Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
djnotts

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Post by djnotts »

Heard figure of 140 grand p.a. He's credited (!) with winning brexit and the largest Tory majority for decades. Cheap as chips to those who desired those 2 outcomes.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

And still they keep coming .A laugh a day keeps reality away. CC should be up for a knighthood.
carpetcleaner

Post by carpetcleaner »

djnotts wrote:Heard figure of 140 grand p.a. He's credited (!) with winning brexit and the largest Tory majority for decades. Cheap as chips to those who desired those 2 outcomes.

Apparently Cummings is 'only' on £100,000 per year as he thinks nobody is worth more than that.

Not only is he a national hero but he doesn't want to overcharge us for his services.

What a public spirited man he is.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
You're interested in how well the rest of the world thinks the uk has dealt with the virus?

Well, ok, if you insist...

Irish Times https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.4254792

New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/opin ... us-uk.html

Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -response/

Sydney Morning Herald
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/big ... 54o2d.html

etc etc etc etc.

You won't find a single person outside the UK that thinks we've managed this anything but disastrously.

I'm not at all surprised that our health system's response to this crisis has not been very good.

I worked in a non-medical NHS role for a short period of time and now I am an NHS patient requiring ongoing treatment.

Both experiences have not given me any great confidence in the NHS's organisational skills, the efficiency of its communications both with patients and internally or in its ability to react fast to changing circumstances.

Your lack of comment on the universal view that we have done badly because of the government is duly noted.

The NHS does not set government policy on social distancing or pandemic preparedness. NHS capacity response is arguably the only positive for the uk relative to others.

The alternative is the Truth that the Government failed and CC cannot accept that. He has lied multiple times and made the most absurd claims, all of which have been proven. The absolute inability to see any fault in his idols ais a typical Stan trait.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Dnn't know whether i saw it on here (still worth repeating) or on Facebook,

Apparently Barnards Castle is Durham slang for amongst other things a poor excuse..... Cummings certainly did a "Barny Castle"

merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Evening, I do believe we have a run off on the horizon? Between Carpet Cleaner and Dominic Cummings as to who should wear the Motley as Court Fool for Boris the Buffoon?
Only thing going against CC is the fact that DC is generating more column inches in the press!
Shame the role as Village Idiot has faded out, otherwise it would mean jobs for both of them. This is not Trolling. MM
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

djnotts wrote:Heard figure of 140 grand p.a. He's credited (!) with winning brexit and the largest Tory majority for decades. Cheap as chips to those who desired those 2 outcomes.

He might find it gets harder to "earn" that money as apparently (word of mouth or Social Media) is that when the Track and Trace call, 1st contact name people are intending to give is "Dom Cummings" (then the rest). Not that I'd suggest such a thing but given how strongly the immature cauliflower is using "must, must, must" if Dom is being identified as 1st contact 100 times a day he kind of must "self-isolate" .....

And I suppose given Cummings' habit of traveling all over the country it doesn't much matter where you live as good chance Dom's travels have taken him there anyway.

Ian
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
mercalia wrote:
PhilD28 wrote:Image

Does that mean that Cummings will be sainted? How many miracles do you need to do to achieve that status? As it is clearly the fact that he trod the turf there that is responsible?

A dukedom would suffice, with a cash grant to enable home to buy a stately home.

That's how we used to reward national heroes.

For once I actually agree with you. Such an award would be a superb and an appropriate illustration of just how morally bankrupt Johnson and the Tories are

As for the home, I believe that Robert Jenrick is the current corrupt Tory politician if you want something illegally signed off and save a few million quid
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

PhilD28 wrote:a6406a50-4993-4a39-bd8f-e146f8ee62f4.jpeg

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

mercalia wrote:
PhilD28 wrote:Image

Does that mean that Cummings will be sainted? How many miracles do you need to do to achieve that status? As it is clearly the fact that he trod the turf there that is responsible?

He'll get to God status if he survives this. -- Bojo refusing questions to scientific advisors is unbelievable. I wonder who advised him that would be a "Really good idea"?

Boris should resign now.
I am here. Where are you?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cowsham wrote:Bojo refusing questions to scientific advisors is unbelievable. I wonder who advised him that would be a "Really good idea"?

Boris should resign now.

What have I missed?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Here's one from Churchill's day
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (159.18 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

carpetcleaner wrote:
I'm not at all surprised that our health system's response to this crisis has not been very good.

Nor am I

The Governments complete ineptitude, stupidity and failure to organise everything from PPE to the most basic equipment ensured that the response would not be good.

What needs to be admired is the way that the NHS overcame these failings and managed to function at such a high level of competency and skill.

Without the dedication, the willingness and the sheer bravery of NHS staff, many thousands more would have died.

The way the Country has resolved this issue was in spite of the Government., who lied, bumbled and staggered the way through the crisis
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Interesting parallels:- https://youtu.be/kNJHGRM9y_I
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:

Nor am I

The Governments complete ineptitude, stupidity and failure to organise everything from PPE to the most basic equipment ensured that the response would not be good.

What needs to be admired is the way that the NHS overcame these failings and managed to function at such a high level of competency and skill.

Without the dedication, the willingness and the sheer bravery of NHS staff, many thousands more would have died.

The way the Country has resolved this issue was in spite of the Government., who lied, bumbled and staggered the way through the crisis

Correct.
And we're not done yet,not by a long shot
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden