What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
fausto copy

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by fausto copy »

I've been working class all my life and my collars have always been black. :roll:
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

mattheus wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 9:13am
Hellhound wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 10:52pm Walked past a Conservative Working Mens Club in a small Gloucestershire town :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservative..
Working Mens Club....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was tempted to call in for a pint and debate the obvious error in the name of the establishment but I was in a good mood so didn't want to spoil it :D
Plenty of "working men" (or Lower Class, or whatever ...) vote Conservative. I believe in the North of England there has a been a big swing from Labout to Con in that demographic since B**xit.
So we're lead to believe.I don't know any though!
fausto copy wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 9:29am I've been working class all my life and my collars have always been black. :roll:
+1.
Never did understand 'Blue collar' :roll:
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

53894.jpg
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

I attended a working men's club in my yoof. I didn't have a job and I went with my mother. After a year or so I got a job and stopped going. (We were members of a "country club" that was hosted at the working men's club. Like us, the club was based in a city.)

While we're at it, my degree helped get me my current blue-collar job, where white collars are part of the uniform.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Pastychomper wrote: 2 Sep 2021, 9:56am I attended a working men's club in my yoof. I didn't have a job and I went with my mother. After a year or so I got a job and stopped going. (We were members of a "country club" that was hosted at the working men's club. Like us, the club was based in a city.)

While we're at it, my degree helped get me my current blue-collar job, where white collars are part of the uniform.
:lol:

Shall we talk about "public" schools next?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

There's often humour in another's misfortune.

This didn't make me laugh but my newsagent's roof is being retiled. As I was collecting my paper this morning, one of the more senior roofers arrived and explained his late arrival and limp by having fallen down the stairs at home. Widespread mirth among his colleagues.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

thirdcrank wrote: 3 Sep 2021, 10:12am There's often humour in another's misfortune.

This didn't make me laugh but my newsagent's roof is being retiled. As I was collecting my paper this morning, one of the more senior roofers arrived and explained his late arrival and limp by having fallen down the stairs at home. Widespread mirth among his colleagues.
They should send him home with a ladder and a bit of scaffolding, it might be safer for him.
Nu-Fogey
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Watching my 14 year old son(5'5") trying to get into the back of my wife's Vauxhall Adam :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why they put back seats in these little rollerskates is beyond me!
Jules59

Post by Jules59 »

Sent from friend who lives near Aberdeen
3c41dd42-044e-4d64-881a-afcd3797728d.jpg
Personally, I was hoping for something more up-market. And also not a virgin in sight.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Jules59 wrote: 3 Sep 2021, 3:30pm Sent from friend who lives near Aberdeen

Personally, I was hoping for something more up-market. And also not a virgin in sight.
That's some metaphor, that.
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

I drove my wife's car to a local petrol station this morning to check the air pressure in her tyres.
The machine had a sticker which read 'Please do not insert into your rectum' :lol:

Is that even a thing now :shock: :shock:
peetee

Post by peetee »

Had to giggle at this sign
E48516A0-DBEA-4EE5-B79F-F73718DF9371.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hellhound wrote: 4 Sep 2021, 10:48am I drove my wife's car to a local petrol station this morning to check the air pressure in her tyres.
The machine had a sticker which read 'Please do not insert into your rectum' :lol:

Is that even a thing now :shock: :shock:
What rectums?
I think everyone's got one or they'de be full of sh...... .....wait a minute,I wonder if there's shortage of them in the Tory Party :shock: :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

peetee wrote: 4 Sep 2021, 12:26pm Had to giggle at this sign
E48516A0-DBEA-4EE5-B79F-F73718DF9371.jpeg
I wonder what it looked like before! :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol:

Said this before ........... tourists (emmets) go to the beaches and the sea-side.
They don't go to Cornwall internally other than passing through on the A39, A38, and A30.
Mick F. Cornwall