New Royals Going It Alone

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

Re: New Royals Going It Alone

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:
pete75 wrote:Anyhow the Daily Mail don't like what's happening so they must be doing something right. :D

Sarah Vine and Piers Morgan are pretty viciously against them. That is a badge to wear with pride.

Is that the Sarah Vine that tells Michael Gove what to do?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
pete75 wrote:Anyhow the Daily Mail don't like what's happening so they must be doing something right. :D

Sarah Vine and Piers Morgan are pretty viciously against them. That is a badge to wear with pride.

Is that the Sarah Vine that tells Michael Gove what to do?

The one!
John
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, This seems to be raising less laughs than ED V111 did back at the abdication crisis? He was the butt of a number of jokes, of which my favourite was this - "Poor David, went from Admiral of the Fleet to merely Third Mate of a U.S. Tramp"!
So maybe if the withdraw the "Sussex" honour they could replace it with "Duke of Windsor 2" ?????????? :lol: IGICB MM
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

merseymouth wrote:Hi all, This seems to be raising less laughs than ED V111 did back at the abdication crisis? He was the butt of a number of jokes, of which my favourite was this - "Poor David, went from Admiral of the Fleet to merely Third Mate of a U.S. Tramp"!
So maybe if the withdraw the "Sussex" honour they could replace it with "Duke of Windsor 2" ?????????? :lol: IGICB MM

yes they should abdicate from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex thing? I doubt Sussex ever wanted them or could care less? I wonder if Meghan would care? Yanks like titles?
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Strange what marriage does. We heard nothing of any discontent with his role before Harry got wed.
I always thought the two brothers had a rock solid relationship, formed by their mother's sudden death.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

francovendee wrote:Strange what marriage does. We heard nothing of any discontent with his role before Harry got wed.
I always thought the two brothers had a rock solid relationship, formed by their mother's sudden death.

well the yank will get all the blame in the UK press?

or

ouch

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/01/harry-and-meghan-just-cant-handle-criticism/
georgew

Post by georgew »

Thank heavens for a distraction from all this dreary stuff about foodbanks.......I mean it can get really depressing.

This is why we need a Royal family.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

georgew wrote:This is why we need a Royal family.

Can't they all join the ginger runt and bugger off abroad?

Apologies for reopening the thread, but I've actually found myself having to turn Radio 4 off during both the Today & PM program today :( . Radio 4 even found a royal commentator who didn't appear to speak English, I.e. "Ohh, whal the Oyal framy r soo impotent to vat we do as a naton. Turned to Smooth Radio for a break and even they had replaced music with royal framy stuff :roll:

Suppose it could be worse. We could do a swap and crown trump for a year, prior to the elderly biddy coming back to sit on her throne
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

gbnz wrote:
georgew wrote:This is why we need a Royal family.

Can't they all join the ginger runt and bugger off abroad?

Apologies for reopening the thread, but I've actually found myself having to turn Radio 4 off during both the Today & PM program today :( . Radio 4 even found a royal commentator who didn't appear to speak English, I.e. "Ohh, whal the Oyal framy r soo impotent to vat we do as a naton. Turned to Smooth Radio for a break and even they had replaced music with royal framy stuff :roll:

Suppose it could be worse. We could do a swap and crown trump for a year, prior to the elderly biddy coming back to sit on her throne

I think they will set up a company called Renta Royal

or maybe see them begging on the streets of Toronto. Spare $1,000 guv
Last edited by mercalia on 13 Jan 2020, 5:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbs1951

Post by Hobbs1951 »

mercalia wrote:
merseymouth wrote:Hi all, This seems to be raising less laughs than ED V111 did back at the abdication crisis? He was the butt of a number of jokes, of which my favourite was this - "Poor David, went from Admiral of the Fleet to merely Third Mate of a U.S. Tramp"!

yes they should abdicate from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex thing? I doubt Sussex ever wanted them or could care less? I wonder if Meghan would care? Yanks like titles?

Have they even been to Sussex ?

John.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

They will all end up being sponsored.

The Coca Cola Duke of Sussex. The Domino's Duke of Edinburgh etc.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, As Bill Gates is the man with the dosh maybe "Microsoft Sussex.Com" will be the brand of choice :roll: ?
The money that has been spent? Wasted? on the royal sprogs over the years would banish Austerity I'm sure! How many have had helicopter training for free only to duck out before doing their wack' Phil, Charles, Andy, Wills, Harry, no doubt George has had his name put down? Me thinks not.
As for free "Home Improvements"? Nick Knowles must be envious.
One obvious question that I don't think has been asked -"Did the Duke of Windsor get full time protection after his abdication?".
But to be fair all power clubs get a stonking perks package wherever you look, even their graves get protection? Sorry mods :oops: MM
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote:They will all end up being sponsored.

The Coca Cola Duke of Sussex. The Domino's Duke of Edinburgh etc.

Al

I understood that it was Pizza Express which received Royal favour.
John
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The shape of things to come?

Perhaps though newly discovered footage of Prince Harry from July last year, when the pair attended the premiere of the Lion King in Leicester Square, could provide a clue as to how the royals will make a living. The video is alleged to show Prince Harry on the red carpet asking the CEO of Disney, Bob Iger, to consider using Meghan Markle as a voice-over actor in a future Disney movie:

But perhaps more worryingly, Mr S remembers that Harry and Meghan were criticised at the time for choosing to attend the glitzy premiere when they had also been invited to a memorial concert, on the same night, for the Royal Marines killed by the IRA in Deal, Kent – especially as Prince Harry is Captain General of the Royal Marines. A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman confirmed in August last year that Harry had been ‘unable to attend the memorial concert’, but did not explain why he opted to spend his time with Hollywood A-listers and celebrities on the red carpet instead.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/01/did-harry-put-disney-networking-before-the-royal-marines/
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

drossall wrote:It would be sad if our only reaction was about whether this would advance our own political views. Two people at the centre of this appear to be facing struggles. Even those who feel that the Royal Family does not deserve special consideration presumably feel that they deserve the same as everyone else?

Good for you drossall - +1 to that.