escooters

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
kwackers

Re: escooters

Postby kwackers » 6 Feb 2020, 12:55pm

mercalia wrote:I mentioned some where else the case of an escooter driving at speed thru a red crossing in Streatham with people starting to cross ( near where the shooting was) and what was so shocking was how little there was to see as he zoomed by, at every moment of his passage ( I was on the pavement). The people crossing didnt see him at all I think

IME bicycles often disappear completely in a sea of people by virtue of being lower than the surrounding folk.

I honestly think you'll see what you want to see. A cyclist that is momentarily hidden as they go through a crowd is expected, your brain doesn't care.
A scooter is unusual so you're alerted to their presence and then when they "disappear" it adds weight to any preconceptions you have.

philvantwo

Re: escooters

Postby philvantwo » 6 Feb 2020, 1:23pm

Went to Vienna with the Mrs for a short break after Christmas , walked into the city centre on the first day, had a few pints and we decided to use 'Lime' scooters to get back to the hotel. Downloaded the app which shows where the scooters are and the battery level, found 2 together and a forty minute walk was a ten minute ride!! Didn't fall off and no near misses, loads of other folk using them and no kill Joy's pressing the stop button on pedestrian crossings!
Highly recommend them :lol: :lol: :lol:
[color=#FF0000][/color]