How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Audax67 »

Cowsham wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 3:57pm
Audax67 wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 3:29pm Our weather is doing this:

This is at ~400m. Roads up here a bit dodgy, still OK lower down. Probably not tonight, though.
I see foot prints but no cycle track ?? Looks cold where you are.
It was about 1°C. I wasn't on the bike, I was driving round one of my usual circuits so that my wife could see some of my favourite places.

Warm now: >7°C.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Electric conversion for Barbarella would be good, but she'd need another conversion too. One with a roof on!
Can you fit a roof to a non-recumbent bike?

As it happens, she drove the car, but used it to visit the Co-op for stuff, as well as get cash (beer tokens) from the hole in the wall.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Mick F wrote: 1 Dec 2021, 2:01pm Electric conversion for Barbarella would be good, but she'd need another conversion too. One with a roof on!
Can you fit a roof to a non-recumbent bike?
Like this maybe. I'm sure you have one lurking there. :lol:
88c234b0b08e982ec65a69515e292766b7-27-fall-biking-lede.2x.rsquare.w536.jpg
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Useless today, you'd be blown over or lose your brolly! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Calm and dry today -- can't remember the last time it was like that cos it seems to have rained from September on.
I am here. Where are you?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Mick F wrote: 1 Dec 2021, 4:53pm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Useless today, you'd be blown over or lose your brolly! :D
+ 1, yesterday!

Whilst the storm and gales are apparently over, headed harm a few hours early due to concern that the buses might be cancelled due to gale force winds. It was great, seems the schools appeared to have closed early, so not a single school kid on the 30 mile journey :D (Nb. >20's being lethal in the Covid era, being the primary disease carriers in the region)

And just noticed another household roof has gone. That's a nuisance, the property directly behind mine (Nb. At least yesterdays was next to a property I used to live in). Only had a few small bits of sandstone come off the eaves, so not too bad (Nb. Though noticed the main road into town is now shut, Sundays trees being cleared, and BT having to dig up their posts or something)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Cowsham wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 11:39am Calm and dry today -- can't remember the last time it was like that cos it seems to have rained from September on.
How wrong could I be -- it has lashed since about 4pm I got soaked -- again.

If you said you were a fair weather cyclist in NI you'd be a liar. ( about the cyclist bit)
RickH

Post by RickH »

Cowsham wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 8:28pm
Cowsham wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 11:39am Calm and dry today -- can't remember the last time it was like that cos it seems to have rained from September on.

If you said you were a fair weather cyclist in NI you'd be a liar. ( about the cyclist bit)
According to this BBC News item -

Northern Ireland has warmest but dullest autumn on record

NI only had 87% of its normal rainfall in the last 3 months.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

RickH wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 11:07am
Cowsham wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 8:28pm

According to this BBC News item -

Northern Ireland has warmest but dullest autumn on record

NI only had 87% of its normal rainfall in the last 3 months.
We've had more consistent rain ie it's probably rained every day at some point. If there's been less volume of water that maybe true although last week roads were turned into rivers which is pretty normal for us. In local lingo "NI is a damp hole".
peetee

Post by peetee »

I wish it would rain here more often. It’s not that it’s too dry, no. Instead of being subjected to a normal off-season of intermittent rain, sleet or snow showers interspersed by grey skies we are subjected to 8 months of continuous drizzle. I am seriously considering buying a tumble dryer as I seem to require the heating on to dry clothes more often than I need it on to warm the occupants.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Gale force winds with Bannister rain ( sideways version of stair rod rain ) spotted one trampoline at the side of the road on the way to work this morning. Had to lift some branches off the road too. Heavy hail now beating against the workshop windows.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Howled and rained all day long and bitterly cold.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Our weather is conspiring to block any and all interesting and transitory astronomical phenomena, e.g. Comet Leonard before sunrise tomorrow. However, I'm enjoining my ever-loving to make me a pastry hat so that I may conveniently eat it tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just put a croissant on my head.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Given up on the BBC weather App. Windspeeds are rubbish. 30mph wind outside BBC says its 6! Over to the Norwegian App which gives correct info.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
rjb

Post by rjb »

I've come to that conclusion too about the BBC weather app. On the strength of yesterday's forecast about sunshine and breezy winds with no rain Swmbo put the washing machine on for 2 full washes only to find the frequent heavy showers started as soon as the washing cycle finished. She was not impressed is an understatement. :(
BTW whats the Norwegian app. :?
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D