Cancelling Holidays.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
philvantwo

Re: Cancelling Holidays.

Post by philvantwo »

I've always booked the flight, transfers and accommodation myself. Had to wait about 6 weeks for the deposit refund from Pisa and then about 2 months for Ryanair!
I'm keeping an eye on Ryanair shares, once a vaccination programme is well underway the shares will rocket!!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Lookrider wrote:I've not read all the responses so apologies if this is already on

If the holiday you booked is no longer as it appears in the brochure ..ie some hotel bars closed...hotel facilies reduced ...children's play area closed etc etc
Then you may very well have an excuse in that the agent has broken there contract in not supplying what they said and what you paid for
I heard about this tactic during first series of lockdown and passed it onto a friend of wifes
They said the same things to the agents and then the agents refunded on that reason
Now....that was 1st time around and agents may have written into contracts that everything advertised may not be available from the day you booked
I'm not a consumer rights guy
Just passing on viable excuses to attempt your refund
Further note
Pay for everything on credit card ALWAYS
You will always have more recourse on a package holiday than one where you book flights transfers accommodation separate...
sometimes all you save is minuscule amounts...agents know this so they now have great deals on a package
Holiday that costs not a lit more
Good luck and if you get a refund please share your " excuse used " to the agents

mine all booked separate and got changes to this year or full refunds -- but my question is different this year read above.

I did put the new query to stenaline and got the following response

" You can amend your ticket up to 2 hours before your scheduled sailing time."

another ferry company I use said

" if you are due to travel and you get a medical appoint to have the vaccine we would allow you to amend your booking without amendment fees but again any difference in the fare would need to be paid or a full refund if required but you would need to produce a medical letter confirming the appointment."

and now to tackle the accommodation providers.....i will report back.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Well almost at the end of my fortnight's holiday in England that I'd had to move to this year and although it's been a good holiday I can't wait to get home and back on the bike after that fateful day at the end of June when I had that big off.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Easyjet email dropped into my inbox this morning saying the outbound flight for Barcelona late August has been cancelled. I could travel the same day but 11 hours later which would mean arriving at the hotel around 11pm. There are no flights in the days before or after that I could have switched to so will swap flights to the same time of year in 2022 which won't cost anything extra.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Redvee wrote: 9 Jul 2021, 1:04am Easyjet email dropped into my inbox this morning saying the outbound flight for Barcelona late August has been cancelled. I could travel the same day but 11 hours later which would mean arriving at the hotel around 11pm. There are no flights in the days before or after that I could have switched to so will swap flights to the same time of year in 2022 which won't cost anything extra.
How do they cancel one flight 11 hours before another that's allowed or are you able to travel with another airline?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Redvee wrote: 9 Jul 2021, 1:04am Easyjet email dropped into my inbox this morning saying the outbound flight for Barcelona late August has been cancelled. I could travel the same day but 11 hours later which would mean arriving at the hotel around 11pm. There are no flights in the days before or after that I could have switched to so will swap flights to the same time of year in 2022 which won't cost anything extra.
Not wishing to belittle your evident annoyance - but that's nothing compared to what we had to put up with several years ago! Arriving in Baltimore at about 11pm local time (4am body-clock time!) on a 5-hours-delayed flight, we then had to pick up a rental car (this involved a short bus ride), then drive a 2-hours' journey on totally unfamiliar roads to my B-i-L's place in a remote part of rural Maryland. Luckily we managed to phone him and he was good enough to wait up for us! Both he and I were amazed that I managed not to get lost!

Re the present situation, we're not planning any trips of any sort this year. Will it ever be 'all over'? :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).