What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
cycleruk

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by cycleruk »

colin54 wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 8:36pm
cycleruk wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 7:35pm log cabin.jpg
I've studied the photo closely, but I don't see the allen key, are you sure it's from Ikea ?
Not found it yet but at worst I can use my cycle multi tool. :wink:
As it is I'm still reading the instructions. The instruction sheet is double sided. :shock:
:D
You'll never know if you don't try it.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Two metres seems to be a bit of a long shot
pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 915 times
The software has rotated the pic, it wasn't my head spinning
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Keeping the Citroen vibe alive. I had a ride to the end of Southport Pier in the sunshine today, and saw what I thought was
an old Citroen H ice-cream van. Looking closer it turned out to be a fibreglass body masquerading as one, clue, no doors-no front wheels, a Citreonon - rouler in fact.
P1150744.JPG
Nu-Fogey
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Hmm....having had to take an extra 1.5 Hr bus journey back home, heart sank on finding the upper deck crowded with teenagers. All presumably from the less salubrious decaying pit village corner of the county :(

I descended to the lower deck, to find the first hour of the journey accompanied by teenage choral sing-alongs of "Dancing Queen" and the like! Don't know why it was all 60/70's stuff, but quite enjoyable :wink:
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

My mother in law's dentist is a Mr Fang.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

thirdcrank wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 3:08pm Two metres seems to be a bit of a long shot

pic2.jpg

The software has rotated the pic, it wasn't my head spinning
Here you are TC:
urinal.jpg
urinal.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 862 times
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks'

I can rotate pictures. In the last couple of days I've posted two pics, both taken on my phone and upright (both me and the images.)

In the first case - Citreon (sic) Berlingo - I checked my post before submission and the image had been mysteriously rotated so I started again, derotating (?) the image if you see what I mean, but when I posted afresh, the image was still rotated. So I left it. With this latest image I just left it.

FWIW, on Thursday I posted a pic taken with my camera - all the right way up.

I see several other posters have recently had rotated images. As Toyah Wilcox might have sung ......It's a mystery to me.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

thirdcrank wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 9:46pm ......It's a mystery to me.
It's caused by inconsistent usage of the EXIF tags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 41&t=75466

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks for that. From the link
The specification uses the following existing file formats with the addition of specific metadata tags: JPEG discrete cosine transform (DCT)[3] for compressed image files, TIFF Rev. 6.0 (RGB or YCbCr) for uncompressed image files, and RIFF WAV for audio files (Linear PCM or ITU-T G.711 μ-Law PCM for uncompressed audio data, and IMA-ADPCM for compressed audio data).
I'd be risking The King's New Clothes if I didn't admit it's still a mystery to me. Few phone pics is the quick fix.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

thirdcrank wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 10:07pm Thanks for that. From the link
The specification uses the following existing file formats with the addition of specific metadata tags: JPEG discrete cosine transform (DCT)[3] for compressed image files, TIFF Rev. 6.0 (RGB or YCbCr) for uncompressed image files, and RIFF WAV for audio files (Linear PCM or ITU-T G.711 μ-Law PCM for uncompressed audio data, and IMA-ADPCM for compressed audio data).
I'd be risking The King's New Clothes if I didn't admit it's still a mystery to me. Few phone pics is the quick fix.
Users have two main options for bypassing the problem:

1 Find a workflow that doesn't cause rotation and rigidly stick to it.

2 Upload the photo and then rotate/upload or download/rotate/upload it if needed until it's right.

Jonathan
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

thirdcrank wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 5:39pm I've just seen this (the vehicle was right way up)
pic.jpg
I've seen two Rover Range Evoques.
Both had the badges reversed on the rear.I did wonder if it was deliberate?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Nowadays, these decals (?) are much easier to remove/apply than was once the case. Perhaps somebody thought they were correcting a typo.

Down memory lane, I have a vague recollection of a Ford Saloon being nicked in Leeds (late 1960s) and a distinguishing feature was that the blue oval Ford decal on one of the front wings had been fitted upside down. I can't remember much about it but after it had been outstanding months, I spotted the car (not the decal) where it had been parked unobtrusively in a side street but not where it would annoy any residents. So, covered in a film of muck and I suspect the tax disc would have expired which was probably what caught my eye.

It didn't make me laugh then nor has it today
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

All I did was copy the image, paste it into PaintShopPro (which I use in preference to Photoshop), rotate, save as a new .JPG image, then upload it. I think that gets rid of any tag conflicts. If you haven't got PSP or Photoshop, you can do the same with MS Paint which comes free with Windows.

I don't know what the options are for other OS's e.g. Android.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thanks.

(There was a time when reducing the size of a file was the big issue when attaching pics. Thanks to the the wonders of science - and probably some extra work from Fonant - it now does it all by itself. I'll restrict myself to the occasional subject worth digging out a camera.)
=======================================================

Not so much laugh but wince

I've just seen a new tranny van, professionally liveried belonging to a garden design company with a list of their wares/ services on all three sides including
Light's
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 8:35pm Hmm....having had to take an extra 1.5 Hr bus journey back home, heart sank on finding the upper deck crowded with teenagers. All presumably from the less salubrious decaying pit village corner of the county :(

I descended to the lower deck, to find the first hour of the journey accompanied by teenage choral sing-alongs of "Dancing Queen" and the like! Don't know why it was all 60/70's stuff, but quite enjoyable :wink:
Were you in full Lycra gear?
I am here. Where are you?