Meanwhile ... In Other News

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: Meanwhile ... In Other News

Post by mercalia »

fullupandslowingdown wrote:I actually quite like Priti Patel.

oh so you into dominatrixes? :wink:
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

mercalia wrote:

well depiffle has a considerable online fanclub fronted by carpetcleaner, so I'm giving Priti Patel one too.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

fullupandslowingdown wrote:
mercalia wrote:

well depiffle has a considerable online fanclub fronted by carpetcleaner, so I'm giving Priti Patel one too.

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of BoJo (although I'll wait a while longer before giving a final verdict), I do find it easy to think of him in favourable terms.
All that's required is watching a few of Trumps press conferences. (Watching those stood behind him trying to keep a poker face is tremendous fun, no shortage of tics and tells though).
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, What is not to like about Boris? After all he is a fan of Tin Tin, Herge's Young Journalist :D :D :D
If he can arrange to have the "Seven Crystal Balls" delivered to the non-believers of his message then they will cease to be a problem :shock: :roll: :lol: . Blistering Barnacles he'll triumph! MM
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Jeff Bozo's rocked design based on and idea he had whilst ...
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Psamathe wrote: 2 Apr 2020, 12:43pm On this auspicious day, celebration of inventiveness a brief history of Wikipedia
Now 404 :(
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Vorpal wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 12:57pm
Psamathe wrote: 2 Apr 2020, 12:43pm On this auspicious day, celebration of inventiveness a brief history of Wikipedia
I tried it and also got 404, but trying http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/01/17/w ... -birthday/ works (and worth spending the few moments it takes to read it, in my personal opinion).

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Psamathe wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 12:11pm Jeff Bozo's rocked design based on and idea he had whilst ...
Brilliant headline (serious one, from the Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/11/space-jeff-bezos-richard-branson-amazon-virgin wrote:In space, nobody can hear Jeff Bezos. So can Richard Branson go too?
It’s famously impossible to take a bathroom break during a rocket launch, meaning Jeff Bezos will soon experience what it’s like to be one of his warehouse workers. .....
Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Blimey! I didn't think dear old Wiki had been around that long! They must have started up - let me think - while James I was King of England, Shakespeare had just died, and the Thirty Years War hadn't yet started.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).