How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: How's your weather?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Cowsham wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 8:56am
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 1:58am Hi,
Cowsham wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 8:23pm

That's horrible does the heat of this summer improve or make it worse?
I am not normally bothered by heat and no I have noticed no difference hot or cold .......BUT...............
When its cold I am not putting out enough power to keep warm.
So on the way home when the temp was 5C...my hands cold then feet - arms - knees even then my chest and I was chilled too much.
Alright for first hour then a few miles from home and felt bad.
Two years ago I was putting out 350 W for an hour..............earlier this year I struggled on 250 W.
Went out monday night and felt usual sluggish for first hour but all the way home the next 1.5 hours I felt half normal but too early to say I an turning a corner.
Another week or two and I will know for sure........................depressing after being able to stay in the saddle for 11 h 15 m in 12 then not being able to cycle for more than 40 M which feels like I have cycled 300 M without going to bed.
Surely staying in the saddle for 11 hours 15min in 12 couldn't be good for you? What age were you when you were able to do that? I've never been able to do that -- but I've never been a competition cyclist.
Raining at the moment and 45 mph winds overnight.
I must be getting old and senile :(
"Two years ago I was putting out 350 W for an hour..............earlier this year I struggled on 250 W."
It should have been 250W not the 350 I said in the post!
Imagine If I said you could gain 50W in say two years........you would bite my hand off.
Losing 100 W feels like I have aged 20 years :(
I have never been in a club and I dont compete at all except with myself.
Probably comes from having no money in my youth and being late for work every day :lol:
Helped along by two older brothers................one bullied me.........the other my twin..........she went on to have a nervous breakdown and tried suicide!
I had to suffer the daily kicks to the stomach from the drunken other.....................

I have records going back 21 years, takes a lot of sifting, but did some better cycling mid fifties now 62, knock of a few years well three after being diagnosed again for PAD in lower leg and then we have covid lockdowns.
I hope to come back to full fitness.
I am driven.......by what who knows.
Been on meds for the last 35 plus years.
I still intend to do double end to end camping all the way.

If you get yourself fit enough it does not hurt, but you question your sanity when sitting on a bench in a village miles from home at two in the morn with your head in your hands.

I gave up once at 40 and did not cycle for ten years, I will not be giving up again, age to me is nothing and expect to get back my fitness one day.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

I'm trying to be sensible about how far I can push my aging body without doing
damage. Learned that painful lesson when I was 17. People still think I'm a nutter though.

As for the weather here -- the forecast was way off -- 12 % chance of precipitation = it's raining steady all morning so far.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Bright sunshine about 1/2 an hr ago -- now dark with thunder and lightning and torrential sideways rain. The young boy just got the grass cut in time.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Glorious all day.
Been walkies with Doggie, then called in at the pub sitting outside, then home and been on the patio in the hot sunshine.

Come in now, as the sun has gone below the roof-level as our patio is on the east.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Still dry still sunny and warm. Local news last night reported on the low level of our reservoir. 3 metres down as we’ve not had rain since May.
Yet 60 mile away in Edinburgh they had flooding.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

^^
All change tomrw!
No need to water the garden!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm bored! :evil: :evil:

Absolutely batting down out there, and all the things that keep me sane are outdoor-orientated.
Mick F. Cornwall
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

After a fresh sunny morning, it has clouded over and heavy rain is forecast. I mowed the lawn and put some fertiliser on the garden this morning in preparation.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The low pressure system centre is right above us sucking rain and thunderstorms on top of us for the next few days -- it's been raining every day for a while now. Last night floods lifted manhole covers in the town.

This is what summer is usually like in NI it was those sunny days that were unusual. At least it's not cold like most summers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Today, is very very different.

Not that the weather is sunny, because we get much/some of that, but because the wind/breeze is from the east.
Very very unusual here.

Sitting outside in the sunshine - with a beer of course! - I looked up at the fluffy clouds, and they are gently moving from the east to the west.

Having sat outside - with a beer - over the years - it's rare that the clouds move towards the west.
Easterly winds normally bring cold weather, but today is very nice indeed.
Nicest warmest day we've had here since summer of 2020.
Mick F. Cornwall
peetee

Post by peetee »

Getting the same breeze here, 50 miles west. There is a bit of a chill to it, however, just enough to keep you cool and mask the strength of the sunshine.
I suspect there will be plenty of pink holidaymakers by the end of the day.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol:
Pink.
Brilliant! :D

Honestly, it's very strange to have an easterly here with summer sun.
Yes, very strange indeed.

In the livingroom now. The sunshine if wonderful, and I'll go back out into it soon.
Very odd weather indeed.
Mick F. Cornwall
Syd

Post by Syd »

Last few days here have been commuting to work in haar and back home in sunshine with temperatures in the low 20’s.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Been raining non stop since end of July but the last couple of days have been very nice -- today shaping up to be a scorcher.
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

After more than a week of gloomy, cloudy weather, the forecast today was for sunshine in the afternoon, most likely in the west, so I headed over to Llanwnda then cycled to the cafe at Cwmystradllyn which had been recommended. Had a mug of filter coffee and homemade cake all for £4 which I thought was a bit of a bargain. I also picked and ate some sweet blackberries from the roadside and the sun did indeed shine so I had a great day out :D .