Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
carpetcleaner

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Post by carpetcleaner »

Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
You produced data that you said proved Boris was popular and made that claim. Yet because you had not actually read or understood the link that uou gave, the data produced proved that Sunak was more popular, but as with most data denied its existence because it was inconvenient. You didn't enter into a debate because there was impossible without admitting your deeply flawed claims

What a choice less than 27% in the 2016 instance and less than 43% made in 2019, but then again you have always had a problem with maths and reality, this claim of yours has been disproven multiple times.

Yet again you are ignoring the reality of the mass exodus because it is inconvenient. You are in denial of the hundreds of thousands who chose NOT to stay here, ALL of them preferring their EU homeland to the UK. It has also been proven previously that it is not a preference but necessity, however at least this is better than your previous ridiculous claim that it was because of "faith" in the UK

What mass exodus?

3.4 million EU people want to stay here.

That's a massive vote of confidence in post-Brexit UK.

I think Boris can take a lot of credit for it.

As before you seem to live in a bubble of your own fantasies... The world recognises that Brexit is not settled, (apart from yourself)
No-one is unaware that until the negotiations are complete, Post Brexit Britain is an unknown....please reassure me that you are aware that we are still negotiating?

As for the exodus has been explained fully, you simply deny it and come out with the same incorrect and flawed rubbish.

In brief the number is an irrelevance - remember the Ferrets?

If the trend shows an exodus then your claims like many of your other claims ) are untrue.

Close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears, sing LALALALALALA all you like, but it will not alter the reality that the trend of applications has DECREASED, the number leaving the UK for the EU has INCREASED, and the number of UK citizens leaving of the EU has INCREASED

However, you are right in that your Messiah can take credit for the exodus, more people leaving the UK for the EU tan at any time in the last ten years is his responsibility

However, you can take a horse to water, but you cannot make them think, or in this case, you can educate someone, but if they are a zealous acolyte that does not wish to see beyond their closed fantasy, the chances of them learning is minimal

There hasn't been a mass exodus from the UK. The UK's population is still rising because people want to come here. That's a strange sort of mass exodus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... on-by-2031

3.4 million EU people already here want to stay in the UK post Brexit.

Perhaps you should seek out a few of these people and ask they why they prefer the UK to their own EU homelands.

I expect Boris would be mentioned a lot. He is an inspiration to us all and I expect that's why he is riding high in the popularity polls.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

Vitara wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:

You have kindly provided a transcript and an article. THe article states that he has made two claims and it is unequivocal that he is either:

1. Lying when he said it was a sarcastic remark to Journalists
0r...
2. Lying when he says it was questions addressed to the medical experts.

All that is needed is to decide which one is a lie... or explain how both are true

I'm waiting for the quote where President Trump advocates bleach as a cure for the corona virus.

Just tell me the time in the video where he says it.

Perhaps the part where he says:

"Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

pwa wrote:A few lines from the top it says EU migration added 57,000 to the UK population in the year. Not subtracted, but added. Lots left but even more came in. Using the word "exodus" is misleading. It creates a picture of more people leaving than coming in. But even until the start of the lockdown that was just not the case. If we are feeling so free and easy with the use of the English language, what would be the equally colourful phrase for the even larger number of EU nationals that came in? People have their views on Brexit, but why resort to daft and distorting language? We can express our views without doing that. Leave that sort of thing to Trump.

The Independent says 84,000 UK citizens moved to EU Europe in 2019 on top of the quoted EU 140,000 odd citizens going home.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 66136.html

And the BBC reports similar.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50586338

So the two together mean overall migration from within and between (ex!) EU countries is a net "exodus"(sorry).

Migration to the UK from outside Europe has gone up a good deal though.

My personal take is that mostly the Europeans tend return home after a period of work or study here.
Unless they marry or similar.

Whereas the non-Europeans tend to stay on.
Make of it what you will.

Looking at your part of the world some of the worst anti-social behaviour and criminality seem (to me) to come predominantly from old established and indigenous groups!

