Victoria Derbyshire Show, BBC

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Victoria Derbyshire Show, BBC

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
So the show is now one hour long.
Originally it was for diverse subjects not in mainstream news.
And Monday it is of course hosted by Victoria Derbyshire and the subjects are normally diverse through the whole one hour program.
Despite that it still advertise as mainstream like Swiss Army knife reporting.
But as per usual today is Tuesday and we have Joanna Gosling, who I think normally does most of the work? I might be wrong there.
The introduction says simply we are going over to Victoria Derbyshire with Joanna Gosling.
It's obvious that Victoria does the one-to-one interviews on Monday.
This is an attempt by the BBC to be more in the north with their new "new broadcasting house " costing a mammoth £1 billion.
Just like the HS2 approved today will this really improve northern economy?
I think this Program was always meant to be produced at new broadcasting house.
but if you look at the Internet you will not find a mention under any heading that public of the program being produced at Manchester studios.
We are live At new broadcasting house, is the common heading.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
As I said the program is an hour long that happened couple of weeks back or more, also it's now on BBC2 where it started.
Perhaps showing it on to BBC Two meant it wouldn't automatically be scrapped, maybe they will reinvent the program and put it back on BBC one?
As we know the BBC will not scrap BBC One programs.
Putting on BBC Two means the lights will be turned off later no doubt.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
looks like I got that wrong.
The program is still broadcast on BBC news channel and BBC Two.
I know it was originally on two and then went onto the news channel, maybe it always stayed on two as well.
The BBC news channel supposedly one of the best? Tends to repeat information over and over again like the weather, people use mobile phones nowadays for that sort of thing.
Maybe they decided that slot in the program on the news channel wouldn't make any difference to the quality of viewing.
unfortunately my local BBC news "spotlight "has now taken up repeating old news programs, they will say they are updating the stories.
Also the weather presenter seems to have extra time, early in the program.
They give us a taster of what is coming up in the weather Why don't they just give us the weather?
News on BBCSpotlight Southwest accounts for about just eight minutes of what should be a 30 minute program.
The rest is just simply stories about peoples gardens, a wacky collection of China (Teapots) and the latest award winners you live or have lived in The Southwest But have now emigrated to sunnier climes.
As I said the program is billed as 30 minutes long.
It never makes it to the 30 minutes finishing sometimes five minutes early, The One Show followed straight after and this always starts before the billed time, why don't they simply just change the times?
I'm not sure how other local BBC news programs are set up but it would be interesting to know what the portion of the news is shown?
maybe I should be watching ITV instead :)
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

Ms Derbyshire cannot be too surprised at the cancellation of her show. When it started it was about 2 to 3 hours long, and made the headlines for attracting 39,000 viewers. It has shrunk to one hour and now is to be scrapped. It has concentrated to a large extent on issues dear to the BBC, ones which it is eager to educate us about, not ones which a daytime TV audience are that interested in or want to hear about that much. Now the BBC claims to be strapped for cash it is going to concentrate on spending its money on audience chasing programmes in order to justify its existence and the licence fee, and vanity publishing ventures like Ms Derbyshire's show are bound to suffer.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Some are calling for question time to be scrapped instead of the show.
I think also question time is it all a bit iffy to.
There was that case of one chap appearing on four shows.
surely the BBC vet the audience a little bit better than that but I assuming that they do that for their views.
A fair share would be to draft in a load of people of the street to make up a vast majority of the audience, instead of the usual well rehearsed public speaking types with some sort of political stance.
I find the new presenter of question time a little bit vacant.
According to wiki the show will be scrapped in 2020.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Well the show in name has gone off air.
I'll see now the presenter is on a slot maybe an hour or two long on the main news.
They are rather more animated than they ever used to be, but I still don't think a two hour slot at presenting a day Is that hard is it.
Considering the fact the news will be presented to them on autocue.