Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
horizon

Re: UK government,an incompentent bunch of liars!

Postby horizon » 3 Apr 2020, 11:26am

reohn2 wrote:However I don't believe a word the diabolical bunch of cowboys now in power are saying in the present crisis,

It might help if you stated more exactly what they are saying and what you consider to be lies. I don't agree with government (world) policy as you know, but even I would cut even this government a bit of slack in dressing things up so as not to alarm people (for example). Lots of people (like myself) are going along with the lockdown because it is what the people wanted. The government might be responding to public demand for things it knows in its heart of hearts aren't necessary.

Speak up man and speak clearly! :D
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher

Psamathe

Re: UK government,an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby Psamathe » 3 Apr 2020, 11:29am

pwa wrote:I know it is against the grain for some of us, but this is not a situation best addressed with the usual party political stuff. At the start of this I had two basic requirements of the Government, and they would have been the same whatever party they belonged to. One is that they spend as much as it takes, and the current lot have proved willing to do that. And second, that they hand over the tiller to public health experts. Again, they have done that......

My bold and colour.
I disagree in that they (Sooty) has not followed scientific advice. Conservative Government often claim "science lead", "follow scientific advice" and then don't. Often they manage to control the way their scientific advice is presented - through themselves but Johnson has failed to follow scientific advice e.g. when modelling driving scientific advice said "sicisl distancing to 75% adherence" that meant now, not in a week's time as the rapid spread means do nothing now and in a week the models are different and the guidance is different. But Johnson did what he wanted.

WHO - we seem to be continually ignoring them but their advice is certainly very scientific, far broader based than a single modelling team UK advice is based on) and based on far wider real world experience - nut Johnson is completely ignoring them (and their scientific advice.

So I disagree and I consider that Johnson is not following scientific advice (e.g. what words do we keep hearing WHO leaders say and what has the UK still hardly even started?).

Ian

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 3 Apr 2020, 11:33am

horizon wrote:
reohn2 wrote:However I don't believe a word the diabolical bunch of cowboys now in power are saying in the present crisis,

It might help if you stated more exactly what they are saying and what you consider to be lies. I don't agree with government (world) policy as you know, but even I would cut even this government a bit of slack in dressing things up so as not to alarm people (for example). Lots of people (like myself) are going along with the lockdown because it is what the people wanted. The government might be responding to public demand for things it knows in its heart of hearts aren't necessary.

Speak up man and speak clearly! :D

Do you really need me to state each utterance?
Watch the news every evening a 6pm to wittness political liars in full swing,watch QT regularly particularly Hancocks(half hour)last night, these people can't lie straight in bed.
-----------------------------------------------------------

al_yrpal

Re: Is the UK government an incompentent bunch of liars?

Postby al_yrpal » 3 Apr 2020, 11:36am

Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 3 Apr 2020, 11:51am

Well, confirmed now by the DUP that the government is "an “immoral and corrupt government”"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-dup-john-carson-ballymena-county-antrim-abortion-same-sex-marriage-god-facebook-a9444216.html wrote:Coronavirus: DUP politician ‘blames pandemic on abortions and same-sex marriage’
A DUP councillor has apologised after he compared himself to Noah in the bible in a Facebook post in which he appeared to suggest the global coronavirus pandemic was the “judgement of God” on the legalisation of abortion and same sex marriage in Northern Ireland, and an “immoral and corrupt government”.

Ian

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 3 Apr 2020, 12:20pm

merseymouth wrote:Hi, So not having got over the last General Election you are starting to fight the next one! Predictable.
You haven't even chosen the next Labour leader yet, but that is a typical habit with Militant Tendency and the most recent morphing of the same?
Whilst is self isolation start practising your rendition of "The Red Flag""! Trot along lads. MM

It really is time you got over Degsy and his antics. It was half a lifetime ago, man! Anyroadup, didn't The Labour Party eject the naughty rascal at the time?

My own feeling was that he was a product of a certain cultural strain within the wider Scally cultural mix, rather than motivated by anything "left". Indeed, he more or less admitted so hisself some years later.

But perhaps you were merely envious of his scallywagging because unable to ascend the heights of such "down-the-banks" waggery yoursen? Still, you've been trying again in the forum here, of late, eh? :-)

Cugel, just pale pink with a blue border.

