniforms. Though maybe he prefers a little boys sailor suit
Yep - but my point is, a Lieutenant-Commander's uniform can look pretty cool too - if not as flashy as an Admiral's:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

so the Canadians wont pay for harry and meghans security when they cease to be royals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51636835

what now. The UK tax payer. I dont think so - let his dad pay for that out of his own pocket & not from pseudo duchy of cornwall funds that is really ours any way?

and Prince Andrew interview wins Maitlis RTS award :twisted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51657201

hmm was it that good some one tell me, as all I heard was the guffaws at Andrew's idiocy?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

(Not a joke article)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-andrew-school-bus-paedophile-fbi-jeffrey-epstein-investigation-gloria-allred-london-a9350891.html wrote:‘Call the FBI’: Prince Andrew targeted by school bus with giant picture of his face driving around London

[youtube]wlDR8w9m--E[/youtube]

Ian
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

maybe we need to do the same in the home town of that woman who killed the motor cyclist? But using more pointed language? "fugitive from justice"