Paying bills - what options?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
peetee

Paying bills - what options?

Post by peetee »

I have recently moved house and have been billed by the previous utility company for the few days they were supplying before my own choice of supplier took over. They are asking me by letter to log on and register an account with them to pay the bill. The only other option is to phone but this line has consistently got a substantial queue. I object to having to register my personal information with them just to pay a £5 bill.
Do I have any other recourse?
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
richardfm

Re: Paying bills - what options?

Post by richardfm »

Send them a fiver in the post with a covering letter, quoting your account number
Richard M
Cardiff
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

write them a letter telling them to send a paper bill. You can then send them a cheque? do you still use cheques ( I do ) or pay at a post office ( at their expence )
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

hi,
They already know the address, if they don't know your name what's the problem giving them your name?
That's the only details they need to know, the bill is on the house.
Every time you change Supplier they will know your name/or the name you put that for some reason you don't want your name on the bill but only your partners.

I prefer to do everything online because you're dealing with a computer, not some ninsy on the end of the phone.
You also have a record of your transactions online, which you can refer to later, phone calls never give you any of that, also Online is 24 hours a day so do it at your leisure.
If you have a computer what's the problem.

Okay, you could write to them and wait for a reply, then send a cheque as suggested.
By the time you get a reply you can have cleared your account online.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Email their customer services and ask them to phone you. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

rjb wrote:Email their customer services and ask them to phone you. :wink:

send me your phone number and I will phone you and pay your bill :wink: :twisted: and pay for next years holiday at the same time
peetee

Post by peetee »

I eventually found an address for the company so sent them a cheque with one of the bills they sent me. I didn't want to pay online because that can only be done by opening an account and I dont want to have an account and my details held by a company with which I will not be trading.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.