Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
roubaixtuesday

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby roubaixtuesday » 27 May 2020, 4:04pm

merseymouth wrote:Quite why he is so dependent on Cummings must be related to his narrow educational experience?

What on earth has given you the impression that Cummings has any less narrow experience?

kwackers

Postby kwackers » 27 May 2020, 4:08pm

carpetcleaner wrote:Really?

Yes, really.
I'm comparing oranges with oranges, not any and all public jobs.

No other PM adviser would have survived this long.
Can't think of a single one that pulled a stunt like this and came out the other end.

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 27 May 2020, 4:09pm

None! But Two Short Planks still don't make a worthwhile cabinet! :? MM

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 27 May 2020, 4:18pm

MM, Boris was once my MP, he did a decent job, but as I have consistently said he is now operating way way beyond his pay grade as PM. He needs Cummins, and the Tories and the public needed Boris to push through Brexit. After Brexit is delivered Boris and Cummings will be dumped in the dustbin of history PDQ I have no doubt. Just like Blair and Campbell were. Politicians have a shelf life and are expendable, a fact that Blair cant seem to appreciate!

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 27 May 2020, 4:50pm

Cunobelin wrote:
jgurney wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote: concentrate on devising policies which appeal to voters

A good politician has policies and offers them to the voter, not designs policies intended to appeal to the voter.

Exactly, “Stay at Home” is the required Policy

“Go down to the pub, have a few Bevvies, then a BBQ in the beach is the one that appeals to voters

A competent Government would be the one that managed to clearly and succinctly apply the former

An even more competent government would've seen the seriousness of the threat the virus posed in early February and put measures inplace to stop importing it by quarantining travellers coming in from high risk places such as Italy and China and other far eastern countries,as well as stopping large gatherings of people such as Cheltenham and football matches.
If it had the country wouldn't be in position it is now.
The government knew the threat the virus posed and chose to ignore it,like they knew about the Cygnus report and chose to ignore that too and bury it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Bazang

Postby Bazang » 27 May 2020, 6:12pm

Wow l did a search for Juicy bikes and was directed to this thread as 'juicy' keeps coming up so whilst l'm here can l ask if Juicy bikes are safe to use whilst trying to check if your vision is affected?

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 27 May 2020, 6:15pm

Bazang wrote:Wow l did a search for Juicy bikes and was directed to this thread as 'juicy' keeps coming up so whilst l'm here can l ask if Juicy bikes are safe to use whilst trying to check if your vision is affected?

You could end up in deep water,is that juicy enough :) :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------

carpetcleaner

Postby carpetcleaner » 28 May 2020, 8:20am

kwackers wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:Really?

Yes, really.
I'm comparing oranges with oranges, not any and all public jobs.

No other PM adviser would have survived this long.
Can't think of a single one that pulled a stunt like this and came out the other end.

Can you think of the name of any other government adviser?

Cummings is the only one most people know about.

He has become a hate figure for some very powerful and influential people who are incensed that their views on Brexit have been ignored. They expect to be obeyed.

It is disturbing how easily these people have been able to whip up the public into a frenzy of anger, bitterness and moral indignation reminiscent of hate campaigns waged by totalitarian regimes.

Boris has done well so far to show them that such unpleasant and populist tactics won't work with him.

He has the potential to be one of our great prime ministers in modern times, ranking alongside Churchill and Thatcher.

Getting Brexit done puts him well on the way to that status.

DaveReading

Postby DaveReading » 28 May 2020, 9:01am

carpetcleaner wrote:Boris has done well so far to show them that such unpleasant and populist tactics won't work with him.

He has the potential to be one of our great prime ministers in modern times, ranking alongside Churchill and Thatcher.

Do you know a good way of cleaning coffee off a keyboard ?

roubaixtuesday

Postby roubaixtuesday » 28 May 2020, 9:06am

carpetcleaner wrote:

Carpet,

you are far too modest about your hero.

He is no Churchill or Thatcher - his achievements rank far beyond those political pygmies. He is more akin to Peter the Great, Charlemagne Ghandi and Mandela!

Truly we are blessed!!

kwackers

Postby kwackers » 28 May 2020, 9:12am

carpetcleaner wrote:He has become a hate figure for some very powerful and influential people who are incensed that their views on Brexit have been ignored. They expect to be obeyed.

It is disturbing how easily these people have been able to whip up the public into a frenzy of anger, bitterness and moral indignation reminiscent of hate campaigns waged by totalitarian regimes.

Boris has done well so far to show them that such unpleasant and populist tactics won't work with him.

You keep pulling this out of your bottom ignoring the fact that sacking Cummings isn't some left wing plot, even his own side think he should go.
It's only that BoJo is so ineffectual he can't manage without him that he stays despite the damage he's doing.

For someone who witters on endlessly about tolerance you don't have much time for the lefties, you seem to fail to completely understand their point of view yet insist their problem is they can't see other peoples...
This either all classic cognitive bias or pure trolling, I suspect most folk on here can (and have) made their mind up which it is.
Last edited by kwackers on 28 May 2020, 9:13am, edited 1 time in total.

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 28 May 2020, 9:13am

Hi there, Is that Indira Ghandi you're talking about, or maybe Rajiv? As I recall Mahatma Ghandi never was a rime Minister!
With his current performance Boris is making Michael Foot look like a great statesman :roll: .
IDS looks like a safer pair of hands than the British Trump! MM

Stradageek

Postby Stradageek » 28 May 2020, 9:28am

carpetcleaner wrote:He has the potential to be one of our great prime ministers in modern times, ranking alongside Churchill and Thatcher.

Ok, I think I have this one sussed.

Carpetcleaner is clearly a Russian/Chinese troll who is trying to establish how much support the anti-Boris faction really has.

Or maybe he's a relative of Ghengis Khan on a conservative government payroll trying to identify any left win sympathisers in need of 'elimination' before the next election.

Mark Thatcher's son?

Any other ideas?

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 28 May 2020, 9:41am

kwackers wrote:This either all classic cognitive bias or pure trolling, I suspect most folk on here can (and have) made their mind up which it is.

I'm a reader of said views, and much enjoy doing so, but haven't as yet found anything that I want to respond to. It's always good to see a true master of their craft at work :D

PDQ Mobile

Postby PDQ Mobile » 28 May 2020, 9:50am

kwackers wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:He has become a hate figure for some very powerful and influential people who are incensed that their views on Brexit have been ignored. They expect to be obeyed.

You keep pulling this out of your bottom ignoring the fact that sacking Cummings isn't some left wing plot, even his own side think he should go.
It's only that BoJo is so ineffectual he can't manage without him that he stays despite the damage he's doing.

For someone who witters on endlessly about tolerance you don't have much time for the lefties, you seem to fail to completely understand their point of view yet insist their problem is they can't see other peoples...
This either all classic cognitive bias or pure trolling, I suspect most folk on here can (and have) made their mind up which it is.

You manage Kwackers, to succincly put in two lines what takes me half a page.
Spot on.