How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Oldjohnw »

Yesterday I had a 30 mile ride around Berwickshire. I encountered sun, wind, rain and hail.
John
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

NW Wales.
Wind driven rain and still cool.
The first significant rain for many weeks, so in that sense it is welcome.
Though a shame for the campers.

Coldest April for 99 years.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/p ... -dry-april
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Overcast on the outskirts of London, although sunny earlier, and going for a ride before the rain hits at 15.00.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Tipping down and windy, burning scrap wood in multi fuel stove currently and can hear the draw.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I’m up at Killin just now and it’s so cold it’s surprising the rain hasn’t turned to snow. Came across a couple of wild campers this morning by Loch Tay. How they slept last night is beyond me as I kept the caravan heater on all night. : :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

It rained yesterday evening! :shock: The ground actually got wet!
First rain since 12th March.

We've had the odd flurry of drizzle, but it never lasted more than a minute or two, but yesterday evening we had "proper rain".

Absolutely bone dry again out there now ......... but windy.
Off on a ride soon.
Mick F. Cornwall
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

It absolutely chucked it down yesterday in London, cats and dogs, but is bright and sunny now. More rain forecast from 14.00, so time for a ride before it gets wet again.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Wet!
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

Heavy rain since early yesterday.
Got soaked twice yesterday,looks like today will be the same.Joys of having a dog :lol:
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Couple of hours in the Lincolnshire alps yesterday got soaked to the bone on the return leg. This morning it is breezy and drizzle; it's only May after all :shock:
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Liquid sunshine, coldest April for almost a twelvemonth. Actually coldest for xx years :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
rjb

Post by rjb »

Very gusty winds here in Somerset. Just popped out for a short ride to the farm for some eggs. We've got the ham so farm fresh green eggs just the ticket. :D
IMG_20210504_103811.jpg
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

KTHSullivan wrote: 4 May 2021, 9:56am Couple of hours in the Lincolnshire alps yesterday got soaked to the bone on the return leg. This morning it is breezy and drizzle; it's only May after all :shock:
Heading out there towards the end of the month......hopefully it'll be warmer and drier!
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

rjb wrote: 4 May 2021, 10:42am Very gusty winds here in Somerset. Just popped out for a short ride to the farm for some eggs. We've got the ham so farm fresh green eggs just the ticket. :D
IMG_20210504_103811.jpg
Yes, I remember many an hour reading “Green Eggs and Ham” to my children. They loved it.

Especially the tongue twisters in the series.

Lucky to have nice eggs on your doorstep.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Mild, wet and blustery here, would be almost like high summer in Norn Iron if it were 10° colder.
Have we got time for another cuppa?