Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Post by Oldjohnw »

Gove has said it was ok. So it was ok. I think Johnson must be in Durham now. He doesn't appear to be in London.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Mike Sales wrote:Isn't it time for CC to run away from this nom de guerre and start posting under a new name? This one is thoroughly discredited.

Something like Dark Coloured Bike perhaps?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

carpetcleaner wrote:
francovendee wrote:I think Starmer is biding his time, the govt. themselves are doing his work in discrediting this useless lot.

He's got a lot of time to bide.

The next election is in 2024.

Thank you I wasn't aware of this, to the rescue of the uniformed yet again.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

The government has said Cummings did nothing wrong.

Boris is the head of the government and I trust him. He said he'd get Brexit done and he did and so I know I can rely on him to be honest.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

IMG_20200523_103239.jpg
John
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

pete75 wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:Isn't it time for CC to run away from this nom de guerre and start posting under a new name? This one is thoroughly discredited.

Something like Dark Coloured Bike perhaps?

Why?

My three main bikes are red, white and blue, each brightly painted.
pwa

Post by pwa »

carpetcleaner wrote:The government has said Cummings did nothing wrong.

Boris is the head of the government and I trust him. He said he'd get Brexit done and he did and so I know I can rely on him to be honest.

And I personally am thanking Mr. Cummings for demonstrating that interpretation of the rules is such a personal and free-form thing. I'm sure I can exercise a similarly liberal interpretation of the restrictions as they apply to me. What's good enough for Dom is good enough for me. Now, where are the car keys.........
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

pwa wrote:

And I personally am thanking Mr. Cummings for demonstrating that interpretation of the rules is such a personal and free-form thing. I'm sure I can exercise a similarly liberal interpretation of the restrictions as they apply to me. What's good enough for Dom is good enough for me. Now, where are the car keys.........

Do as you like. You won't have the Mirror and the Guardian snooping on you.

Those papers are read by political losers.
pwa

Post by pwa »

carpetcleaner wrote:
pwa wrote:

You sound like you need a ride. Fresh air and all that.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

carpetcleaner wrote:
pwa wrote:

I am guessing your a fan of the Torygraph or the Daily fail then

But what I think is really interesting is you don’t think newspapers should hold our leaders to account? To me that is the whole purpose of journalism. Cummings has virtually ripped the rule book in half and said it’s ok to do as you please.

As for getting Brexit done Boris hasn’t, yes we have left the EU but we don’t have trade deals with anybody, as yet, at the end of this year we look likely to be on WTO rules, which is the worst trading agreement possible.
NUKe

Post by Oldjohnw »

Cummings the eugenicist is the man who thought that many of us should just catch this thing and quietly die.
John
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Oldjohnw wrote:Cummings the eugenicist is the man who thought that many of us should just catch this thing and quietly die.

He tried his best
964334F5-EFEE-4592-A943-A89653377995.png
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

NUKe wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
pwa wrote:And I personally am thanking Mr. Cummings for demonstrating that interpretation of the rules is such a personal and free-form thing. I'm sure I can exercise a similarly liberal interpretation of the restrictions as they apply to me. What's good enough for Dom is good enough for me. Now, where are the car keys.........

I am guessing your a fan of the Torygraph or the Daily fail then

But what I think is really interesting is you don’t think newspapers should hold our leaders to account? To me that is the whole purpose of journalism. Cummings has virtually ripped the rule book in half and said it’s ok to do as you please.

As for getting Brexit done Boris hasn’t, yes we have left the EU but we don’t have trade deals with anybody, as yet, at the end of this year we look likely to be on WTO rules, which is the worst trading agreement possible.

CC only reads and likes things that are rabidly sycpophantic

He also claims to have no interest in Brexit
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Paulatic wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Cummings the eugenicist is the man who thought that many of us should just catch this thing and quietly die.

He tried his best

ah thats why London has such a low R number. Cummings left London and went up North.

I bet he left groups of infections on his way up North - at pitstops to go to the loo or get some petrol or a meal?.

I bet a map would show his route as good as gps, infecting as he went :lol:
Last edited by mercalia on 23 May 2020, 12:34pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

From Mike Dicks and "Trumpton"