Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
PDQ Mobile
Posts: 4089
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby PDQ Mobile » 28 Apr 2020, 8:17pm

pwa wrote:
And who raised questions of criminality among various parts of society? I'm not a believer in the notion that (insert nationality group) are more criminal than any other group. Are you having a go at the Welsh? :lol:

I am " having a go" at parts of the social culture of the S.Wales industrial region for sure.

Excessive drunkenness, lots of petty criminality and theft, plenty of domestic violence and loads of idiotic arson.
It seems to be concentrated in the long established denizens primarily, that is my perspective from a distance.

The new incomers seem less prone to these unendearing traits, probably because they are more culturally refined!

Not immune of course but less prone.

Arguably that incoming group a beneficial influence on the above mentioned, had that group eyes to see and an ear to listen and a brain somewhere between!

pwa
Posts: 13900
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby pwa » 28 Apr 2020, 8:37pm

PDQ Mobile wrote:
pwa wrote:
And who raised questions of criminality among various parts of society? I'm not a believer in the notion that (insert nationality group) are more criminal than any other group. Are you having a go at the Welsh? :lol:

I am " having a go" at parts of the social culture of the S.Wales industrial region for sure.

Excessive drunkenness, lots of petty criminality and theft, plenty of domestic violence and loads of idiotic arson.
It seems to be concentrated in the long established denizens primarily, that is my perspective from a distance.

Being an English person who came to this part of the UK 30 years ago and who knows the predominantly kind and friendly people who dominate life here, I am saddened by your bigoted ignorance. Yes there is criminal behaviour here, but less than you get in most English cities. Yes, there are misguided youths who set fires on hills, but there is remarkably little knife crime. I have spoken to people from London who now live in a former coal mining village at the end of a long deep valley and they speak about how welcome they have been made to feel. Your stereotyping is disgusting.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 6036
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Oldjohnw » 28 Apr 2020, 9:07pm

Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Incompetent liars definitely,unequivically,postitively and knowingly!


A pair of gloves is two items. If I showed you three gloves and asked you how many items there were would you answer one and a half?


I would be worried why there is an open pack in the cupboard and no longer sterile!!!!

Image

I would also be worried how you expected someone to care for the second patient single handed

However as the Government downgraded protection for staff throughout, It wouldn't be a surprise if they suggested one handed patient care


Three gloves is one and a half pair.
John

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 10798
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Cunobelin » 28 Apr 2020, 9:36pm

Oldjohnw wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
A pair of gloves is two items. If I showed you three gloves and asked you how many items there were would you answer one and a half?


I would be worried why there is an open pack in the cupboard and no longer sterile!!!!

Image

I would also be worried how you expected someone to care for the second patient single handed

However as the Government downgraded protection for staff throughout, It wouldn't be a surprise if they suggested one handed patient care


Three gloves is one and a half pair.


I have worked it out.....

The Government claims that they provided 4 gloves.

This is the pair that you already have, one glove they provided and the other they claim was ordered, but actualy wasn't, so never arrived. They then ignored the fact, and lowered the requirement for NHS staff to only wearing one glove

Standard Tory mathematics

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 4089
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby PDQ Mobile » 28 Apr 2020, 9:52pm

pwa wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:
pwa wrote:
And who raised questions of criminality among various parts of society? I'm not a believer in the notion that (insert nationality group) are more criminal than any other group. Are you having a go at the Welsh? :lol:

I am " having a go" at parts of the social culture of the S.Wales industrial region for sure.

Excessive drunkenness, lots of petty criminality and theft, plenty of domestic violence and loads of idiotic arson.
It seems to be concentrated in the long established denizens primarily, that is my perspective from a distance.

Being an English person who came to this part of the UK 30 years ago and who knows the predominantly kind and friendly people who dominate life here, I am saddened by your bigoted ignorance. Yes there is criminal behaviour here, but less than you get in most English cities. Yes, there are misguided youths who set fires on hills, but there is remarkably little knife crime. I have spoken to people from London who now live in a former coal mining village at the end of a long deep valley and they speak about how welcome they have been made to feel. Your stereotyping is disgusting.

It is not stereotyping as such but reading about reported incidents
I said it was my perception from afar.
There are good folk in S Wales of course but there are a lot of rather unpleasant and rather stupid types too.
Much of the behaviour I read about is pretty disgusting to me. The mindless arson and thieving of car bits from parked ( in hospital carparks) cars.
The arson is symptomatic, it seems to me, a willingness to destroy much of what could be beautiful. A clear lack of education and cultural sophistication.
It's your area (conservation?) perhaps you (or your teacher wife) could do a better job on educating the folly and waste of masses of public money by such vandals.
Get your "kind and friendly" people to do something positive about that, not turn a blind and yet curtain twitching eye. For it has gon on far too long.
Condemn it for what it is, sheer stupid, costly to society, brainless idiocy.