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 3 Apr 2020, 12:26pm

fullupandslowingdown wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.
As soon as this crisis is over the wages won't change but the applause will.

I find myself agreeing with you whole heartedly on this point.

me three.
It's always stuck in my craw that the worse a job is, the worse the pay. Who wants to clean other folk's toilets on NMW? Who wants to spend all shift racing around trying to do a caring job when there simply isn't enough time to properly care. Our whole wage system is upside down.

Wages are a representation of the value of a "human resource" in the accountancy schema of life. This schema, you will have noticed, is now the only one allowed to determine "value". All other values have been abolished or forbidden or both.

Duh Markit Rools, OK!

Well, actually it's the aristocracy and their notion of who is better and who is worse that rules. "Duh Markit" is just a euphemism for a collection of laws wrought by them in their own favour and against the interests of the other 99.9% of the populace. As you mention, this notion is rather A-above-T, with them as the As and us as the stupid Ts who put up with them.

Cugel, probably worth nothing.

Cugel

Postby Cugel » 3 Apr 2020, 12:28pm

al_yrpal wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
carpetcleaner wrote:Fat lot of good a bit of applause will do them on their poverty wages.

As soon as this crisis is over the wages won't change but the applause will.

I find myself agreeing with you whole heartedly on this point.

We have lots of foreign workers here, Indians, Romanians, Philipinos, Spanish, they all seem to love their jobs in the Care Home. There are also lots of Bulgarians who come for short periods to work in the Poultry processing plant. Post Brexit lots of these latter folk wont be able to come and wages will have to go up. I look forward to that. I hope the Care Homes staff get better wages too despite the fact it will cost us more, they deserve it.

Al

Your posts continue to amaze me! I'm not allowed to say why. :-)

Cugel

sjs

Postby sjs » 3 Apr 2020, 1:02pm

llayercake wrote:
661-Pete wrote:Do we really need another thread?

+1
Didn't we tear each other apart thoroughly enough in the "How serious thread"?

No we didn't. Tearing was indulged in by just a few.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 3 Apr 2020, 1:11pm

pete75 wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:.
Just pack in bleating and get out there and do something good!

Al

And that from someone who I very much doubt has done anything for anyone else without money changing hands.

Pete
That comment only serves to reduce yourself to Al's level :?
-----------------------------------------------------------

bikepacker

Postby bikepacker » 3 Apr 2020, 1:24pm

Everyone should feel sorry for the Labour and Manifesto group supporters on this forum. They have recently had their biggest electoral defeat since the second world war to the party led by the man they hate. Added to that no matter what they shout his approval rating is still climbing among the British public.

So what do they have left? All they are able to do is; whine, complain, bitch, criticise, blame, and live in the past. They know they will never again form a government so what else can they do? Pity that along the way they have to ruin many of the topics on this forum with their left-wing clap trap.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 3 Apr 2020, 1:31pm

In January, Mr Hancock, who is a Tory, told parliament that the people of the country had nothing to worry about because we had a world leading test available.

Well obviously he couldn't know just how bad it would get but as for the world leading test? A lie.
John

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 3 Apr 2020, 1:36pm

Hi, So Pete75 has decided to malign Al by inferring that he is a totally mercenary individual?
Suggesting that he must have a financially beneficial reason over everything?
That is quite an odious statement to post. Please retract. MM

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 3 Apr 2020, 1:56pm

The opening...

BBC News - Coronavirus: Nightingale Hospital opens at London's ExCel centre
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52150598

Well done to everyone involved!

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

carpetcleaner

Postby carpetcleaner » 3 Apr 2020, 2:02pm

bikepacker wrote:Everyone should feel sorry for the Labour and Manifesto group supporters on this forum. They have recently had their biggest electoral defeat since the second world war to the party led by the man they hate. Added to that no matter what they shout his approval rating is still climbing among the British public.

So what do they have left? All they are able to do is; whine, complain, bitch, criticise, blame, and live in the past. They know they will never again form a government so what else can they do? Pity that along the way they have to ruin many of the topics on this forum with their left-wing clap trap.

They just love moaning. It provides them with the opportunity to complain about how evil their opponents are and how gullible the masses are for voting for them.

The rest of us disappoint and frustrate them. It must be hard for such noble creatures to share a planet with us.