How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
VinceLedge

Re: How's your weather?

Post by VinceLedge »

Cold and sleet just now.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

"Many years ago I could always claim that the Cheviots had some snow on them until May. For a couple of decades that has not been the case. Until this year."

We usually check Cheviot for snow when we are on a ride east of Gala!
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

VinceLedge wrote: 6 May 2021, 4:05pm "Many years ago I could always claim that the Cheviots had some snow on them until May. For a couple of decades that has not been the case. Until this year."

We usually check Cheviot for snow when we are on a ride east of Gala!
Yes, it casts a long shadow. I’m going to Clovenfords the week after next to go fishing. Weather permitting - I’m fair weather everything these days.
John
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Yes, it casts a long shadow. I’m going to Clovenfords the week after next to go fishing. Weather permitting - I’m fair weather everything these days.
[/quote]

I live just outside Cloven, where are you fishing, the Tweed?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 6 May 2021, 1:20pm
Perhaps it came way out West?
Snowdon and the Glyders are quite white above 900 meters this morning.

The contrasting spring colours are extraordinary.
The variable colours of the Oak in particular, from almost red, through Olive to vivid green make the place a wonderland.
The snow had a long way to travel to reach the Fens!
You remind me of my life in Arfon. I believe "hiraeth" is the word.
I would always check the snow level, and estimate the state of the white stuff up there.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

VinceLedge wrote: 6 May 2021, 4:23pm Yes, it casts a long shadow. I’m going to Clovenfords the week after next to go fishing. Weather permitting - I’m fair weather everything these days.
I live just outside Cloven, where are you fishing, the Tweed?
[/quote]

Yes I am on the Tweed. I am doing a course which I received as a 70th birthday present two years ago but have been unable to use so far.
John
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

I hope the weather is a bit more pleasant, I will wave at anybody I see fishing near Peel and Caddonfoot :D
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

VinceLedge wrote: 6 May 2021, 6:22pm I hope the weather is a bit more pleasant, I will wave at anybody I see fishing near Peel and Caddonfoot :D
:D
John
RickH

Post by RickH »

We were minding 2 if the grandchildren today as their primary school was being used for polling. We took them for a bike ride to a park they like going to, about 9 mile round trip mostly free of motor traffic.

Coming back this afternoon we got caught in heavy rain & I noted that my Garmin's temperature display had dropped to 4.7°C! Mid afternoon In May! :shock:
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Friday and another heavy frost. Grass is white, bird bath frozen.
John
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

The weather forecast was good for today and I was looking forward to my first U3A bike ride since October however there are dark clouds and wintry showers instead. At least it is not windy and I hope it clears up later....DURRR
peetee

Post by peetee »

Walked out of the front door this morning to find ice on the car windscreen. This is not the Scottish Highlands. I’m within 20 miles of the most southerly point of the UK!
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Cycled Ettrick and Tweed valley route today, ranged from pleasantly warm to absolutely Baltic and wet on the hills, roll on summer!
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

VinceLedge wrote: 7 May 2021, 3:32pm Cycled Ettrick and Tweed valley route today, ranged from pleasantly warm to absolutely Baltic and wet on the hills, roll on summer!
where do you go there ? up ettrick over the wiss or witchie and down the yarrow ?
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Very wet today: chucking it down.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.