You are one who thinks we have too many immigrants but will defend your own against just criticism and accuse me of being disgusting.

I think most of those EU immigrants have a broadly beneficial effect, given an open mind, on many facets of our society.
It's the open mind that's important of course.

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 10798
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Cunobelin » 28 Apr 2020, 10:25pm

carpetcleaner wrote:After all your lengthy comments on this I am now satisfied you can't provide any evidence which shows that President Trump advocates injections of bleach to cure those infected with the corona virus.

Is a clip from MSNBC the best you can do?

Everyone knows it is a station watched mainly by President Trump's ideological opponents, and about as likely to be fair and objective about him as the Guardian.

https://pos.org/whos-watching-a-look-at ... -watchers/


Who needs MSNBC when we have you?

carpetcleaner wrote:
Transcript here.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020 ... nfectant-/


YOUR evidence that Trump is lying

I had forgotten that you tend to neither read, analyse nor understand the links you post, you just "Like them"

You have in fact already answered the question by proving that 1 and 3 are the lies

Let's look at the evidence that YOU provided and which shows without doubt that he was speaking to Deborah Birx

From YOUR evidence:

"I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure. You know? If you could? And maybe you can, maybe you can’t. Again, I say maybe you can, maybe you can’t. I’m not a doctor. But I’m a person that has a good… You know what. Deborah, have you ever heard of that? The heat and the light relative to certain viruses, yes, but relative to this virus?"


... and so there can be no doubt this lets post Trump's actual Tweet:

Image

Thank you for providing the evidence that Trump is lying.

Your own evidence unequivocally disproves your claims and fully proves the fact that Trump is lying

Of course, (as you have done in the past) I expect you to dismiss your own evidence now it is inconvenient for you.

Or you can follow your Messiah's lead and despite the evidence claim you didn't post it, you were posting on a Fishing Forum, or claim it was a sarcastic post aimed at a group of passing kittens

Finally thank you this quote that you have also proven to be ironic:

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.


Your posts have without doubt proven that the reality his supporters need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he didn't say something that he did?
Last edited by Cunobelin on 29 Apr 2020, 12:16am, edited 2 times in total.

pwa
Posts: 13900
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby pwa » 28 Apr 2020, 11:42pm

PDQ Mobile wrote:
pwa wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:I am " having a go" at parts of the social culture of the S.Wales industrial region for sure.

Excessive drunkenness, lots of petty criminality and theft, plenty of domestic violence and loads of idiotic arson.
It seems to be concentrated in the long established denizens primarily, that is my perspective from a distance.

Being an English person who came to this part of the UK 30 years ago and who knows the predominantly kind and friendly people who dominate life here, I am saddened by your bigoted ignorance. Yes there is criminal behaviour here, but less than you get in most English cities. Yes, there are misguided youths who set fires on hills, but there is remarkably little knife crime. I have spoken to people from London who now live in a former coal mining village at the end of a long deep valley and they speak about how welcome they have been made to feel. Your stereotyping is disgusting.

It is not stereotyping as such but reading about reported incidents
I said it was my perception from afar.
There are good folk in S Wales of course but there are a lot of rather unpleasant and rather stupid types too.
Much of the behaviour I read about is pretty disgusting to me. The mindless arson and thieving of car bits from parked ( in hospital carparks) cars.
The arson is symptomatic, it seems to me, a willingness to destroy much of what could be beautiful. A clear lack of education and cultural sophistication.
It's your area (conservation?) perhaps you (or your teacher wife) could do a better job on educating the folly and waste of masses of public money by such vandals.
Get your "kind and friendly" people to do something positive about that, not turn a blind and yet curtain twitching eye. For it has gon on far too long.
Condemn it for what it is, sheer stupid, costly to society, brainless idiocy.

You are one who thinks we have too many immigrants but will defend your own against just criticism and accuse me of being disgusting.

I think most of those EU immigrants have a broadly beneficial effect, given an open mind, on many facets of our society.
It's the open mind that's important of course.

You stereotype EU immigrants (broadly good) and those born in Wales (broadly bad). Your way of thinking is dinosaur stuff, the Bernard Manning views of the 1970s. The great majority of people in my part of the UK are friendly, and they deplore fire starters. It takes a couple of idiots to set fire to a mountain side, leaving thousands in the valley below to suffer the smoke inhalation and wish the idiots would stop doing it. It happened near Bolton last year, and in the Pennines above Manchester. Don't you have small minorities in your own area who do things that the majority hate? Do you feel as free to condemn black communities in London for the knife crime that happens in those communities, or is this blanket condemning of communities only okay if the group in question isn't classed as a minority? I would never dream of condemning a whole community like that. Your views are bigoted ignorance worthy of Alf Garnett. It isn't made okay because the community you attack from afar is white or non-migrant. They are still human and deserve more intelligent and humane treatment. There was anti-Welsh bigotry in England in medieval times. It goes back a long way, not as long as anti-Semitism, but a long way nonetheless. You follow a long tradition.

