Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: UK government,an incompentent bunch of liars?

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:We are all in this together and everyone should do their level best to look after the weakest poorest and lonely, it's going to be a long job.

Quite right,I agree

Just pack in bleating and get out there and do something good!

How dare you claim people who you know absolutely nothing about to "get out there and do something good" you know nothing about anyone on this forum!
You might consider stopping blowing your own trumpet instead of claiming others aren't doing any good!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

al_yrpal wrote:Great to hear the positive responses of Yvette Cooper with Matt Hancock on Question Time. "We are all in this together".

At 8pm we were all out in the street applauding and lots of Carers from my wife's Care Home drove and walked by. They obviously loved it.

We are all in this together and everyone should do their level best to look after the weakest poorest and lonely, it's going to be a long job.

Just pack in bleating and get out there and do something good!

Al

Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.

As soon as this crisis is over the wages won't change but the applause will.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

carpetcleaner wrote:Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.

I find myself agreeing with you whole heartedly on this point.
W H Auden
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

reohn2 wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.

me three.
It's always stuck in my craw that the worse a job is, the worse the pay. Who wants to clean other folk's toilets on NMW? Who wants to spend all shift racing around trying to do a caring job when there simply isn't enough time to properly care. Our whole wage system is upside down.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

MM, I remember visiting Lancaster County Pa where we stayed in a charming Amish B&B. I got up at 5.30 am on Sunday morning to take pictures of the mist shrouded countryside. All I could hear was clip clop clip clop as the buggies Trotted off at a Trot to church. Our hosts were wonderful in traditional Amish dress and were quite modern even having an icebox! After a short Bible reading they explained that the couldnt Trot to church because their pony had gone lame and we watched as they set off in their sons gas guzzler. Lovely gentle people

Al

P9190077.JPG

P9200087.JPG
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

reohn2 wrote:

We have lots of foreign workers here, Indians, Romanians, Philipinos, Spanish, they all seem to love their jobs in the Care Home. There are also lots of Bulgarians who come for short periods to work in the Poultry processing plant. Post Brexit lots of these latter folk wont be able to come and wages will have to go up. I look forward to that. I hope the Care Homes staff get better wages too despite the fact it will cost us more, they deserve it.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.

98853eb7-d68a-4a88-81f2-07248b5da62b.jpg

well even if their wages don't rise, hopefully they won't have to listen to the wail of the bagpipes any more

image99.jpg
image99.jpg (13.34 KiB) Viewed 572 times

notice the others are giving a lot more than 2 metres social distancing from the piper
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Al, Your post will be misinterpreted of that I'm sure! For some reason or other certain folk can't accept the fact that some others have a natural urge to try to follow neutral middle ground in politics, with a lower case "P", always trying to hove such people into one wing or other in ssuch matters. They can never understand how folk can want social justice in equal proportion with fiscal stability, de facto a "Caring Capitalist", tough to fathom such folk out.
They hate waste, also hate robbing folk, value for money in such matters.
But I learnt years ago that only the rich could afford to philanthropic. We had one such chap in Liverpool years ago, who had stacks of cash, but had a civic conscience in the hard times in the poor quarters.
He hired a number of men to shovel dirt into barrows, wheel it all over to the other side of his builders yard, when they had moved the tons of material they then had to go the other way with it all?
Some folk said he was nuts, "Why not just give them the money?" they would say.
Simple, he believed in the work ethic being better than charity. The men had the dignity of gainful employment, honest toil.
A begging bowl is not conducive with self esteem.
Joseph Williamson valued a society where effort was rewarded. Marx, Lenin & Mao would never have understood him. MM
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

MM I am sure you are right! Of course the usual suspects will simply Trot out feeble excuses :lol: Sad they seem incapable of following the middle way...

Williamson was an interesting character. I had never heard of him.

TTFN

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 2 Apr 2020, 10:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-800

Post by T-800 »

reohn2 wrote:Whaddyathink?

Yes.
I wouldn't have been so charitable with the description though!

al_yrpal wrote:MM I am sure you are right! Of course the usual suspects will simply Trot out feeble excuses :lol: Sad they seem incapable of following the middle way...
TTFN
Al

Feeble excuses for what?
!0+ years of bringing the Country to it's knees and keeping it there?
10+ years of under funding and cuts to the NHS and Police who they now ironically or is it sarcastically clap to gain points when TV cameras are there?
I think I'll join the "usual suspects" when I work out who they are!
sjs

Re: UK government,an incompentent bunch of liars!

Post by sjs »

DaveReading wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Whaddyathink?

On the contrary, they're actually pretty good at it.. :)

I don't think they are, not this time.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

We have lots of foreign workers here, Indians, Romanians, Philipinos, Spanish, they all seem to love their jobs in the Care Home. There are also lots of Bulgarians who come for short periods to work in the Poultry processing plant. Post Brexit lots of these latter folk wont be able to come and wages will have to go up. I look forward to that. I hope the Care Homes staff get better wages too despite the fact it will cost us more, they deserve it.

Al

You think wages will go up after this debacle,it'll be another 10years of austerity or a revolution when the dust settles on this lot.
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Al

You think wages will go up after this debacle,it'll be another 10years of austerity or a revolution when the dust settles on this lot.

Ten? This is multi-generational, given the sums involved.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Yep, multi generational! Paying for wars, whether bombs & bullets etc or fighting pandemics such as we currently suffer will cost generations to come to be condemned to financial hardship.
That will be the real price of bad practise in the PRC! MM
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:Ten? This is multi-generational, given the sums involved.

Figure of speech,forgive me I should said 20 or more.
That said,observe how much quicker South Korea recovers,their government made the right desicions early on,whilst our bunch public schoolboys twiddled their thumbs and did what they always do,tell a pack of lies and count on the sleepy forgetfulness of stupid Joe and Joess public :?
W H Auden