What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
colin54

What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by colin54 »

I was outside the local Asda today and noticed this funky looking ambulance service vehicle.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136359789 ... 055953128/
I heard a voice behind me exclaim to his partner with no apparent sense of irony,
'' look at that ambulance, tha's sick tha' '' (Skem/Scouse accent ). It made me laugh anyway.
It could be called a case of unconscious humour I suppose (just to over egg things).
Any more contributions..?
Edited, for spelling and punctuation, just like school, must try harder.
Last edited by colin54 on 20 Dec 2019, 6:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nu-Fogey
reohn2

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by reohn2 »

Plus it's got a built in defibrillator :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
peetee

Post by peetee »

Seeing the chaos in the local Tesco car park and the amount of people returning to their cars with one or two bags of shopping. Lots of people looking stressed and angry where peace and courtesy and a healthy walk would be a viable option. "It's the same every year" I thought as I walked away into relative tranquility and, for the first time in ages, the sun on my face, a great view over the hills of distant Penwith and dreams of riding out there in the new year.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Installing drivers and an application on my laptop when the usual installation progress bar arrives I notice it's captions changing

-- installing driver
Please wait
-- installing driver
This may take up to 5 minuits
-- installing driver
And how was your day?
-- installing driver
I suppose it was OK till this endless installation started.
I am here. Where are you?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Boris's latest act. Well, if you don't laugh, you'll cry.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

mjr wrote:Boris's latest act. Well, if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

On a similar note all the "I stand with Boris" idiots on Facebook who only voted Tory to "get Brexit done" complaining that "I didn't vote for this" now Boris has started :roll:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Ed Miliband to join review of Labour's election failure

as if he has anything to contribute? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50888060

All these has beens coming out from the woodwork. We have already heard from Blair who birthed UKIP that lead finally to Brexit, with his allowing thousands on thousands of eastern europeans to come into the country un checked when the rest of europe imposed limits. That these people think they have any right to pontificate amazes me
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

mercalia wrote:Ed Miliband to join review of Labour's election failure

as if he has anything to contribute? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50888060

All these has beens coming out from the woodwork. We have already heard from Blair who birthed UKIP that lead finally to Brexit, with his allowing thousands on thousands of eastern europeans to come into the country un checked when the rest of europe imposed limits. That these people think they have any right to pontificate amazes me

:lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Ordered a personal number plate for an Xmas present -- the woman on the phone said would you like a border around the edge. I said I don't think we're allowed borders in northern Ireland. Which is probably true in both senses -- our mot is very strict -- you don't go to your local garage to get it done -- there's no such thing as an advisory -- if you get one you've failed.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

R4 Today programme this morning. Maybe around 7am.
I was only half attending the radio and they were discussing with some American sounding lady about something to do with aircraft and an accident (perhaps?).

She was asked about pilot training, and she replied, "Pilot training is very much up in the air at the moment."

I laughed my socks off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Oldjohnw suggesting that Brussels Sprouts will now be renamed.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

I noticed this charming article about two long term friends exchanging the same Christmas Card over five decades - men too, which (as men typically don’t do friendship well) I think particularly good. Green, or just jovially tight, and what a wonderful thing longterm friendship is. I laughed and I smiled. Seasons greetings to all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... r-50-years
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

I had a chuckle at a Guardian article today which suggests that the Tory proposal to end criminal prosecution of people who don't pay for the BBC is a sign of the new government's authoritarianism.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... horitarian
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

carpetcleaner wrote:I had a chuckle at a Guardian article today which suggests that the Tory proposal to end criminal prosecution of people who don't pay for the BBC is a sign of the new government's authoritarianism.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... horitarian

A different article? The BBC is only mentioned in passing.
Jellykiss

Post by Jellykiss »

znqgj8c03v341.jpg