How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

4" of snow -- had to dig the car out this morning.
I am here. Where are you?
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Out this morning at 10ish, back at 13:00ish noticeable drop in temperature over a few hours.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Despite there being another layer of snow yesterday morning, today was lovely, about 5 or 6 degrees but dry and sunny with no or little wind. Got a bike ride in, after that very cold week.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

A covering of snow early, even to low levels, in N. Wales.
Higher up stayed white most of the day.
I expect above 800m or so still has some light snow cover.
It was quite warm for a while after lunch.
The air is very clear.

A far western hilltop at sundown yesterday, revealed the Wicklow Mountains and the Wexford hills easily visible 50 odd miles away across the Irish Sea.
My iphone camera doesn't do it justice but they are there in the brighter horizon.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Frosty starts generally here.
I was out cycling on Sunday, in a very cold wind. I was only just warm enough .......... gloves, two base layers under my windproof LS top, long tights, thick socks, and a warm hat. Temp was 7degC and very wind-chilly.

Warm sunshine generally over the last week, but you have to keep out of the wind.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 9:20am Frosty starts generally here.
I was out cycling on Sunday, in a very cold wind. I was only just warm enough .......... gloves, two base layers under my windproof LS top, long tights, thick socks, and a warm hat. Temp was 7degC and very wind-chilly.

Warm sunshine generally over the last week, but you have to keep out of the wind.
6C last night, single long sleeve layer over bib shorts and 100 gram wind top, 3 hrs and still sweating and did not walk at all :)
Been sunny and warm in the daytime hear in holiday land south devon.
Seen a few rats at night plenty bunnies, last night a very tiny like the chocolate ones you buy in lidl and aldi lintdt gold bunny, cowering in the gutter down a lane, I nearly stopped to get it off the road, never seen such a tiny one :P
Oh another badger jumped out in front of me again.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 9:20am Frosty starts generally here.

7 degrees -- tropical :mrgreen: compared to our weekend -- about 10 degrees here now thank flurry.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

10°C & sunny, with ~8°C of wind chill.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
peetee

Post by peetee »

Beautiful sunshine today but a cold, moderate south-easterly wind puts paid to any thoughts of sun bathing. Believe me, I tried. I’m just back from a hilly 25 mile ride to Falmouth and I was barely able to stay warm when I sat in Kimberley park with some lunch.
Anyhow, enough whinging. Here’s a photo of a little lane called Tregonning Road which, as you can see, was delightful.
61303A26-7283-4C69-B1E6-61E04077A199.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

peetee wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 3:30pm Beautiful sunshine today but a cold, moderate south-easterly wind puts paid to any thoughts of sun bathing. Believe me, I tried. I’m just back from a hilly 25 mile ride to Falmouth and I was barely able to stay warm when I sat in Kimberley park with some lunch.
Anyhow, enough whinging. Here’s a photo of a little lane called Tregonning Road which, as you can see, was delightful.61303A26-7283-4C69-B1E6-61E04077A199.jpeg
Like the dark hedges near me ( Game of Thrones --- which I've never watched cos I don't have sky and can't fathom what the fuss is all about )
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

You are missing out re Game of Thrones.

However, as many plaudits as the tv series has, the books are far superior and well worth a read. Massive tomes with lots of excellent reading time: superb recreation of a mediaeval world, or the Wars of the Roses, but on acid (and with magic).

Great characters as well.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz

Post by gbnz »

peetee wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 3:30pm Beautiful sunshine today but a cold, moderate south-easterly wind ..........Anyhow, enough whinging.
Stunning sunshine, blue skies & sun. But cold, even in winter I don't normally wear a fleece under the cycling jacket!

Only real issue is that the weather's been too good! Blue skies & sun don't leave much time to do anything, other than cycling & walking; and getting off the bus 16 miles short of town yesterday proved to be a time demanding, coastal walk!
rjb

Post by rjb »

gbnz wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 9:26am
peetee wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 3:30pm Beautiful sunshine today but a cold, moderate south-easterly wind ..........Anyhow, enough whinging.
Stunning sunshine, blue skies & sun. But cold, even in winter I don't normally wear a fleece under the cycling jacket!

Only real issue is that the weather's been too good! Blue skies & sun don't leave much time to do anything, other than cycling & walking; and getting off the bus 16 miles short of town yesterday proved to be a time demanding, coastal walk!
I remember buses. The thing that we have been advised to avoid. I've not used my concessionary pass for over 12 months now. And take the bike instead. :D. Just returned home from a 20 mile round trip in glorious sunshine to get my jab. Still chilly first thing.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Back to quite nippy cold and some wind now -- that may have been summer on Tuesday.