What you won't get in the former industrial valleys (where I don't live, by the way, and where my wife does not teach) is much violent crime. You have to go to English cities for that. Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham and London, for example. Given the choice, I'll put up with a few grass fires up in the valleys if it means I don't have to live somewhere with a lot of violent crime.

(Why did you even start this tack? Are you on the beer? I never even hinted that migrant groups might be more criminal than UK-born groups. I don't believe that.)
Last edited by pwa on 29 Apr 2020, 8:00am, edited 2 times in total.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 6036
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Oldjohnw » 29 Apr 2020, 6:14am

carpetcleaner wrote:
Vitara wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
I'm waiting for the quote where President Trump advocates bleach as a cure for the corona virus.

Just tell me the time in the video where he says it.


Perhaps the part where he says:

"Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."


Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome


It's only six weeks since Trump said that the then 15 known cases would miraculously disappear before Easter. He also did not understand exponential: he assumed that when cases doubled every few days staff must be stealing kit. And having denied that there was a pandemic he claimed to have been the first person to recognise that there was one.

So keep up giving him your ringing endorsement. You know it doesn't make sense.
John

carpetcleaner
Posts: 920
Joined: 14 Nov 2019, 1:25pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby carpetcleaner » 29 Apr 2020, 10:34am

Oldjohnw wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Vitara wrote:
Perhaps the part where he says:

"Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."


Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome


It's only six weeks since Trump said that the then 15 known cases would miraculously disappear before Easter. He also did not understand exponential: he assumed that when cases doubled every few days staff must be stealing kit. And having denied that there was a pandemic he claimed to have been the first person to recognise that there was one.

So keep up giving him your ringing endorsement. You know it doesn't make sense.


What ringing endorsement?

I merely stated, correctly, that President Trump did not say that injecting bleach cures those with the corona virus.

Oldjohnw
Posts: 6036
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Oldjohnw » 29 Apr 2020, 11:48am

carpetcleaner wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome


It's only six weeks since Trump said that the then 15 known cases would miraculously disappear before Easter. He also did not understand exponential: he assumed that when cases doubled every few days staff must be stealing kit. And having denied that there was a pandemic he claimed to have been the first person to recognise that there was one.

So keep up giving him your ringing endorsement. You know it doesn't make sense.


What ringing endorsement?

I merely stated, correctly, that President Trump did not say that injecting bleach cures those with the corona virus.


Sorry. Wrong adjective. I should have said moderate endorsement.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 29 Apr 2020, 11:49am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Oldjohnw
Posts: 6036
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Oldjohnw » 29 Apr 2020, 11:49am

I see Mr Johnson has a baby. At least he can't deny this one.
John

PDQ Mobile
Posts: 4089
Joined: 2 Aug 2015, 4:40pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby PDQ Mobile » 29 Apr 2020, 12:06pm

pwa wrote:You stereotype EU immigrants (broadly good) and those born in Wales (broadly bad). Your way of thinking is dinosaur stuff, the Bernard Manning views of the 1970s. The great majority of people in my part of the UK are friendly, and they deplore fire starters. It takes a couple of idiots to set fire to a mountain side, leaving thousands in the valley below to suffer the smoke inhalation and wish the idiots would stop doing it. It happened near Bolton last year, and in the Pennines above Manchester. Don't you have small minorities in your own area who do things that the majority hate? Do you feel as free to condemn black communities in London for the knife crime that happens in those communities, or is this blanket condemning of communities only okay if the group in question isn't classed as a minority? I would never dream of condemning a whole community like that. Your views are bigoted ignorance worthy of Alf Garnett. It isn't made okay because the community you attack from afar is white or non-migrant. They are still human and deserve more intelligent and humane treatment. There was anti-Welsh bigotry in England in medieval times. It goes back a long way, not as long as anti-Semitism, but a long way nonetheless. You follow a long tradition.

What you won't get in the former industrial valleys (where I don't live, by the way, and where my wife does not teach) is much violent crime. You have to go to English cities for that. Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham and London, for example. Given the choice, I'll put up with a few grass fires up in the valleys if it means I don't have to live somewhere with a lot of violent crime.

(Why did you even start this tack? Are you on the beer? I never even hinted that migrant groups might be more criminal than UK-born groups. I don't believe that.)

Now I am Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett!
But I am not anti-immigration nor do I read or give house room to the sickly moralistic and yet profoundly othering Daily Mail and it's ilk.

