Boring fact

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: Boring fact

Post by Audax67 »

francovendee wrote:
fausto copy wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
What a pension :P

I was only a lowly cable jointer for 20 years followed by a Plant Protection Officer for 19.
My salary was always well under the national average and I left after almost 40 years service, but at 55 years of age, therefore having a pension reduced by 20%.
There are things, like health, worth far more to me than money and thankfully (at the moment at least) I've got more of the former. :)

I left my employment at the age of 60 but sadly had to lose 50% of my pension :cry: We've managed OK for the following 16 years and are only now struggling a bit because of the fall in the value of the £.
I've never regretted retiring early and have recommended it to numerous friends but mainly they are frightened to take the plunge.

Are you still in the Vendée? ISTR that BoJo's bozos are planning to freeze UK pensions paid to EU residents 3 years after the Evil Day. Presumably they mean to freeze the £ value rather than the € value.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

As a very junior telegraph boy over 60 years ago I had to sign the official secrets act and as far as I know am still bound by it so I cannot tell you how many lead seals were used in my office every day.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Audax67 wrote:
francovendee wrote:
fausto copy wrote:
I was only a lowly cable jointer for 20 years followed by a Plant Protection Officer for 19.
My salary was always well under the national average and I left after almost 40 years service, but at 55 years of age, therefore having a pension reduced by 20%.
There are things, like health, worth far more to me than money and thankfully (at the moment at least) I've got more of the former. :)

I left my employment at the age of 60 but sadly had to lose 50% of my pension :cry: We've managed OK for the following 16 years and are only now struggling a bit because of the fall in the value of the £.
I've never regretted retiring early and have recommended it to numerous friends but mainly they are frightened to take the plunge.

Are you still in the Vendée? ISTR that BoJo's bozos are planning to freeze UK pensions paid to EU residents 3 years after the Evil Day. Presumably they mean to freeze the £ value rather than the € value.

Yes still in the Vendee and I have heard of the plan on pensions. One more difficulty for people like myself.
A number of Brits who moved here years ago have gone back to the UK. Very often the value of any property here is just a fraction of what's needed in the UK. I'm sure there will be a cost to the Government to help these people survive :roll: .
I'm already stripped of my vote so have no say in which way the UK decides to act.
A close friend born in the USA in the 40's still votes there after living here for most of here life. The UK has some strange ideas on what nationality means.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

My American grandad voted in us elections his whole eligible life despite most of that time spent in the UK. Mind you he never took another nationality. Americans are a bit too picky about nationhood to do that. Even if it causes them a lot if problems through their life as an ex pat.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

I'm certainly staying here for the rest of my life. Under 10% of my pension comes from the UK and the medical services in Alsace are great, not to mention the cycling.
Have we got time for another cuppa?