What Would You Do With £170M

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: What Would You Do With £170M

Post by Mick F »

In Gunnislake, we have Higher Dimson, Lower Dimson and North Dimson.

What happened to South, West and East, I ain't got a clue. Could have fallen down a tin mine shaft maybe. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

We have Nether Kellet and Over Kellet near us. Over Kellet is the nicer village.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mike Sales wrote:
mercalia wrote:

Theres a Hell Corner near a place called Inkpen near 2 places called UpperGreen and Lower Green where the lower one is north of the upper one? :roll:

The names must refer to altitude.

Two Welsh hills.
Glyder Fach (The small Glyder) is higher than Glyder Fawr (the big Glyder)!
Glyder Fawr looks bulkier.

Mountains, please: no no, Glyder Fawr is higher but
Bera Mawr (794 m) near Abergwyngregyn is lower than Bera Bach (807 m)
BM is nearer the village so it looks bigger from there :wink:
According to Mr Ordnance + Mrs Survey
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Tangled Metal wrote:We have Nether Kellet and Over Kellet near us. Over Kellet is the nicer village.

I have cycled through both a hundred times (or thereabouts). Once I stopped in Over K to eat a cake whilst sat on a bench on the green. Only once, mind. One learns every hole, verge-crumble, slippery drain and queer camber of such places as a result of them being on the main in/out route to other places. Yet sitting on that bench the one time, I saw many other aspects of wider Nether K I'd never noticed before.

Before long there'll be several local Welsh villages of which I'll know every grain of gravel on their roads. But at the moment there's still a few hundred miles of do-able back roads I have yet to traverse. In NW England, there were none left I'd not been down. Even the fell road cul-de-sacs up into the dead ends with a farm at the top have all been visited at least once. Perhaps this was my subconscious reason for moving? :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Family lived in OK and my rides used to start with a ride down one of the hills to the crossroads. Usually down to Arnside and Silverdale on a self created time trial route I liked. Overall time improvements and beating my 58mph record were the two obsessions over that route. :D

I nearly bought a 200 year old terraced cottage in OK once. Amazing view to Warton Crag.