How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
VinceLedge

Re: How's your weather?

Post by VinceLedge »

[/quote]
where do you go there ? up ettrick over the wiss or witchie and down the yarrow ?
[/quote]

Up the Tweed and over the Paddyslacks , Gordon Arms then up and over the Berrybush , back via Ettrick Valley
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Where's this global warming then? It's still Baltic and pelting down sleet.
I am here. Where are you?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mild here, but raining and raining and raining.
First real rain since early March.

Me and Doggie went out for a walk along the river bank today heading for Chilsworthy to the White Hart.
https://whitehartchilsworthy.com

It's been so bone dry for weeks, the rain and wet just sat on the footpaths and didn't soak in. The paths were awash.
Never made it all the way - 3miles? - but turned round at about 2miles and headed back the way we'd come, and went to the Rising Sun instead.

Both pubs have covered outside seating areas, so either pub was fine ........... but the Hart was a bit too far in all this wet stuff! :shock:

Made it home about 1pm soaking wet through.
Mick F. Cornwall
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Calm and mild on the shores of Belfast Lough while out this evening:
IMG-20210508-WA0004.jpg
Cheers,

Keith
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Lovely and sunny today in London.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Having a few days in the Ingram Valley right in the heart of the Cheviots. Sunny, warm and mild, soft gentle air.

Have been watching dippers, grey wagtails and a red squirrel.
John
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Oldjohnw wrote: 9 May 2021, 10:07am Having a few days in the Ingram Valley right in the heart of the Cheviots. Sunny, warm and mild, soft gentle air.

Have been watching dippers, grey wagtails and a red squirrel.
Very lucky to see a proper red squirrel: all I see are the grey vermin.

Of course, due to the aggressive nature of greys, who kill red young, red squirrels only survive in certain enclaves.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Warm(er) but sun and showers. Managed to cut the grass.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I was at work last night and it never stopped raining.
'It put some water down' as my grandad used to say.
The old melting shop roof leaks and it's quite nice watching it.Looks a bit like something out of a Sci-hi film set in a future wasteland 8)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Today was different -- actually quite mild. Windy with some rain on and off all day. When I arrived home about 7 the clouds were plentiful some dark but the sight which greeted me was wonderful.

Looking over to the west with the strong southern wind at right angles what took my attention was a beam of light piercing the thick cloud falling almost vertically to the ground but also moving across the horizon with the wind, like you'd see on an old si-fi movie when the UFO is scanning the ground for victims to capture.
I am here. Where are you?
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Strong head wind, ice cream run and got home 5 minutes before heaven’s opened :D
peetee

Post by peetee »

Having endured nearly two months of decent sunshine but contrary cold wind along with it, the breezes have changed direction and the temperatures picked up a little. Just enough to have a go at something I have been putting off for ages. I absolutely loved it but twenty minutes in the choppy water of the Helford river was enough.
Attachments
331CAAED-4928-408B-9996-6DCE0F9B846A.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Very sunny in Nottinghamshire: makes a nice contrast from yesterday’s monsoon like rain in the evening.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Been for a lovely hilly ride on the Notts/Derbyshire border - very lumpy and it was great!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Absolutely monsooning it down here in sudden and prolonged blasts. Stair-rods.

I got wet enough from my ride yesterday, so doggie may not get a walk today unless it clears up in the next few hours.
Mick F. Cornwall