What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
colin54

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by colin54 »

I
Cowsham wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 10:32am
Were you in full Lycra gear?
That reminds me, I watched Gogglebox on the TV last Friday evening and one of the couples who make up the previous
week's ' Great telly. ' critics, were having a conversation where the camera is showing the er...'traditionally built' husband dressed in racing shorts and top about to go out on a ride, his recumbent wife from the couch said you're not going out in those, the neighbours will have a field day. Go and put some proper shorts on !'.
I always get a laugh aloud moment at some point in the show, though having watched it for a few years, it appears to have become more contrived. Dave one of the show's family's Rottweilers is the star to me, if any animal documentaries are being shown it goes nuts in real time. Very funny.
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

I think the funniest bit is the positions the dog can achieve without falling off his lap.
I am here. Where are you?
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Gogglebox:-
Watching people on TV watching people on TV.

Seems ridiculous doesn't it yet it is highly entertaining :lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Sex ban for Kush the red panda

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of- ... red-panda/

The measure has been taken ahead of the breeding season, after last year's failed attempt to apply contraceptive measures to his partner, Sara.

:lol:
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

gbnz wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 8:35pm Hmm....having had to take an extra 1.5 Hr bus journey back home, heart sank on finding the upper deck crowded with teenagers. All presumably from the less salubrious decaying pit village corner of the county :(

I descended to the lower deck, to find the first hour of the journey accompanied by teenage choral sing-alongs of "Dancing Queen" and the like! Don't know why it was all 60/70's stuff, but quite enjoyable :wink:
No. Though I suppose it could have been the children/grand children of former coal miners coming out :wink:. Didn't look to see if they were in lycra. It was just a rather good choral performance from the upper deck, for a full 30-40 minutes :)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 8:48pm
gbnz wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 8:35pm Hmm....having had to take an extra 1.5 Hr bus journey back home, heart sank on finding the upper deck crowded with teenagers. All presumably from the less salubrious decaying pit village corner of the county :(

I descended to the lower deck, to find the first hour of the journey accompanied by teenage choral sing-alongs of "Dancing Queen" and the like! Don't know why it was all 60/70's stuff, but quite enjoyable :wink:
No. Though I suppose it could have been the children/grand children of former coal miners coming out :wink:. Didn't look to see if they were in lycra. It was just a rather good choral performance from the upper deck, for a full 30-40 minutes :)
Just thought they'd seen you and ...

reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

gbnz wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 8:48pm

Teenagers need a bit of fun considering the crap we've left them,not to mention some of the music :? :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I smiled at a line in an advert for a company which repairs cosmetic damage to cars.
"That bollard came out of nowhere."
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Mike Sales wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 8:55am I smiled at a line in an advert for a company which repairs cosmetic damage to cars.
Maybe it did just that.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mike Sales wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 8:55am I smiled at a line in an advert for a company which repairs cosmetic damage to cars.
Reminds me of an incident that happened to my workmate.

One morning he didn't turn up for work -- turned out while driving into work he'd hit a cow that broke out of a field in front of him. Wrote the car off, he was unhurt.

When he was explaining all this the next day he said " it just charged out like a bull " .

He never lived it down.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Cowsham wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 1:36pm

One morning he didn't turn up for work -- turned out while driving into work he'd hit a cow that broke out of a field in front of him. Wrote the car off, he was unhurt.

When he was explaining all this the next day he said " it just charged out like a bull " .

He never lived it down.
What happened to the cow?- and did he have any compassion for it?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

JohnW wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 1:52pm
Cowsham wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 1:36pm

He never lived it down.
What happened to the cow?- and did he have any compassion for it?
The cow, I believe, just wandered off and went back to munching grass at the side of the road while my mate contacted the police to find out who owned it. The farmers insurance sorted it out after some bother.

Dead straight road too -- just charged out on him "like a bull".

No Dave I thought you said a cow?
Debs

Post by Debs »

Cowsham wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 1:36pm He never lived it down.
A very long time ago a friend of mine, driving his Ford Capri one very dark moonless night, accidentally collided full-on with a fully grown deer stag running across the road.
The animal unfortunately died soon after the hit, and the Capri wasn't let off lightly either.

However the conversation would often go:

You hit a Stag... what a Triumph Stag?

No a deer.

Oh you hit an old dear? poor woman!
sjs

Post by sjs »

My wife said that about a dustbin once, after it removed a wing mirror.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

sjs wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 7:14pm
My wife said that about a dustbin once, after it removed a wing mirror.
My brothers van has just suffered an attack by a gate post.