How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
CliveyT

Re: How's your weather?

Post by CliveyT »

Bright sunshine here at the moment, rain approaching and due to hit just when I'll be heading home.
Mrs T currently has a job doing plant surveys for the RSPB, in the coldest May this century according to the Camb University weather station. That'll teach here for getting a proper job
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Was a nice day and got grass cut but been raining for the last hour.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Cold again 8 degrees :(
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

More rain coming in. :cry:
Looks like me and the dog are going to get wet during our afternoon walkies.
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 10.43.38.png
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

That's a nice forecast map :( What app are you using. It's a better display than the one I'm using.
Hope you get your warm towel, rub down and beer later today. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Hissing down; no varnishing today.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

rjb wrote: 25 May 2021, 11:44am That's a nice forecast map :( What app are you using. It's a better display than the one I'm using.
Hope you get your warm towel, rub down and beer later today. :shock:
Rain Today dot co dot uk

http://www.raintoday.co.uk

There's a message on there that it's going to get "discontinued" but it has been working for years.
It's my first go-to forecast, as living down here, the weather systems come in from "down west".
Generally a couple of hours from Scilly and Penzance to here.

Only got a little damp late on in the walk, so no rub down required, but I got a beer and doggie got a bikkie. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Got in a woods walk last night, slippery but clear sky till dark.
I thought I was doing ok but some 4 minutes slower than normal :?
Rain today is going to be worse than yesterday.
Two boxes have hogs in and they are sleeping, I know that be cause they did not move and I can see their faces.
Probably more in the other boxes.

Its the tread mill or turbo tonight.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
peetee

Post by peetee »

I spent a couple of hours in the garden this morning then was beaten back indoors by the rain. We must have had a good inch of it today. I’ve just looked at the forecast and can barely believe what I see. I’m trying not to believe it’s prediction that it’s not going to be either cold, wet or windy for the next few days. We haven’t had a single day this year that didn’t feature at least two of those three.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Thick mist at 6am this morning here in Somerset on the fringe of the Blackdown Hills

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

Thin high cloud but also plenty of blue sky and calm in North Wales. Planted out my bought-in tomato plants yesterday after my home grown ones failed miserably in the cool, windy wet weather.
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Started off sunny at stupid-o-clock but has degenerated to the usual clag. Just been out for a wander around the estate and it is spitting with rain......again.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Thick fog early this morning (6am) -- had to use the footpath 15 miles all the way to work. Soaked too.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Yesterday morning was meant to be the best this week for us in South Devon.
I plan to go out for a ride in the evening.
Thought I'd have a quick look at my bike and the gear selection on the rear was getting very poor, after fiddling with the cable for about five or 10 minutes it was all a bit vague, decided it was the non comparable chain which in now +1%.
But no the cable just snapped.
So another cable and I decided to swap the chain as well, I've now run out of all recycled chains apart from a couple that are well and truly seized.
So took one off an old project which never got off the ground.
Shortened it checked it over put on and everything worked just dandy.
Went out for a ride everything going just fine even felt pretty good better than usual I thought yeah it's going just great.
Gear selection got a bit vague again started making lots of noises I thought about stopping 5 yards on the track going uphill.
Chain now on floor, Her indoors has got uses sometimes.
If I done nothing the chain would've held up but I would've had to come home in the top gear.
But five minutes after I stopped I was starting to go cold, just been watching the big red orange moon and it really was orange and red, but that didn't last long as it went back to being normal and bright white within about 10 minutes.
Today has been like a summers day at Last, No bad weather forecast for well over a week.

P.S.the side light is gone in the car, last time I had a go about replacing the bulb ended up with a great big scratches all up my arm.
This time should've been really easy but no.
But no I decided to take the headlamp off.
ended up dropping a bolt into the sump pan, took two bolts of the headlamp and it seemed a bit loose so I thought it would come off easy move the wing out the way plastic try not to break that but no a couple of brackets broke on the headlamp.
So that went down really well, they might have been already busted from previous bump by someone driving into us.
So all in all everything is going just fine.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

A warm sunny day at last, long time since I rode in short sleeves and no overshoes :D