How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Mick F »

Off out on a ride tomorrow, and I don't expect to need long sleeves. I don't expect to wear shoes and socks either, as I plan to wear my Shimano sandals for the first time this year.

Still going to light the woodburner this evening as it creates lots of hot water and Mrs Mick F wants a shower. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

VinceLedge wrote: 6 May 2021, 4:05pm "Many years ago I could always claim that the Cheviots had some snow on them until May. For a couple of decades that has not been the case. Until this year."

We usually check Cheviot for snow when we are on a ride east of Gala!
30th May and still some very small patches can be seen high up in the Bizzle and Hen Hole - wonder if they make it into June with this warm weather.
Just shows what a cold spring this has been.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Not strictly weather but another of those northern nights where it doesn’t get fully dark all night.
John
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Fret here, should burn through for elevenses.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

2nd of June and still a few little patches of snow high up in the Cheviots (just below Kings seat) - I doubt it will be forming a glacier, but it is late of going.
There is some bigger bits deep in the shadows of the Bizzle, but snow where the sun shines in June!
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Pebble wrote: 3 Jun 2021, 12:42am 2nd of June and still a few little patches of snow high up in the Cheviots (just below Kings seat) - I doubt it will be forming a glacier, but it is late of going.
Is it?
Or has it been melting off early for the last 20 years?
The highest point on my hill was 679metres and just below that point was a March fence which always got covered in snow. IME in the eighties and nineties It was always the middle of June before we could repair the damage caused by the snow. Things changed as we changed centuries and I look across to that point on most of my walks and never seen snow beyond the of April for years.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Error
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Pebble wrote: 3 Jun 2021, 12:42am 2nd of June and still a few little patches of snow high up in the Cheviots (just below Kings seat) - I doubt it will be forming a glacier, but it is late of going.
There is some bigger bits deep in the shadows of the Bizzle, but snow where the sun shines in June!

I noticed the snow on Monday. It is the only time in the almost 40 years I have lived up here in sight of these hills that i have seen snow in June.

Was that you in the Bowmont Valley?

Lovely picture, by the way. Thanks for showing.
John
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Been balmy the last couple o days
I am here. Where are you?
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Sunshine after rain, Belfast Lough, 5 6 2021:
IMG-20210605-WA0003.jpg
IMG_20210605_212834429_HDR.jpg
Cheers,

Keith
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

After a week of lovely warm weather it's persisting it down today :x
Looks like the indoor bike for me.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Traction_man wrote: 5 Jun 2021, 10:55pm Sunshine after rain, Belfast Lough, 5 6 2021:

IMG-20210605-WA0003.jpg

Cheers,

Keith

Lovely pictures Kieth -- unfortunately I've been in a hospital for the last week -- it's been sweltering in the wards. The poor nurses had to work hard in that too. I came off my bike a bad slap last Sunday and had some serious injuries but making a remarkable recovery for an owl boy.
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Cowsham wrote: 8 Jun 2021, 9:09pm
Traction_man wrote: 5 Jun 2021, 10:55pm Sunshine after rain, Belfast Lough, 5 6 2021:

IMG-20210605-WA0003.jpg

Cheers,

Keith

Lovely pictures Kieth -- unfortunately I've been in a hospital for the last week -- it's been sweltering in the wards. The poor nurses had to work hard in that too. I came off my bike a bad slap last Sunday and had some serious injuries but making a remarkable recovery for an owl boy.
Sorry to hear that, sounds pretty bad, hope you recover soon and glad you liked the pics too.

We've had a good few days of late and fingers crossed it stays fine here for a bit longer.

All the best,

Keith
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Thanks Kieth - the pictures of the Lough cheered me up.
peetee

Post by peetee »

While the weather continues to be fair for most of the country in the far south west we have been blanketed in fog for the past two days. Only the low, coastal fringes are escaping the grey blanket.
One wonders if this will affect the arrival of the G7 leaders and their entourage. Perhaps I won’t fill the kettle and put it on just yet.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.