Nor am I simplistically "immigrant good"; "born in Wales bad".
It is a distortion.
I see benefit in tolerance and understanding between disparate Nations and their peoples.

I simply state that the S Wales area has more than it's fair share of anti social and criminal behaviour.
I am not anti Welsh at all, merely calling a spade a spade.
I am actually something of a lover of Wales but I love lots of other places and peoples too.
(And I have put that love of Wales into solid quiet demonstrable practice; sometimes quite successfully. A half a lifetime's labour of love!)

I see good where there is good, and bad where there is bad, I think, not some "faux patriotic" blinkered view.
For therein lies the most contemporary peril IMO.

The arsonists are more than just "a couple" of idiots.
The last dry weeks have seen many hundreds of costly call outs of the S Wales Fire Brigade even at this difficult time. The environmental and financial cost is enormous.
The report from the Fire Officer I read stated the culprits were intent on "causing chaos".
It's been going on for decades.
It is a home grown problem.
Educate and fix it is my serious suggestion, for there is a clear failing in that regard.

From what I read on the BBC Wales news attacks against incomers and minority groups are also pretty common down there.
Cardiff has a reputation up here in the N. for being sodden in alcohol on Saturday nights.

These societal ills will not be cured by either this lousy Govt or leaving the EU.
If anything these two factors will exacerbate things.
The loss of jobs and industry has already started.
But that is what you voted for back then. So I guess that's ok.
It's democracy.

Though I have deep concerns about being taken along this path by this self same voter base and a Govt. and its Press full of callous exploiting this rather narrow view.

As an example now we see the Corona Virus couched in terms of another nationalistic "war against the enemy", rather than a tragic rebalancing of the natural forces we are all subject too.
A peril that actually no "war" can win.
We need to be cleverer than that.

pwa
Posts: 13900
Joined: 2 Oct 2011, 8:55pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby pwa » 29 Apr 2020, 12:17pm

PDQ Mobile wrote:
"Now I am Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett!"

You are an Alf Garnett because you are demonising entire communities (which I know to be mostly kind, caring and welcoming) because of what a small minority get up to. If you went to former industrial S.Wales valleys (which I suggest you do to redress your media-created distorted views) you would find the great majority are decent people who despise intolerance of any kind (racism and xenophobia included) and who think the fire starters are a bloody nuisance. I remember a big fire going on for days in North Wales last year. Nobody in their right mind blames a whole community for that.

But why this attack on S.Wales in the first place? What was it in response to? I have never suggested migrants are more criminal than UK born people. I don't believe it so why would I say it? So why do you think you have to attack the people of S.Wales? It is like a Daily Mail rant.
Last edited by pwa on 29 Apr 2020, 12:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 10798
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Cunobelin » 29 Apr 2020, 12:19pm

carpetcleaner wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:
Is that it? He says something sounds interesting and doctors will need to be used to check if it is feasible.

President Trump claimed no knowledge or expertise, and he offered no advice.

His opponents need to listen to what he actually says instead of making fools of themselves by claiming he said something he didn't.

This episode seems like another sad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome to me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 20Syndrome


It's only six weeks since Trump said that the then 15 known cases would miraculously disappear before Easter. He also did not understand exponential: he assumed that when cases doubled every few days staff must be stealing kit. And having denied that there was a pandemic he claimed to have been the first person to recognise that there was one.

So keep up giving him your ringing endorsement. You know it doesn't make sense.


What ringing endorsement?

I merely stated, correctly, that President Trump did not say that injecting bleach cures those with the corona virus.



You have also merely proved that he is lying about the event... Thank you for that

Ben@Forest
Posts: 2845
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 5:58pm

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Ben@Forest » 29 Apr 2020, 12:33pm

pwa wrote:You are an Alf Garnett because you are demonising entire communities (which I know to be mostly kind, caring and welcoming) because of what a small minority get up to. If you went to former industrial S.Wales valleys (which I suggest you do to redress your media-created distorted views) you would find the great majority are decent people who despise intolerance of any kind (racism and xenophobia included) and who think the fire starters are a bloody nuisance. I remember a big fire going on for days in North Wales last year. Nobody in their right mind blames a whole community for that.

But why this attack on S.Wales in the first place? What was it in response to? I have never suggested migrants are more criminal than UK born people. I don't believe it so why would I say it? So why do you think you have to attack the people of S.Wales? It is like a Daily Mail rant.


I agree with your sentiment, but for reasons that are not understood (but quite studied) there is far more fire-setting in parts of South Wales than other parts of England and Wales (about 8 x more according to the link).

I worked on pit tip restorations for a while (not in S Wales) and initially these were sometimes vandalised or badly treated by the local population who wanted to keep riding motorbikes or other nefarious activities on that land. But l agree it was never anything but a small minority.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... itw9X-M27T