What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
cycleruk

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by cycleruk »

mattheus wrote:
cycleruk wrote:Helms topical cartoon.
joke.jpg

Thank-you!

That was the first Helms cartoon to really make me laugh; it's stuck with me ever since, but couldn't find it online (and it's not in the recent compilation book).
Do you know the date of publication?

Hi', sorry I don't know. I found online possibly on Facebook.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

spots.jpg
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Inkedmisbehave_LI.jpg
6.5_lives_left

Post by 6.5_lives_left »

pwa wrote:There was a nice story in the local (S.Wales ) news today about a pony being rescued from a busy road in Cardiff. The pony was on the busy dual carriageway A48. The traffic stopped and some drivers got out and tried to calm the pony. Then a bus driver invited them to put the pony in the bus. He put the disabled ramp down and they led the pony in. There was an amusing photo of the bus with a contented pony inside, on its way to the Park and Ride. The pony is now back where it belongs and the bus has been cleaned.

I used to work with a guy who had a second jobs as a part-time (retained) fireman. He would entertain us with tales of incidents that he got called out to during the night. One of these tales involved some escaped cows. The cows broke through a fence and on to an adjoining property with a swimming pool. The swimming pool was covered with a tarpaulin. The cows walked across the edge of tarpaulin then reached the hidden pool and one or more of the cows fell into the swimming pool. My colleague was called in to rescue the cows.

How to you get several cows out of a swimming pool? Lift them out using straps and a winch? No! You take straw bails from the adjacent farm and build steps to allow the cows to climb out of the pool on their own. (neat solution).

What do distressed cows do when they find themselves in a swimming pool? Let's just say that you wouldn't want to use the pool after the cows had been swimming in it. Our fireman left the pool owner with the task of trying to clean up the pool. The straw bails were the least of pool owner's troubles.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

6.5_lives_left wrote:
I used to work with a guy who had a second jobs as a part-time (retained) fireman. He would entertain us with tales of incidents that he got called out to during the night. One of these tales involved some escaped cows. The cows broke through a fence and on to an adjoining property with a swimming pool. The swimming pool was covered with a tarpaulin. The cows walked across the edge of tarpaulin then reached the hidden pool and one or more of the cows fell into the swimming pool. My colleague was called in to rescue the cows.

How to you get several cows out of a swimming pool? Lift them out using straps and a winch? No! You take straw bails from the adjacent farm and build steps to allow the cows to climb out of the pool on their own. (neat solution).

What do distressed cows do when they find themselves in a swimming pool? Let's just say that you wouldn't want to use the pool after the cows had been swimming in it. Our fireman left the pool owner with the task of trying to clean up the pool. The straw bails were the least of pool owner's troubles.

:lol:
I am here. Where are you?
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

trump.jpg
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

This purple bricks advert

https://youtu.be/FWkKKOKyUkY

Whoops sorry my bad I meant this one

https://youtu.be/vmOC86-PnW4
Last edited by Cowsham on 9 Jan 2021, 4:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

This keg of dog water outside the Red Lion in Newburgh, that's what I call a poor pun !
P1120548.JPG
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote:This keg of dog water outside the Red Lion in Newburgh, that's what I call a poor pun !
P1120548.JPG

What's dog water and why if it's just water is it in a keg?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Googled dog water -- wish I hadn't !
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-55560814

The phrase "Driving for Exercise" in the news report made me laugh especially after seeing who was " Driving for Exercise "
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Cowsham wrote:Googled dog water -- wish I hadn't !

Thanks for the tip, I'll pass on that experience :lol:
Dog water, AKA water for dogs, like four candles, 'andles for forks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNTM9iM1eVw .
Last edited by colin54 on 8 Jan 2021, 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nu-Fogey
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Cowsham wrote:This purple bricks advert

https://youtu.be/FWkKKOKyUkY

Are they sisters ? They look a lot alike.
Edit :-Answering my own question the Purple Bricks woman with Laura Trott is Harrie Hayes, actor in 'Horrible Histories'.
Nu-Fogey
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

This article about no/lo alcohol drinks in the Guardian... not 'cos I think the notion of abstainence risbale - I've given the stuff a swerve since lockdowns. But some of the comments are quite funny.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

My dog running into water in a small pond only to find it's iced over :lol:
I wish I'd had my phone in my hand!