What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Cowsham »

Probably not funny for the mountain bikers in the competition but

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of- ... vandalism/
I am here. Where are you?
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Cowsham wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 9:05am
colin54 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 8:20am These goats, their owner has an artificial climb for them to use, I see sheep doing the same thing if there's a mound in a field, I think they are keeping a look-out as they were 'prey animal' in the wild.
P1140312.JPG
Not so funny when they break out and the next place you see them is on top of your freshly resprayed vintage car! Grrrr!
I can see how that would get your goat.
Nu-Fogey
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

A new slogan to combat the problem of empty supermarket shelves:

“Eat nowt to help out.”
John
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

colin54 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 8:20am These goats, their owner has an artificial climb for them to use, I see sheep doing the same thing if there's a mound in a field, I think they are keeping a look-out as they were 'prey animal' in the wild.
P1140312.JPG
Not so funny when they break out and the next place you see them is on top of your freshly resprayed vintage car! Grrrr!
You're going to have to tell us the story behind that - did it actually happen?!

I've done some spectacularly stupid things in my life. Like, when I was about twenty, one of my pals at work had a Honda 500 motorbike and his pal's dad resprayed the tank. He brought it to work next day, we were all admiring the lovely new paint job and I asked - just out of curiosity, like - "Has the paint fully hardened?" Before he could answer I pressed a thumbnail into the paintwork just to check...

It hadn't. :oops:

If I had my time over again that's one of the numerous things I'd fix, but we can't, can we? :(
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mercian died today, and turned up at the pearly gates.
St Peter was nowhere to be seen.
IMG_0680.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS:

It was here.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.36007 ... 312!8i6656

Very odd place.
Big unused gates, going nowhere really, but into grassy fields. Big house way away across the fields, but the gates hadn't been used in years.
Mick F. Cornwall
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

kylecycler wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 4:11pm
P1140312.JPG
You're going to have to tell us the story behind that - did it actually happen?!
It certainly did but a long time ago when I was about 19. My mother kept goats to have milk which was supposed to be good for my asthma. ( it's not ) There was a few nannies had given birth to several kids that year and they were about four or five months old by then.

When I was 16 I bought a Morris minor 1000 ( vintage by that stage ) cos I hadn't much money and was cheap due to it needing a bit of restoration and I thought it would be good to learn welding skills on.

My good friend Dave who taught me how to respray my bicycle also taught me about spraying and welding cars. He's my local equivalent to Brucey but in almost every subject except music. Everyone needs a friend like Dave.

As soon as I was 17 I passed my test and used the minor to travel to college and back. Within the first year I crashed it due to black ice and inexperience.

I took a few months to fix everything and change the engine which was getting a bit rattly. A respray again was done in the wee makeshift garage I'd built.

I had just finished, the paint was hard and polished shiny shiny. I reversed the car out and went into the house to tell everyone about my latest achievement.

When I got back out with everyone I was greeted by the clanking sound of 16 little hard hooves bouncing with unnatural vigour all over my pride and joy and then my 2 younger brothers laughter.

Wet and dry time again :x
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

When you cannot decide:
34FF39F8-EC82-4E09-8E66-B2F73B7730FC.jpeg
John
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Chatting in the pub yesterday afternoon.
Chap we know was complaining about the Emmets walking the lanes and not knowing to keep on the outside of the bends. Nearly a nasty accident.

(Emmet is a tourist to Cornwall, similar to Grockle in Devon. Emmet means ant in Cornish because they swarm all over the place.)

Any road up, chap said that he heard a new word for tourists the other day.
Hemmy.

They come out, get red, and then go back in again ......................................... haemorrhoids! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Wondered why my Fifteens have survived the kids over the last week as I have enjoyed one a day with my tea.

Then it dawned on me they have a covering of desiccated "COCONUT" the kids kryptonite!
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Mick F wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 9:14pm Grandson (11yo) at school, and they were studying 20th century pop music.
His mum asked it about it, and he told her about The Spice Girls.

Sporty
Posh
Scary
Spooky

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reminds me of a conversation with a pupil when I was a driving instructor, a pawky wee character from Drongan (pronounced Drungun), a village in Ershur (Ayrshire). It was around the time the racing driver Jenson Button was just starting out in F1 with Williams; he'd been interviewed and it just happened to crop up in the interview that he couldn't name The Beatles. Some found that sad, and slightly shocking, but he was only in his early twenties, you tend to forget how long ago The Beatles were together, and when you think about it you fairly seldom hear their music nowadays, even though I'm sure most of us are hugely familiar with it - and their names!

So just out of curiosity, I asked the wee fellow if he could name The Beatles, and he thought for a bit then replied, "Dae ah ken The Beatles? Aw aye, aye, ah ken The Beatles, aye... Wan o' rum's cried Paul, an' 'e yissed tae be mairiet tae a Welsh burd wi' wan an' a hawf legs... Twae o' rum's deid... An' ah hink th'ither yin yissed tae be Thomas the Tank Engine." :)

Fame is but the blink of an eye.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Wonderful! :lol: :lol:
Love the way you've written the accent too.

Lived in Scotland 1974 to 1980, then 1982 to 1983, then 1991 to 1993.
Rather familiar with the accent. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Priceless!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Quite incredible yesterday. I've zero interest either in dancing or michael jacksons music. But........

After an afternoon visiting a famous historic university/cathedral "city", on walking across the cobbled market square came across the most incredible street performer I've ever seen. Impossible to know whether he/she was of either gender, but done up as michael jackson, and the fast paced michael jackson dancing was quite an incredible performance. Technically, it was quite stunning!

Within minutes there were 40-50 people crowding around, en masse cheers and clapping from a sensible, middle aged or past it "gentry" crowd; have to admit probably the only occasion I've ever felt a donation to a street performer was without doubt, impossible to avoid giving :wink:
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

A guy claiming jumbo jets can reach speeds of 1,000 MPH when they obviously can't.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.