Developers- New Housing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
carpetcleaner

Re: Developers- New Housing

Postby carpetcleaner » 12 Feb 2020, 1:51pm

Bonefishblues wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:No it's not, don't be daft, but I'm just trying to put a counterpoint to illustrate that these all-powerful, rapacious developers are capable of being tamed, given the will.

A Parish Council hasn't got the power though, I acknowledge that (as a Parish Councillor)

If the developers are 'rapacious' then why don't other people enter the market and easily undercut them? That'd soon put greedy developers out of business. We are all free to form housing development companies.

Not sure you entirely got my drift :)

I think I did. You described developers as rapacious but you did not explain why they are. They operate under the law and can only build with the permission of public bodies. You might not like what they do, but they are entitled to do it and that does not amount to rapaciousness.

Bonefishblues

Re: Developers- New Housing

Postby Bonefishblues » 12 Feb 2020, 2:03pm

Please read my contributions to the thread and then you'll see my comments in their correct context. You know, selective hyperbole for effect and all that ;)