I don't think it's too much "hype" to say that.
Certainly less than the side of the bus distortions.
pwa

Post by pwa »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
pwa wrote:A few lines from the top it says EU migration added 57,000 to the UK population in the year. Not subtracted, but added. Lots left but even more came in. Using the word "exodus" is misleading. It creates a picture of more people leaving than coming in. But even until the start of the lockdown that was just not the case. If we are feeling so free and easy with the use of the English language, what would be the equally colourful phrase for the even larger number of EU nationals that came in? People have their views on Brexit, but why resort to daft and distorting language? We can express our views without doing that. Leave that sort of thing to Trump.

The Independent says 84,000 UK citizens moved to EU Europe in 2019 on top of the quoted EU 140,000 odd citizens going home.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 66136.html

And the BBC reports similar.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50586338

So the two together mean overall migration from within and between (ex!) EU countries is a net "exodus"(sorry).

Migration to the UK from outside Europe has gone up a good deal though.

My personal take is that mostly the Europeans tend return home after a period of work or study here.
Unless they marry or similar.

Whereas the non-Europeans tend to stay on.
Make of it what you will.

Looking at your part of the world some of the worst anti-social behaviour and criminality seem (to me) to come predominantly from old established and indigenous groups!

I don't think it's too much "hype" to say that.
Certainly less than the side of the bus distortions.

I'll pay attention next time I see some ONS figures on migration, but everything I've seen up to now has shown a slowing down in the rate of increase in the number of EU nationals living in the UK, not a reduction in the number.

And who raised questions of criminality among various parts of society? I'm not a believer in the notion that (insert nationality group) are more criminal than any other group. Are you having a go at the Welsh? :lol:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
Vitara wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
I'm waiting for the quote where President Trump advocates bleach as a cure for the corona virus.

"Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome

Very Trumpy, avoiding the question that the article you used presents

1. Was Trump Lying when he said t was a sarcastic question to the Press

OR...

2. Was Trump lying when he said it was a suggestion to the medical experts.

Or do you believe that both are true?

Or more accurately:

His supoorters need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he didn't say somethingthat he did?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
Vitara wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:

Yet he is on record stating that this is not the case it was sarcasm addressed to the press

One version is a lie....

Which one do you think is the lie?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
What mass exodus?

3.4 million EU people want to stay here.

That's a massive vote of confidence in post-Brexit UK.

I think Boris can take a lot of credit for it.

As before you seem to live in a bubble of your own fantasies... The world recognises that Brexit is not settled, (apart from yourself)
No-one is unaware that until the negotiations are complete, Post Brexit Britain is an unknown....please reassure me that you are aware that we are still negotiating?

As for the exodus has been explained fully, you simply deny it and come out with the same incorrect and flawed rubbish.

If the trend shows an exodus then your claims like many of your other claims ) are untrue.

Close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears, sing LALALALALALA all you like, but it will not alter the reality that the trend of applications has DECREASED, the number leaving the UK for the EU has INCREASED, and the number of UK citizens leaving of the EU has INCREASED

However, you are right in that your Messiah can take credit for the exodus, more people leaving the UK for the EU tan at any time in the last ten years is his responsibility

However, you can take a horse to water, but you cannot make them think, or in this case, you can educate someone, but if they are a zealous acolyte that does not wish to see beyond their closed fantasy, the chances of them learning is minimal

There hasn't been a mass exodus from the UK. The UK's population is still rising because people want to come here. That's a strange sort of mass exodus.

Perhaps you should seek out a few of these people and ask them why they prefer the UK to their own EU homelands.

I expect Boris would be mentioned a lot. He is an inspiration to us all and I expect that's why he is riding high in the popularity polls.

All been covered before, yet you still repeat the same rubbish time after time.

No point in proving you wrong a third, fourth or fifth time if you are unable to see beyond your obsequious zealotry
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

The government has a track record of meeting every question with a suspect boast. For example, every time they are asked about a school having its budget cut they say that they are putting more money than ever into education.

The same applies with the NHS, the police, benefits, transport or housing.

When challenged about the very evident shortage of PPE hey say how many items/test or whatever they have.

On Panarama last night the government claimed they had provided a billion items. It turns out that the counted each glove of a pair as a separate item. The also included cleaning materials and paper towels.

Incompetent liars, possibly.
John
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

An interesting development in the "Disinfectant" saga today.

