How Many Bog Rolls Do You Have At Home?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

How Many Bog Rolls Do You Have At Home?

0-4
12%
5-12
50%
13-20
16%
21-28
4%
more than that
18%

Total votes: 50

merseymouth

Re: How Many Bog Rolls Do You Have At Home?

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Kwackers :D , You remind m of Michael Palin in Around the wold in 80 days?
He was on the Desert Wind train across the USofA. Conversation moved onto he all singing & dancing loo!
Conductor told of the time a very obese passenger sat down on the throne, sadly he hadn't noticed that the seat was up?
Outcome was lots of his excess went into the auto macherator mechanism :shock: :roll: :twisted: :lol: .
So no, no auto loo for me mate! So bog off. MM
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

4 ( Transit van loads ).
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

merseymouth wrote:Hi Kwackers :D , You remind m of Michael Palin in Around the wold in 80 days?
He was on the Desert Wind train across the USofA. Conversation moved onto he all singing & dancing loo!
Conductor told of the time a very obese passenger sat down on the throne, sadly he hadn't noticed that the seat was up?
Outcome was lots of his excess went into the auto macherator mechanism :shock: :roll: :twisted: :lol: .
So no, no auto loo for me mate! So bog off. MM

Errr - ok...

Japanese loo seats are simply seats with a built in bidet.
Not a macerator in sight!
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

I buy a pack of 9 when needed. Being part way through that pack means I currently have 7 including the one in use. This is normal buying and I have not bought extra for any reason. A single roll lasts me almost a month.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Tatanab, You're so tight fisted you won't let anything get away from you! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Typical trikie :wink: . MM anon
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Our bog rolls come from online company "Who gives a crap" made from recycled paper wrapped in paper, no plastic at all. We had a box delivered just before the panic buying idiots started. Down to about 10 now between 3 of us so another order going in soon. Did see toilet rolls in Aldi the other day.
Living with two self employed musicians who are just having two years off the chancellors announcement this evening is quite important.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Syd

Post by Syd »

No more or no less that normal.

6 each in the downstairs toilet and our en-suite and 5 in the second en-suite.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Wow, I usually have custard on my suite :oops: . MM
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

I’ve run out but I use a shataff/bidet hose nowadays so I can easily do without. :cool:
ossie

Post by ossie »

A bit of a personal question isn't it :wink: ...haha

We have 4 loos and just say they are well stocked but always have been. Our house is like a hotel at times with the amount of comings and goings, obviously that's stopped so we might have a few more than necessary.

The odd thing is throughout this crisis and from the very beginning I've never seen anyone with more than a couple of packs of loo roll in their trolley. The fact many had a pack or two when ordinarily they might not is probably what bust the system. An extra pack of loo roll is hardly hoarding but when everyone does it at once it suddenly is - then the press got hold of it and the rest is history.
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

rjb wrote:Ive got 54. In my defense they were on offer about a month ago and i was almost caught short :oops: . One had to purchase 3 packs of 18 to get the discount and they were piled high in the store as usual. Farm Foods have had this on offer for years like this. Not been in to see if its still available. How quickly things can change. Dont all get the bums rush now, i need to get there first. :lol:
We store them under the bed and in the bottom of the hot cupboard. :wink:

They had the offer until about 10 days ago but kept running out of bogroll first thing. They've now got more stock in, but limiting everyone to one pack of 18 at the pro rata price which I think is very commendable of them.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Reason 99 why I love these fora, talking about T-rolls, I was already in a good mood because I snaffled a pack of eight today :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
PH

Post by PH »

I've answered 0 - 4 but really it's 1 - 5 and I can't be bothered to look. I buy a pack of four which is the right size for a pannier, and when it's down to one I'll buy another pack next time I'm shopping. The whole panic buying passed my by, I hadn't needed to buy any while they were short and there's plenty in the shops now.
whoof

Post by whoof »

I've got 8. I haven't bought any since this health situation started and have no plans to buy any until May at the earliest.
mjr

Post by mjr »

ossie wrote:The odd thing is throughout this crisis and from the very beginning I've never seen anyone with more than a couple of packs of loo roll in their trolley.

Not a trolley, but I've seen one man with a car boot full. I was going to call him a rude name, but then I decided not to because he might have been to one of the cash and carries mentioned above and not unloaded since, or he might be a volunteer delivering many people's shopping. You never know.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.