What Should be done with these sick-minded people?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

What Should be done with these sick-minded people?

Post by mercalia »

We[ Police] launched an investigation after two people went into the Sainsbury’s store on Lancaster Road in Morecambe on April 4th before licking their hands and wiping them over meat, fresh produce and fridge handles.

https://www.lancashire.police.uk/news/2020/april/update-appeal-after-food-contaminated/
Marcus Aurelius

Re: What Should be done with these sick-minded people?

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Make them work on a CV-19 ward, until they drop from exhaustion, then shove them in a small room in a prison, with an infected prisoner for company.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I can think of plenty things I'd do with such morons,none of them pleasant, how about "OK morons on yer hands and knees outside on the pavement,now get licking" :twisted:
Last edited by reohn2 on 9 Apr 2020, 4:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
peetee

Post by peetee »

People like these (and any violent ones) need transportation to a hitherto uninhabited island where they can be left to sort it out between themselves. Then all the reality TV producers can bid for the rights and send the proceeds to the NHS.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

reohn2 wrote:I can think of plenty things I'd do with such morons,none of them pleasant, how about "OK morons on yer hands and knees outside on the pavement,now get licking" :twisted:

after one of two dogs have "been" there?
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

They should be castigated on social media in order to make the rest of us feel good about ourselves, the better to avoid admitting our own failings?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

roubaixtuesday wrote:They should be castrated on social media in order to make the rest of us feel good about ourselves, the better to avoid admitting our own failings?

FIFY :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

Putting my other hat on, no not the black cloth one :evil:

We should, as we really should anyway with all criminals, find out why they decided to cock a snoot up at society. What is their perceived beef with the rest of humanity? Are they doing stuff for thrills, for bravado, protest, rebellion, terrorism, activism, out of spite or evil, out of boredom, insanity (or should that be unsanitary)

Just why do some people do things. But psychology and sociology ain't what makes profits for newspapers, and G4S, most governments have preferred to act only as jailer and executioner. It takes enlightenment and bravery to seek the truth which might just reflect badly on yourself.

But the point is, if we continue to refuse to ask why, and only react after the event, then how can we stop more people from doing such stuff, if we don't really know the reason why they're doing it.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Devil's advocate needed!

Don't imagine for a moment that I condone this idiotic and disgraceful behaviour!

What are those men going to be charged with, if anything? Is it a crime to lick one's hands? Is it a crime to touch food in a supermarket? Let's wait and see what the cops come up with...

In reality, with about 60,000 confirmed cases in the UK, I'm guessing (tell me if I'm totally wrong!) at about 3 times as many unconfirmed - i.e. carrying the virus without symptoms, or not yet tested. Let's call it 250,000 overall. So the chances of any person picked at random, having the disease, is only about 1 in 250. Hopefully no serious harm will have come from their behaviour.

And another thing. Long before any of this happened, I've been watching TV shows like celebrity chefs, Masterchef, etc. Invariably, the eminent chef tastes some of his or her concoction, licking the spoon, then puts the spoon back in the pot. Where's the good hygiene practice in that? Certainly I never do such a thing when I'm cooking!

If anyone needs to be castigated severely at this time of crisis, it has to be the spivs and scammers who are wilfully exploiting vulnerable people. Like those purveying fake remedies or ineffective face masks, etc. etc. Not a couple of pranksters. I don't like the tone of some of the posts above.

My 2p worth.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Criminal damage? Food had to be destroyed. The cost of disinfecting the store. I am sure there are public order offences that can be used. Have them sectioned as a threat to others?

The tone of the first few comments is correct.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi all, Plus 3 Cunobelin!
Throw tomatoes at then, Tinned preferable if available :D :D :D MM
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:The tone of the first few comments is correct.
All right then. Why hasn't someone clamoured for them to be hanged? And/or drawn and quartered, if that's what cooks your goose? Unless guillotining, or burning at the stake, is more your style?

Suggestions such as closeting them with an infected person, without protection, amount almost to a death sentence as it is.

I know times are hard, but this forum is getting more and more ugly by the day. I'm taking a break.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

I wonder .......

Is this post a cyclo-analist testing for reactions to a made-up naughty event to see the nature of the reactions as part of a study of "human responses to events that induce panic & hysteria"? It looks like such an experiment even if it isn't one..

Personally I find most of the answers here, recommending imaginative tortures of the perps, much more alarming than the "crime" described by the OP.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I wonder about the motivation of these despicable lickers.
Did their satisfaction lie in their own knowledge of their act? Even if, though it would be unlikely, they were carrying the virus, they would not know whether they had succeeded in infecting others.
Or did the pleasure lie in scandalizing others? They would be aware of CCTV and could probably have hidden their nasty actions from it and any shoppers if they wished. But they were caught in the act. Did they make it a piece of "theatre"?
Given the dirty habits of many people, they perhaps did not raise the possibility of infections very much.
Certainly the need for cleaning up after them was not the least of their damage. Was that their aim? To cause a costly cleaning up event? To gain some obscure revenge on society? To express their contempt?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?