The transcript is clear;

"THE PRESIDENT: Deborah, have you ever heard of that? The heat and the light, relative to certain viruses, yes, but relative to this virus?
DR. BIRX: Not as a treatment. I mean, certainly fever —
THE PRESIDENT: Yeah.
DR. BIRX: — is a good thing. When you have a fever, it helps your body respond. But not as — I've not seen heat or (inaudible).
THE PRESIDENT: I think it's a great thing to look at. I mean, you know. Okay?"

Yet despite directing the question ar DR Birx by name, Trump is now denying that as well!

He tweeted:

Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!

So we now have three options that he has claimed were the case:

1, It was a sarcastic question to the press

2. It was a question directed at Dr Birx as a medical expert

3. It was neither of those, it was directed at the Laboratory expert

The video also shows that not only didn't he speak to DR Birx by name, she also didn't reply

[youtube]Cpcxbq_Anuc[/youtube]

Even the most starry eyed acolyte must realise that not all these cannot be true.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:

Perhaps you should seek out a few of these people and ask them why they prefer the UK to their own EU homelands.

All been covered before, yet you still repeat the same rubbish time after time.

No point in proving you wrong a third, fourth or fifth time if you are unable to see beyond your obsequious zealotry

You do tend to go on a bit yourself, making the same old points. I'm far too polite to accuse a fellow forum member of talking rubbish.

The UK is a very popular country for foreigners to emigrate to. I work with an EU national who is counting down the days until she has been here 5 years and she will be able to apply for settled status and then UK nationality too in due course. Her boyfriend is doing the same thing. So are several of their friends in various parts of the country.

3.4 million EU nationals are going to apply for permission to stay. They don't listen to those tiresome, moaning Brits who are always going on about how dreadful the UK is.

They are optimistic about the UK, just like most Brits are including our wonderful prime minister.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

Cunobelin wrote:An interesting development in the "Disinfectant" saga today.

The transcript is clear;

"THE PRESIDENT: Deborah, have you ever heard of that? The heat and the light, relative to certain viruses, yes, but relative to this virus?
DR. BIRX: — is a good thing. When you have a fever, it helps your body respond. But not as — I've not seen heat or (inaudible).

Yet despite directing the question ar DR Birx by name, Trump is now denying that as well!

He tweeted:

Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!

The video also shows that not only didn't he speak to DR Birx by name, she also didn't reply

Even the most starry eyed acolyte must realise that not all these cannot be true.

After all your lengthy comments on this I am now satisfied you can't provide any evidence which shows that President Trump advocates injections of bleach to cure those infected with the corona virus.

Is a clip from MSNBC the best you can do?

Everyone knows it is a station watched mainly by President Trump's ideological opponents, and about as likely to be fair and objective about him as the Guardian.

https://pos.org/whos-watching-a-look-at ... -watchers/
Last edited by carpetcleaner on 28 Apr 2020, 7:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:The government has a track record of meeting every question with a suspect boast. For example, every time they are asked about a school having its budget cut they say that they are putting more money than ever into education.

When challenged about the very evident shortage of PPE hey say how many items/test or whatever they have.

On Panarama last night the government claimed they had provided a billion items. It turns out that the counted each glove of a pair as a separate item. The also included cleaning materials and paper towels.

Incompetent liars definitely,unequivically,postitively and knowingly!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

reohn2 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:The government has a track record of meeting every question with a suspect boast. For example, every time they are asked about a school having its budget cut they say that they are putting more money than ever into education.

A pair of gloves is two items. If I showed you three gloves and asked you how many items there were would you answer one and a half?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:An interesting development in the "Disinfectant" saga today.

The transcript is clear;

He tweeted:

After all your lengthy comments on this I am now satisfied you can't provide any evidence which shows that President Trump advocates injections of bleach to cure those infected with the corona virus.

Is a clip from MSNBC the best you can do?

Everyone knows it is a station watched mainly by at President Trump's ideological opponents, and about as likely to be fair and objective about him as the Guardian.

https://pos.org/whos-watching-a-look-at ... -watchers/

Nice avoidance, which one is a lie:

.. or do you believe all. three to be true?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

A pair of gloves is two items. If I showed you three gloves and asked you how many items there were would you answer one and a half?

I would be worried why there is an open pack in the cupboard and no longer sterile!!!!

I would also be worried how you expected someone to care for the second patient single handed

However as the Government downgraded protection for staff throughout, It wouldn't be a surprise if they suggested one handed patient care