How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
KTHSullivan

Re: How's your weather?

Post by KTHSullivan »

Good force 5-6 here at the moment and a cold northerly wind but sunny. We did have a very light snow flurry at 06:30. BBC weather forecast this morning was 7 with gusts to 9 but think they were being slightly pessimistic. Went out sur mon cycle to drop grand children's Easter eggs off. Murder going out, seriously wind assisted coming back.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
scribes

Post by scribes »

Wind NNW, gusting 35-38 mph, with the odd snow shower. Daffodils are not happy!
lambing snow April 2021.jpg
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

A brilliant day with a few fluffy clouds.Opted for an off roader in Dalbeattie forest.An excellent ride, very quiet and sheltered from the cold northerly wind.Two polartec 100 layers plus gilet kept me toasty.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

It was -3c this morning with a dusting of snow. Sunny and windy this afternoon, been for a nice wee ride with my partner, well clad!
Apparantly -3c forecast here tonight as well.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Very sunny in London, 6 degrees but feels 3 with the windchill.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

A wild wild day here in the Scottish Borders, bitingly cold with gale force winds, but just spectacular to be out. And of course being April the sun is high, so get out of that wind and into a sunny spot and it was really quite nice.

I eventually got into one of these big showers, a mixture of hail and snow, difficult to ride in for the hail stinging the face, it would momentarily turn the ground white but would soon melt.

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Pebble wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 12:45am A wild wild day here in the Scottish Borders, bitingly cold with gale force winds, but just spectacular to be out. And of course being April the sun is high, so get out of that wind and into a sunny spot and it was really quite nice.

I eventually got into one of these big showers, a mixture of hail and snow, difficult to ride in for the hail stinging the face, it would momentarily turn the ground white but would soon melt.

Hail stinging the face --- Nope!
I am here. Where are you?
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Cowsham wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 7:45am Hail stinging the face --- Nope!
getting a bit soft in my old age
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Glorious sunny morning again, though very cold again too.
Weather forecasts are a complete joke as the weather is very different to what they say it's going to be.

Too much to do today, so cycling is out. :oops:
Mick F. Cornwall
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Weather here bright breezy and chilly.

Had a problem with my back this morning; namely getting the mattress off it! So running late, perusing the local OS last night there is a nice looking bridal way I was unaware of, so that is going to be this mornings run out. Photo's later.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Pebble wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 8:37am
Cowsham wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 7:45am Hail stinging the face --- Nope!
getting a bit soft in my old age
:lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Heavy snow cover this morning and sideways snow flying passed the window
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Today is supposed to be partly cloudy & 8 degrees, here, but so far it is sunny & windy.

Littlest is going to the woods with his school class today. He will be 200 higher than home, and the temperature there is expected to be similar, but another 100 meters up & there is still snow, and 3 degrees colder.

We've had a couple of weeks, now of consistently above freezing during the day, but I started digging in the garden over the weekend, and found that it was still frozen under the raised beds. I wanted to do some rearranging, but it will have to wait another week or two.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Beautiful sunny morning, 2c and windy, maybe a walking day!
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Just back from a couple of hours in the Lincolnshire Alps :lol: . 4-5C but with the hooligan blowing at the moment hovering just above freezing with the wind chill.
Attachments
IMG_20210406_122917.jpg