I dont want a Big Mac

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

I dont want a Big Mac

Post by mercalia »

Britain’s Best Burgers

A lot of people here hate McDs so the Spectator decided to do an article on the best burgers

Though looking at some of the pictures, got me thinking how on earth you get your choppers around that!
or as we all know you take a bite and all the innards will go south ( all over you) or oh all those calories. What is the etiquette for eating them?

https://life.spectator.co.uk/articles/britains-best-burgers/
iandriver

Re: I dont want a Big Mac

Post by iandriver »

mercalia wrote:. What is the etiquette for eating them?

Bin the lettuce. Much more manageable then :wink:
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

mercalia wrote:Britain’s Best Burgers

What is the etiquette for eating them?

A couple of years ago I was in San Francisco and ordered a burger and fries in a restaurant. We were sat at a counter by the kitchen so the cooks and the waiters were moving about close to us the whole time. When my order arrived I attacked the burger with a knife and fork, cutting bite size pieces from it. It wasn't long before one of the waiters stopped as he passed and asked "Are you British?". I said "Yes, how did you know?" He replied "Only the British use a knife and fork to eat a burger".

So the answer to your question is "Pick it up and bite in to it, don't cut it up"
Richard M
Cardiff
peetee

Post by peetee »

To me, warm lettuce has got to be one of the most unappetising ‘conventional’ foods ever.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

What I really wonder about McDonald's is how can they get away with advertising well filled burgers then supply those same burgers without most of the fillings? Isn't there laws against false advertising? Burgers look taller than they're wider even if a big mac. Then you get them and they're as flat as a burger made with just bun, thin burger and very little else.

Bugbear off my chest.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

peetee wrote:To me, warm lettuce has got to be one of the most unappetising ‘conventional’ foods ever.

Lettuce in a salad is very tasty but as you say warm it up and it's disgusting. I don't like burgers anyway so eating one of these monsters won't be a problem.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Tangled Metal wrote:...how can they get away with advertising well filled burgers then supply those same burgers without most of the fillings? Isn't there laws against false advertising?
Well, this person clearly thinks there's a law...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

peetee wrote:To me, warm lettuce has got to be one of the most unappetising ‘conventional’ foods ever.
If it's only the warm lettuce that bothers you... :roll:

Every one of those piccies in the link (yes I did click it :oops: ) is frankly nauseating. Especially the last one (above). From the blurb:
The bread is baked using absolutely no preservatives or additives by an in-house baker
Well, excuse me! The bread baked chez 661 is equally free of preservatives and additives. Of course, [foodie snob hat on]the sort of clientele who frequent these sort of establishments may not be familiar with that sort of bread[/snob hat off]...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

It just occured to me the big one in the picture that 661-pete detests, if you put a skewer through it and eat it as a concertina, that would work? 8)
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:It just occured to me the big one in the picture that 661-pete detests, if you put a skewer through it and eat it as a concertina, that would work? 8)

I wouldn't know, I've never eaten a concertina, nor an accordion. I may have, in a fit of pique, entertained thoughts of eating my piano. More digestible, perhaps, than some of those 'burgers'. What part of it should I start on? Suggestions? The dampers? The strings? The pedals?