What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Mick F »

Walking Doggie today up in Blanchedown Woods on the Tamar Trails.
https://www.tamartrails.co.uk
The company doesn't exist any more, but the paths and trails are still there. Miles of them in dense woodland.
The activity centres are still available as is the MTB downhill stuff.

Walked past a big group of school girls, aged 15 or 16 all in shorts and T-shirts, and being organised and chatted to by an instructor. They were assembled near the zip-wires and the tree-surfing area when me and Doggie went past just as they were queuing up for the zip or the surfing .............

Overheard two of them ...........
"Would you like to go between Verity and Susan?"

I thought that idea sounded ok to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

If I may, back to football:

A tweet from Have I Got News for You?
As the government confirms mask guidance is changing from ‘you must’ to ‘you are expected’, people who watched an England fan shove a flare up his buttock wonder if we’re quite ready for that level of responsibility.
Arsenal supporter?

Arsonist?
John
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Today ......... chatting to a father of a 14yo. Know them both very well, and have done for years.

14yo sold his Lego.
14yo is a bright as a button, and the chap coming to buy the Lego was in his late 30's.

Chap asked why 14yo was selling all his wonderful collection of Lego.
14yo replied that he'd grown out of it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Mick F wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 6:36pm Today ......... chatting to a father of a 14yo. Know them both very well, and have done for years.

14yo sold his Lego.
14yo is a bright as a button, and the chap coming to buy the Lego was in his late 30's.

Chap asked why 14yo was selling all his wonderful collection of Lego.
14yo replied that he'd grown out of it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one Mick.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Nice on 14yo! :lol:

Actually, he's 15yo today, I've just been informed.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Reading the BBC News website.
Waitrose van crashes into a house.

Words on the side of the Waitrose van .........

"bringing our store to your door" :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57868417
Mick F. Cornwall
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Just stumbled on this random Twitter thread (as you do sometimes) - the tale of a stray abandoned chick, its mum Harriet the Hen and the selfish Stella with her hooligan brood - quite entertaining. Also learned two new words - 'heffa' - think it's a corruption of heifer, or just cow, in the pejorative sense. Also 'Deebo' - to steal or to 'own' someone...

https://twitter.com/iAmMissKarma/status ... 7664801794

Don't worry, it's a bit of a cliffhanger but it has a happy ending, as far as it goes.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Well, tbh this hasn't made me laugh today - but I'm confident there'll be a chuckle or two waiting for me in the future... !
Last edited by simonineaston on 20 Jul 2021, 1:37pm, edited 2 times in total.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Bad-advice.jpeg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Re. the bus in the house: Years ago I went to creative writing classes (not that I ever did anything with it, although I learned a lot) held by a lady called Anne Scott, whose son Mike wrote the song 'The Whole of the Moon'...

Anne would often illustrate a point by telling a story, or at least she would go off at a tangent but as long as you followed her you got the point. She told us about a time when Mike came home to visit (at the time she lived in a flat opposite Carnegie Library in Ayr) - it was late in the evening when he looked out of the window and said, absolutely deadpan, "There's a bus in the launderette..."

I knew the story - I was a driving instructor so I tended to hear about stuff like that - some eejit had got absolutely blootered, stolen a bus from the bus station, driven it down the Sandgate (the wrong way - it's a one way street), suffered terminal understeer trying to turn the corner after the library and finished up in the launderette.

The point of Anne's story, though, was that Mike didn't say (or even shout), as most would, "Mum, mum, come here and see this - there's a bus just crashed into the launderette!" He just said, "There's a bus in the launderette..." And what she meant was, if you're trying to insert something shocking into a piece of writing, don't make a song and dance about it, just slip it in there - the trick is for the reader to read on for another couple of lines, then go, WHAT?!?! - she said that was far more effective.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

This....

218926825_365725201583822_8291530350517219637_n.jpg
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Grandson (11yo) at school, and they were studying 20th century pop music.
His mum asked it about it, and he told her about The Spice Girls.

Sporty
Posh
Scary
Spooky

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
colin54

Post by colin54 »

These goats, their owner has an artificial climb for them to use, I see sheep doing the same thing if there's a mound in a field, I think they are keeping a look-out as they were 'prey animal' in the wild.
P1140312.JPG
Nu-Fogey
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Mick F wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 9:14pm Grandson (11yo) at school, and they were studying 20th century pop music.
His mum asked it about it, and he told her about The Spice Girls.

Sporty
Posh
Scary
Spooky

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That reminds me of a friend's daughters when they were young and the Mister Men characters were current, they described me as 'Mister Sarky' (there was no Mister Sarky character), it still stings to this day !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Men
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 8:20am These goats, their owner has an artificial climb for them to use, I see sheep doing the same thing if there's a mound in a field, I think they are keeping a look-out as they were 'prey animal' in the wild.
P1140312.JPG
Not so funny when they break out and the next place you see them is on top of your freshly resprayed vintage car! Grrrr!
I am here. Where are you?