How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: How's your weather?

Post by mercalia »

light snow in London
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Decided on a shorter route today so headed around the coast with a nice tail-wind behind, even helping us up some of the steep hills.
Overlooking the beach we saw no-one on the shore until we were just leaving and saw two hardy ladies emerging from the sea, wearing ordinary costumes and swim caps. (We assume they are members of the local Blue Tits swimming group who swim in the sea all year round).
However, the homeward leg was battling back into the strong headwind all the way. The 6 miles took us just on an hour and we were shattered when we got back.
Yes, beautiful blue skies and sunshine and damn hard work, but hey, we were out enjoying ourselves. :D
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Very short flurry of snow. Cold strong NNE wind. Half of my 20 miles quick, half very slow!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Glorious weather and desiccated dryness.
Considering the seven months of rain, the place is as dry as a bone.

It might be sunny and dry, but it's damned cold out there!
Out for a walk with Doggie this afternoon, and I had winter clothing on - layers, wooly hat, gloves, thick socks ...............

On the way down along the river bank, a couple came towards us in shorts and light tops. TBH, there, it wasn't too bad, so they would have been fine. We were heading into the wind, and they walking downwind. I didn't know them or where they'd walked from, but maybe they were warm enough. Trouble is, they were going out of the paths to where we'd been walking, so they would have almost frozen to death later! :lol:

Towards the end of our walk on the road home, a young couple came towards us. Teenagers, boy and girl. He was in shorts and a light top, and the girl was in little shorts and a sleeveless skimpy top. They has obviously been running down at the playing fields.
Like the good father figure I am, I said to her that she must be FREEZING! She shivered and agreed that she was.

12degC bright sunshine but one heck of a windchill out there. Never known the weather how it is now.
Mick F. Cornwall
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

Cold but quite bright and sunny this afternoon as I did a 20 mile round trip out into the countryside and back into the suburbs. Roads were deserted, no more than 10 cars in the 16 miles of rural riding. Wonderful.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Another walk round the fields 1.96 miles in 48 mins.
Perfect camping weather at the moment :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

2 degrees C and a North wind not up here it isn’t :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Paulatic wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

2 degrees C and a North wind not up here it isn’t :)

For me no rain is perfect, last time in scotland.......first time scotland camping was minus 10 or lower waiting in my bag overnight at the rail way station on a wooden bench, bag was rated at minus 20 C :mrgreen:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I understand that after a soaking wet autumn and winter, we're now in the driest spring on record.

Cut the grass yesterday, and in the 23years we've been at this address, the grass was at the driest and easiest to cut ever. Because of the hot sunshine, I didn't do the strimming of the banks.

Just come in from an hour's work out there with the Tanaka Brushcutter, and it's too hot to carry on.

The temp in the shade is (only) 18degC, but in the sun, it's blisteringly hot .................. especially being fully clothed for brushcutting.
It's not even 10am yet, and I've had enough. :shock:

It's not as though there's a breeze to cool us. Flat calm and HOT in the sun.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I have only cut our lawn once this year. There is now a lot of wispy grass here and there which makes it look untidy. It needs a feed but you cant do that without rain. We are on unmetered water and our water rates are a crazy £900 per annum so I have no qualms about doing copious watering. A lot of the ground is rock hard.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We're unmetered too, and TBH, we don't want a meter.
Our water rates are £320 pa.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Back in Oxfordshire our metered water charges were £216 pa. I think they assessed our water charges on the fact of how many showers and baths in the house. We have 4 showers and a bath but only 3 people? This house used to be a Drs surgery. Perhaps I should question their logic?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
al_yrpal wrote:I have only cut our lawn once this year. There is now a lot of wispy grass here and there which makes it look untidy. It needs a feed but you cant do that without rain. We are on unmetered water and our water rates are a crazy £900 per annum so I have no qualms about doing copious watering. A lot of the ground is rock hard.

Al

A meter would be cheaper, Especially if there is only two people living at home.
Once you have a meter you know where to save the money.
At £900 even three or four people would be less money I would say careful use for people on the meter you could probably get away with less than a grand easy.
South West water is one of the most expensive waterfalls in the country we get a rebate every year.
What's your water authority?
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Weather here has been fantastic for months now.
Little or no rain, cut the grass once this year.
Some of it is a foot high but otherwise it's not grown at all, just needs tidying.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We were Band C for years, and one day, I queried it and we are now Band B.

Water charges are based on your council tax band, metered or unmetered.
Mick F. Cornwall