Just wondering.....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Just wondering.....

Post by Oldjohnw »

Some of us are permanent members of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.

Whatever you suggest I will oppose even if it means contradicting an earlier view, stated ever so loudly a mere two months earlier.

Now that does sound like a politician.
John
rjb

Post by rjb »

al_yrpal wrote:In which order to apply cream and jam to your scone for a cream tea. Tis a constant point of contention down ere in Devon....

Al :wink:

I do butter then jam then cream on my scones or is that scones. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

I was hoping someone else was doing it correctly like me (on my sconns). :mrgreen:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

rjb wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:In which order to apply cream and jam to your scone for a cream tea. Tis a constant point of contention down ere in Devon....

I do no butter, thick layer of clotted cream first, then the jam. I found if you do jam first then cream, its too difficult to spread the thick cream onto the very slidy jam. :mrgreen:

Anyway you are in Somerset, what do they know about it?

Al

nb saw a local band t'other day called The Mangled Worzels :lol:
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
rjb

Post by rjb »

al_yrpal wrote:
rjb wrote:

I do no butter, thick layer of clotted cream first, then the jam. I found if you do jam first then cream, its too difficult to spread the thick cream onto the very slidy jam. :mrgreen:

Anyway you are in Somerset, what do they know about it?

Al

I am a Plymouth boy born and bred. I prefer the Cornish method of jam before cream. Brought up on lashings of proper Cornish clotted cream. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Oldjohnw wrote:Some of us are permanent members of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.

Whatever you suggest I will oppose even if it means contradicting an earlier view, stated ever so loudly a mere two months earlier.

Now that does sound like a politician.

That is of course the porpoise of the opposition, to oppose even things they should like support :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Not to Devonians, we all know it is cream then jam, it's only Cornishmen who do it backwards
Richard M
Cardiff
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

......................... and it's raining cats and dogs out there.
Mick F. Cornwall
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

It appears to be raining swallows here. This is a staging post on their route south.
John
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Mick F wrote:......................... and it's raining cats and dogs out there.

No, its stair rods!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote:
rjb wrote:

(snip)

Al

Here is your problem! Because you cannot butter, cream and jam the scone aright, you adopt an inept and incorrect procedure and attempt to portray it as somehow justified! What if you were to do this whilst driving or fixing the gas cooker!!? Terribly awful things would happen - as they will if you keep on treating them scones in such a cack-handed fashion. A large lady with apple cheeks and a rolling pin will school you or worse.

Anyroadup, I have reported you to the Devon authorities so you may find your immigration permit rescinded on the grounds of committing undevonish behaviours well beyond The Pale.

Also, I note that you have misspelt "wurzel". These things are all mounting up as evidence of your unfitness to be a Westcountrian.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Well, news for you... Worsel is how it was spelt on the blackboard announcing their prescence. Personally I am not a Devonian just as you are not one of the crackath.

Stick to Welsh Cakes :D

Al
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Oldjohnw wrote:.....is there any topic, about anything - factual, opinion, political, lights, tyres, helmets, bells, ebikes, cars, bank holidays - which doesn't move on to what diplomats call 'a frank exchange of views' within a page or two?

:) :D

well ask Cameron, he has plenty of time at the moment :lol:
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

crackath :?: :?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

fausto copy wrote:crackath :?: :?

Like a psychopath but just a little bit cracked rather than the full loon-amok.

In fact, I yam the only sane one here. Oh yes I am!

Cugel, waving a certificate from the booby hatch men to prove it.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes