New Royals Going It Alone

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

New Royals Going It Alone

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,

https://apple.news/AssxAoQwcTPqUCSyvFxCKdQ
641CAF31-C034-4108-8AB8-5CF362399575.png

Yep, what with her earning capacity and his residue plus kudos why wouldn't they.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mercalia

Re: New Royals Going It Alone

Post by mercalia »

good on them. if only more would do so. Could be the start of the end of the "royal family" ( I hope)
drossall

Post by drossall »

It would be sad if our only reaction was about whether this would advance our own political views. Two people at the centre of this appear to be facing struggles. Even those who feel that the Royal Family does not deserve special consideration presumably feel that they deserve the same as everyone else?
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

So what does this mean? Harry was impressing me with his attempt at an active army career then invictus games, etc. However I am curious what this means.

No royal duties I guess but with that no money surely? That's his job due to birth. I hope his bills are going to be paid for by his dad or gran until he's got another job.

I'm not a royalist but since we have them I expect a working life out of them or they pay their way at no direct cost burden to state coffers. IMHO queen, the old Duke, Charles and princess royal have earnt retirement. Harry and Wills haven't.

I wish them well but it's not a case of working towards financial independence it really should be financial independence straight away. As in as soon as they made that announcement. Can't he go back into the army as a commoner now?
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

While I’m a republican, I wonder if the problems this couple are having are down to Megan suffering from post natal depression. Maybe she needed more support.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Some people close to His Royal Highness are 'incandescent with rage' according to the Manchester Grauniad :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

High time we abolished the monarchy once and for all. Without kings and queens there wouldn't be any of this trouble. How many Press hacks hound the immediate family of the presidents of Ireland, Germany, Italy, etc. etc.? Can't speak for that idiotic guy across the Pond, but then he hardly functions as a Prezzie.....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Have we got time for another cuppa?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I hope the wheels don't come off :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Some people close to His Royal Highness are 'incandescent with rage' according to the Manchester Grauniad :?

… only exceeded by the rage printed in the tabloids. 17 pages in one paper! :lol:

For this alone, I applaud Hazza & Mugun.
pwa

Post by pwa »

What bothers me is the suggestion that they will be jetting across the Atlantic every time they have a ribbon to cut. If they are giving up on the ribbon cutting altogether that may be less of an issue. But if not, how self-indulgent. Living in Canada for the quality of life (nice for some) but commuting to the UK to work. If you were trying your best to create a life that maximises potential for damage to the planet you would split your life between continents. Which is what they are doing. Presumably they think they are worth it. I find that disgusting.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Whippet wrote:While I’m a republican, I wonder if the problems this couple are having are down to Megan suffering from post natal depression. Maybe she needed more support.

Seeds set before pregnancy I believe. So can't place this on the little woman's hormones. I'm sure you weren't being that chauvinistic but I'll point out the pov that any major issue involving a woman gets the hormone tag. Never for men despite us having hormones and variations in them through life.

Before you come back on me I know you didn't actually say hormones and probably didn't mean it that way but often post natal depression is used as code in the same way women get dismissed by "it's the hormones" or "it's the time of the month".

I'm pointing this out because it's not necessarily down to her. PH was majorly affected by Diana's issues with the media and royals. Diana, before her death, was very positive about her projects post royal status. They sound exactly the sort of projects these two want to do. It simply could be prince harry wanting his freedom to do his own thing with his family, immediate family that is.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I don't know much about Canada apart from the fact that we too could have the weather that's snow if it wasn't for the Gulfstream.

I see the Royals are in the press again with Zara receiving a ban for doing 90.

Back to Canada I heard a bit of a story the other day where many people go missing?
All that there is a serial murderer on the loose?

Independence, I will believe it when I see it, in this day and age lesser known people demand vast sums just to appear.
maybe wedding appearances or something.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Seeds set before pregnancy

Isn't that how pregnancy works?

Seriously, though. Young couple want financial independence. Why not let them quietly get on with it?
John
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

did we also pay for that to be refurbished?

well didnt do a good job as you notice the curtains are ragged.