How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: How's your weather?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Cowsham wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 7:49am Been wind and rain without ceasing for weeks now but that's normal for here. Relying on indoor exercise for now. To be fair I do need a lot of work on the upper half after my bad off.
What are you training to be?
Is it still the fashion to develop your upper body?
Magic Mike :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 12:08pm Hi,
Cowsham wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 7:49am Been wind and rain without ceasing for weeks now but that's normal for here. Relying on indoor exercise for now. To be fair I do need a lot of work on the upper half after my bad off.
What are you training to be?
Is it still the fashion to develop your upper body?
Magic Mike :)
Yes it is very much so.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Still raining
peetee

Post by peetee »

I pity anyone who had to cycle in the weather we have endured today. 40mph gusts and heavy continuous rain. If it were I riding I think I would have just worn shorts and jersey as with an ambient temperature of 15 Centigrade any waterproof gear would have had me sweating buckets into a headwind so I would have got just as wet.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Rode home at 17:45 in the rain in Bristol, no waterproof gear cause it was dry when I rode to work. There was a headwind at the begining of the commute home but my direction of travel changed and it was behind me I guess. Worst bit of the ride was the first ten minutes as I went from dry to wet, once wet I knew it wouldn't be any wetter. Not too cold either, in fact I undid the zip on my jersey which helped when it came to putting my clear glasses somewhere as I got to a point in my ride where oncoming traffic would be a lot closer. Shoes on the boot dryer along with my gloves and the wet kit should have gone in the washing machine but is in a damp pile in front of the washing machine still :oops:
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

Not too cold round our way, it seems the winters really are getting warmer. When I were a lad.... Ect ect
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

After days of rain it faired this morning to the extent I rode into work this morning. Roads wet and some light rain but that's all.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Absolutely hammered it down all yesterday evening and all night.
Roads flooded - even the A38 at Notter Bridge. Rivers overflowing, huge puddles on the roads, terrible conditions.

Clearing up this morning, but still drizzling on and off 10am. Should be ok soon, and we're off for a walk, but we'll keep away from the river path.
Mick F. Cornwall
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Fogging 'orrible here, at least it was the last time I looked.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

More heavy showers this morning but one consolation is that I am not camping :) .
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

It's odd, that I can quite enjoy the sound of rain lashing down outside when I am secure inside in the dry, but when I hear the wind squalling it makes me uneasy.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mike Sales wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 10:39am It's odd, that I can quite enjoy the sound of rain lashing down outside when I am secure inside in the dry, but when I hear the wind squalling it makes me uneasy.
We usually have both -- that's why houses up here need to be watertight in the sideways direction.

Unusually the sun is poking through the clouds today in places.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

My mercury barometer tumbled over night; I don't remember seeing it so low. The rapid fall is supposed to precede a storm but it's sunny with a gentle breeze at the mo. Online forecasts predict a lot of rain in the next couple of days but nothing suggesting strong winds.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

thirdcrank wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 1:59pm My mercury barometer tumbled over night; I don't remember seeing it so low. The rapid fall is supposed to precede a storm but it's sunny with a gentle breeze at the mo. Online forecasts predict a lot of rain in the next couple of days but nothing suggesting strong winds.
Well I'm glad there's an extra hour to sleep -- it's really mad outside right now-- I'm ' Woke' to violent storms. Anything not bolted down would be long gone. Gale winds and heavy rain.
Tim Holman

Post by Tim Holman »

The Stewartry of Kirkcudbright is wet, windy and I have lost an hour somewhere. I'll have to ask if anybody's seen it. If Daylight Saving Time really worked, why can't I save it up somewhere in the bikeshed for use at my convenience? I'm sure I have an empty Golden Syrup tin under the bench that I could fill.
Tim