Asda Click and Collect What a Shambles.....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
bungle73

Asda Click and Collect What a Shambles.....

Post by bungle73 »

Delivery slots are as rare as hen's teeth, but there were C&C slots available, so I thought I'd give that a try. Booked it, got an email in the morning saying it was being prepared, and expected to get another notification when it was ready to collect. My slot was 3 pm - 4 pm, and that came and went with nothing. The order was still listed as "being prepared" on the website. Couldn't get through on the phone, so we had to walk down there. Got there and apparently (so they claimed) someone else had "collected" our shopping! Apparently all you have to give is a name! Once we got that sorted, they gave us the shopping we should have and, and a gift card as "compensation". Get home and some of the stuff they've given is not right - some could be because that's all that I had I guess, but others are wrong for no reason (1 pack of bananas instead of 2). No Mum has had to go back and sort it out!

I've another slot booked for next week, but this has really put me off. I might as well go there myself and do the shopping normally. C&C seems too much hassle.

I thought it would be as simple as waiting for a notification, collecting it from a locker, and coming home. But apparently they're not doing it like that atm....... :roll:
Paulatic

Re: Asda Click and Collect What a Shambles.....

Post by Paulatic »

Nothing seems to be as simple and useful as the advertising makes out.
I got an email from Morrisons saying they had begun delivering to my area. There were no slots available.
The email said they had began a C&C service too. I clicked there and got a slot a week later so then I went shopping. After five minutes I gave up having secured one item I’d needed and every other thing out of stock.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

bungle73 wrote:. C&C seems too much hassle.

:roll:

Sainsbury at Ellesmere Port C+C was a bit chaotic for us, we needed to chase for a missing frozen bag and veg bag but
as they'd had a system problem in previous 30mins and doing it from memory, I say fair play for trying.

Asda Bromborough delivery was good, some substitutions (all OK) but he gave 3 extra bags of food by mistake, noticed
immediately but as it had crossed our threshold we had to keep it !! No charge obviously.

Mostly decent stuff too, wouldn't normally buy a pizza or chicken Kiev's but for free they'll be fine.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Still can't get Tesco delivery. Although I qualify we don't go to the special 70+ hour. It's too busy. Nor the following half hour as the pensioners (I am one) have cleaned out.

So I drive and shirk in the car park while Mrs Ojw shops.
John
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Daughter did a C&C at Asda without any real problems. So probably depends on which location and also time of day.

Morrisons have now altered their website so you can book a delivery slot and then fill the basket.

Originally you selected your items and then booked a slot. Trouble was the avaiable slots were 3 weeks hence. :x
We also added 22 items to the list and these didn't turn up on the order. :x :x

They say Email them - fine but don't expect an answer for at least a week.

No porridge and no flour. :(

So hopefully Morrisons on-line oderering may have improved. :roll:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
RickH

Post by RickH »

My friend in Chester did a Morrisons online order at the weekend and got it delivered this evening. I don't think she's on their books as "vulnerable" although she is severely visually impaired & a guide dog user so could probably get priority. AFAIK there were no missing items, at least she wasn't told of any in advance.

BTW Plenty of oats in Aldi (at least round here).

Flour in 1.5kg packs is a problem everywhere. Still more demand than there is packing capacity until/if folk get fed up of home baking. Plenty available in 16kg bags.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mjr

Post by mjr »

RickH wrote:Flour in 1.5kg packs is a problem everywhere. Still more demand than there is packing capacity until/if folk get fed up of home baking. Plenty available in 16kg bags.

Today I confirmed that a local bakery has started retail-bagging flour and a new small shop two villages over has started stocking it, which is a bit easier than click and collecting from the windmill 15 miles away. I'll have to see how good the flour is in due course!
Last edited by mjr on 30 Apr 2020, 6:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Paulatic wrote:Nothing seems to be as simple and useful as the advertising makes out.
I got an email from Morrisons saying they had begun delivering to my area. There were no slots available.
The email said they had began a C&C service too. I clicked there and got a slot a week later so then I went shopping. After five minutes I gave up having secured one item I’d needed and every other thing out of stock.

Yep and even if you find an item in stock, it can go out of stock before you collect it and be substituted or more often simply deleted. And that's on top of Morrisons website not selling all the stocked lines - why not, if they're picking from the shop floor anyway?

The main thing it has to offer over Tesco, Sainsbury and Waitrose is that I can get collection slots but it's still not great. The way it shows a collection order as a delivery to the shop's side door address makes it all seem a bit cobbled together.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Oldjohnw wrote:Still can't get Tesco delivery. Although I qualify we don't go to the special 70+ hour. It's too busy. Nor the following half hour as the pensioners (I am one) have cleaned out.

So I drive and shirk in the car park while Mrs Ojw shops.

My experience of Tesco shopping since lockdown- first time I went in the evening and had to queue for about 15mins, next time went at about 8 a.m and had to queue for about twenty minutes, third time I got there about 8.45 a.m and they put me first in the queue for the elderly and disabled, yesterday I got there at 8 a.m and there was no queue so straight in :)

I think since the panic buying has stopped getting there early is best. I don't know if it makes a difference but I do my weekly shop on a Wednesday.
pwa

Post by pwa »

If you are actually going to shop for yourself and want to minimise queuing, there are certain days when it is good and certain days when it is bad. Fridays tend to be bad. Mondays tend to be good.