Trump Thump?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
sukuinage

Re: Trump Thump?

Post by sukuinage »

Carlton green wrote:
sukuinage wrote:An impeachment only says that charges can be brought in the Senate. There is nothing proven against Trump, no trial has been brought and no court has convicted him. Sadly there seem to be a number of people who think that their dislike of someone should allow them to remove all due process and go back to the standard of evidence required during the Salem witch hunt.
I very much doubt that this will ever be handed over to the Senate as the Democrats are too scared that a trial will bring out all sorts of information about Joe and Hunter Biden's dealings, inter alia, in the Ukraine and elsewhere.
I would love to see all the information being brought out in court but I doubt that it will ever happen; it's purely mud slinging from the Democrats who should be spending their time finding a credible alternative prior to the next election.

A few days ago I was chatting to an American friend about this situation. He’s a swing voter who once supported Trump (can’t think why beyond being fed up with the Liberal Elite) and now doesn’t like him. His view is that the Republicans will stand behind Trump regardless and that consequently the Democrats are wasting time and resources by pursuing Trump. He feels that the Republicans need to identify - and focus their efforts on - candidates and policies that the American people will vote on mass for, and that the recent U.K. election results point out what failure to do that will achieve.

Did you mean Democrat there?
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Trump looks impervious and the GOP supports him regardless. Look what we have ahead of us over here.

Never again can we smugly look down on what our American cousins did.

I guess democracy sucks huh? Once again the echo chambers in here do not accurately reflect the pulse of reality. The left is doomed never to learn and to look smugly down on anything that defies it's' narrative.

I guess democracy sucks huh? Once again the echo chambers in here do not accurately reflect the pulse of reality. The right is doomed never to learn and to look smugly down on anything that contradicts or deconstructs it's dimishing and utterly implausible narrative.

There you go. Fixed that for you.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:I have no idea what either FTFY or POP means.

It might be an outcome of a democratic system of sorts but that doesn't make the result welcome.

Hitler's advance was also a product of a democratic system. i suspect even windy would not have been sanguine, far less crowing, about that.

I see that the leading Christian Evangelical Magazine, Christianity Today, has even come out saying that Trump must go.

Trump is a lot of things including rude and loud but he is not a Nazi, anyone who says he is playing cheap politics with the word and insulting the victims of Nazism. Hitler's advance was the product of conivings and threats resulting in democratic failure, the Nazi party although the largest never had a majority in the Reichstag. That evangelical Christians in America are speaking out against Trump is an endorsement towards him. The fanatical Christian right wing are actually as great a threat to world stability as radical Islam.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Polisman wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Trump looks impervious and the GOP supports him regardless. Look what we have ahead of us over here.

Never again can we smugly look down on what our American cousins did.

I guess democracy sucks huh? Once again the echo chambers in here do not accurately reflect the pulse of reality. The left is doomed never to learn and to look smugly down on anything that defies it's' narrative.

I guess democracy sucks huh? Once again the echo chambers in here do not accurately reflect the pulse of reality. The right is doomed never to learn and to look smugly down on anything that contradicts or deconstructs it's dimishing and utterly implausible narrative.

By all means twist my words if you can't be bothered to find the ones that you wish to use yourself :roll:
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

windmiller wrote:
Polisman wrote:
windmiller wrote:

By all means twist my words if you can't be bothered to find the ones that you wish to use yourself :roll:

I'm merely throwing your own nonsense back at you, in a more truthful form. Every argument has two sides to it. A regular contributor to this thread knows already there are no 'winners', only points of view.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Polisman wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Polisman wrote:

I'm merely throwing your own nonsense back at you, in a more truthful form. Every argument has two sides to it. A regular contributor to this thread knows already there are no 'winners', only points of view.

Well it is a nonsense to suggest that there are no winners when your horse clearly fell at the 1st. Next time I would back a horse that has 4 legs and a Jockey with common sense.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:

It might be an outcome of a democratic system of sorts but that doesn't make the result welcome.

Hitler's advance was also a product of a democratic system. i suspect even windy would not have been sanguine, far less crowing, about that.

I see that the leading Christian Evangelical Magazine, Christianity Today, has even come out saying that Trump must go.

Trump is a lot of things including rude and loud but he is not a Nazi, anyone who says he is playing cheap politics with the word and insulting the victims of Nazism. Hitler's advance was the product of conivings and threats resulting in democratic failure, the Nazi party although the largest never had a majority in the Reichstag. That evangelical Christians in America are speaking out against Trump is an endorsement towards him. The fanatical Christian right wing are actually as great a threat to world stability as radical Islam.

Did I call Trump a nazi (although his rallies remind me of Nüremburg)? And have I ever said a word in support of the Christian right?
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 20 Dec 2019, 5:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

windmiller wrote:
Polisman wrote:
windmiller wrote:

Well it is a nonsense to suggest that there are no winners when your horse clearly fell at the 1st. Next time I would back a horse that has 4 legs and a Jockey with common sense.

There are no 'winners' in these threads. If you want to test the ascertion, try me...
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:

Did I call Trump a nazi? And have I ever said a word in support of the Christian right?

You made the connection between Hitler, democacy and Trump, while you did not directly call him a Nazi I saw this as alluding to it. Then you went on to illustrate evangelical christians as a club to bash Donald's head with, my point being that those jokers are far more right wing than Trump.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:

Did I call Trump a nazi? And have I ever said a word in support of the Christian right?

You made the connection between Hitler, democacy and Trump, while you did not directly call him a Nazi I saw this as alluding to it. Then you went on to illustrate evangelical christians as a club to bash Donald's head with, my point being that those jokers are far more right wing than Trump.

Your rather presumptuous interpretation, i fear.
John
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Polisman wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Polisman wrote:

There are no 'winners' in these threads. If you want to test the ascertion, try me...

Oh my mistake I thought you meant the real world outside this thread. Yes I agree there are no winners in echo chambers
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

windmiller wrote:Oh my mistake I thought you meant the real world outside this thread. Yes I agree there are no winners in echo chambers

I don't think you can reasonably call this forum an echo chamber. It is self-evidently not. You are saying it is and I disagree.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Windy wins with his every post! After all, he is the judge, jury and prize-giver.

I don't know what his prize is; or what the competition consists in. But Windy does and that's all that matters!

Is solipsism still a philosophical position or has someone now included it in that Yank Katalogue of mad-modes? Either way, Windy seems to have it.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

Your rather presumptuous interpretation, i fear.

You said his rallies remind you of Nuremberg, short of black boot polishing his hair, sticking on a Charlie Chaplin moustache and throwing in some jackboots - my interpretation was spot on.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Cugel wrote:Windy wins with his every post! After all, he is the judge, jury and prize-giver.

I don't know what his prize is; or what the competition consists in. But Windy does and that's all that matters!

Is solipsism still a philosophical position or has someone now included it in that Yank Katalogue of mad-modes? Either way, Windy seems to have it.

Cugel

As usual I have little idea what Cugel means, best guess is that it's some kind of invocation and not too complimentary. However just for a change he appears to be very satisfied with his effort.
Last edited by windmiller on 20 Dec 2019, 11:41pm, edited 2 times in total.