How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

Re: How's your weather?

Post by simonineaston »

According to the presenter on R3, it's just started to snow, somewhere unspecified in south England...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Sunny and snowing in South Oxfordshire. But the last time I looked the sun was too obscured for any interesting effects.

Jonathan
Elizabeth_S

Post by Elizabeth_S »

Sub zero and snowing in central Scotland, and my boiler packed up for the central heating a week ago, still have hot water, and we still don't know how long it will take to get it replaced/repaired.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Sleet and hail showers yesterday morning here in west Cornwall. The previous week had been dry but the outside temperature was hugely variable. In a sheltered sunny spot it was t-shirt weather but catch the breeze when the clouds came over and you really needed a hat and wind-proof top.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Still sleet mixed with rain and still Baltic!
I am here. Where are you?
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Not bad here at the moment still "tatters" but sunny, now clouding up. Wind not as bad as yesterday.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

still bitterly cold, but wonderfully dramatic to be out in

al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Chilly but not bone chilling this morning riding up into the Blackdown Hills. Got caught in a violent sleet storm yesterday afternoon walking the dogs. We all got battered.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Maillot Rouge

Post by Maillot Rouge »

Sunday walk was very pleasant in short sleeves.
Monday’s ride was sunny,blue skies but windy and very cold.I didn’t warm up at all over 40 miles despite wearing a long sleeve baselayer,short sleeve jersey and Castelli Profetto jacket.I’m not at all convinced about the paper thin Castelli!
There is something quite amusing about the UK weather.
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Bumped into an American in Scourie a few years ago, she was walking the Cape Wrath Trail. She was incredulous of the Scottish weather. During her days walk she had seen bright warm sunshine, torrential rain and snow and then back to warm weather again. I did inform her that one could tell it was the height of Summer as the snow was only vertical and not horizontal. She recounted that where she hailed from, they could predict the first snowfall with reasonable accuracy to a week.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

We warmed up a little during the day to about 4 deg -- almost summer for us.

Noticed the difference between here and the south of England in April 2010.

We were coming to the end of an ice storm which brought down many electric wires leaving us without electricity for a week.

I had to travel to Essex at that time and it was almost tropical down there.

The leaves were out on the trees and hedges while at home there was 3 inches of hard packed ice on the lane.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Jdsk wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 6:07pm Sunny and snowing in South Oxfordshire. But the last time I looked the sun was too obscured for any interesting effects.

Jonathan
Anywhere near Chinnor? I lived there until 2017 and it was a great base for cycling around the Chilterns and a very nice route into Oxford via Thame, Wheatley, and Horspath, on NCR 57.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

We're very slightly S of that route... on top of what is locally thought to be a hill.

: - )

Jonathan
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Hail / sleet / snow
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Not bad today a bit warmer than of late. A few very light showers on my run out this morning.