Cyclist with road rage

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
dim

Cyclist with road rage

Post by dim »

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=6hxd_1575544069

Two Wheels, Spandex and a Heart Full of Hate

Cyclist doesn't want to move to let a heavy truck pass on an agricultural road and holds up everybody: "You have to keep a meter free for me!"

According to a source, the whole scene lasted more than 30 minutes.
Happened in Rijkevorsel, Belgium
Syd

Re: Cyclist with road rage

Post by Syd »

Unfortunately there are idiotic people everywhere and the cyclist in this instance is one of them.

I’m currently in France, less then 10 miles from the Belgian border, and been astonished at how bad and inconsiderate the cyclists are in this area and don’t get me started on the Deliveroo riders! [emoji23]
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

There was a guy like this in Oldham near me, tried this grandstanding with cars and posted in YouTube. Cyclist vs the Motorist style. It worked until he met the wrong motorist. Who happened to have a pick axe in the boot. Never seen on YouTube since.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

What a knob!
I don't think the cyclist was well in his head.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Messieurs les Flamingants. Rien ne change.

https://youtu.be/fGpV8rX-9oA
Have we got time for another cuppa?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

“Cyclist” or just an idiot who happens to ride a BSO?
I’d have thrown him and his bike out of the way.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

In perspective - how many motorists have cyclists killed, and how many cyclists have motorists killed?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

JohnW wrote:In perspective - how many motorists have cyclists killed, and how many cyclists have motorists killed?

:?: :?
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

100%JR wrote:
JohnW wrote:In perspective - how many motorists have cyclists killed, and how many cyclists have motorists killed?

Following on from your immediately previous post - there are idiots on bikes and idiots driving vehicles.
The idiots on bikes are just idiots, but idiots behind steering wheels can be killers.
Perversely, some of the biggest idiots-on-bikes that I see locally are motorists. You wouldn't think that, would you? - you'd think that a motorist on a bike would have a better understanding of the motorists around them.
Someone above has said (and I quote) "what a knob!" and thought that the cyclist wasn't "well in his head".
I'm not querying that, but a motorist with a similar mentality and behaviour is a potential killer.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The cyclist in the video is a complete and utter idiot,unbelievably stupid :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

JohnW wrote:
100%JR wrote:

Following on from your immediately previous post - there are idiots on bikes and idiots driving vehicles.
The idiots on bikes are just idiots, but idiots behind steering wheels can be killers.
Perversely, some of the biggest idiots-on-bikes that I see locally are motorists. You wouldn't think that, would you? - you'd think that a motorist on a bike would have a better understanding of the motorists around them.
Someone above has said (and I quote) "what a knob!" and thought that the cyclist wasn't "well in his head".
I'm not querying that, but a motorist with a similar mentality and behaviour is a potential killer.

I still don’t see what relevance your OP has to this incident?
The bloke on the bike is being an idiot.,or indeed a knob,as someone stated.
Your post does not make any sense in relation to that video.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Polisman wrote:There was a guy like this in Oldham near me, tried this grandstanding with cars and posted in YouTube. Cyclist vs the Motorist style. It worked until he met the wrong motorist. Who happened to have a pick axe in the boot. Never seen on YouTube since.

Whose behavior do you support in this particular scenario?
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Sorry but having watched the video, I don't see any road rage,

Must add I don't think the cyclist is in the right, I think he is being a bit pedantic, but its not road rage. the lorry driver has stopped to let him through and that should be enough, but the Guy wants his one metre. remember this is on the continent where the law is different.
NUKe

Post by Oldjohnw »

Road rage? Pedantic? The cyclist is an absolute ar****le. A total, idiotic, pratt. He should not be let out onto roads on his own. His demand for a metre and the lorry driver's (and all behind) need to get to his destination were incompatible.

There might have been an emergency in a following vehicle. But this clown is on a soap box. One minute to one side of the road and no trouble or delay would have ensued.

I think that even people on the continent would see through this idiot.
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:Road rage? Pedantic? The cyclist is an absolute ar****le. A total, idiotic, pratt. He should not be let out onto roads on his own. His demand for a metre and the lorry driver's (and all behind) need to get to his destination were incompatible.

There might have been an emergency in a following vehicle. But this clown is on a soap box. One minute to one side of the road and no trouble or delay would have ensued.

I think that even people on the continent would see through this idiot.

Nail,head,on!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden