Weird Food Combinations you enjoy.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Weird Food Combinations you enjoy.

Post by Mick F »

al_yrpal wrote:No Garlic? What on earth tickled your tastebuds in Benidorm then? :lol: Possibly you didnt go there for a culinary experience?
Breakfast in the hotel ........ toast/eggs/rolls/fruit/cold meats/yoghurt etc.

Lunches were wine and olives, crisps, chocolate+churros and/or coffee.

Evenings were in the street restaurants under canopies with gas heaters nearby .......... and wine.
Fish, lasagne, steak, roast meats .......... can't remember any others ......... more wine.

The garlic thing, so long as it's mild and in the food properly and part of the flavour, is ok.
It's when it's loaded with the stuff or with the "garlic flavouring" that's really pseudo-garlic that really upsets me and puts me right off.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

mercalia wrote:something tells me there are alot of pregnant ladies here abouts, probably due to the lockdown :wink:
There's going to be a baby boom worldwide.
Mick F. Cornwall
daveanmucker

Post by daveanmucker »

Pigs trotters in pea soup, not weird in Lancashire but may be in't South.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

daveanmucker wrote:Pigs trotters in pea soup, not weird in Lancashire but may be in't South.
That sounds like right boilermakers soup Dave, Eccles cake for afters or do you dunk 'em in the broth ?

Marmite and honey on toast, humous with horse radish sauce on toast with a marge base of course,
with optional Patak's mixed pickle as well for a bit of Lancashire zing.
Nu-Fogey
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Mick F wrote:
mercalia wrote:something tells me there are alot of pregnant ladies here abouts, probably due to the lockdown :wink:
There's going to be a baby boom worldwide.

I'm unlikely to get pregnant at my age.
John
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Patak's mixed pickle
...friends look at me funny when I pop Patak's on toasted cheese, but when I try to tell 'em the likes of tom. ketchup or Branston pickle is straight out of the traditional Indian cook-book, they won't have it!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Glad that MickF isnt totally garlicless, I do agree it can be overdone. I like those very mild garlic cloves you can sometimes buy in the market to just eat raw.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
pwa

Post by pwa »

al_yrpal wrote:Glad that MickF isnt totally garlicless, I do agree it can be overdone. I like those very mild garlic cloves you can sometimes buy in the market to just eat raw.

Al

I love wild garlic leaves.

But for a surprisingly pleasant combo, try munching some salted peanuts while sipping Vimto. You get a fruit taste that is nice, but not what you would expect. Worth a try if anyone has both those in a cupboard.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

simonineaston wrote:An Elvis is hard to beat - Pnut butter, banana and bacon fried sandwich.

Are you sure your not pregnant ?
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote:
daveanmucker wrote:Pigs trotters in pea soup, not weird in Lancashire but may be in't South.
That sounds like right boilermakers soup Dave, Eccles cake for afters or do you dunk 'em in the broth ?

Marmite and honey on toast, humous with horse radish sauce on toast with a marge base of course,

Wouldn't go for the trotters but the toast options sound interesting.
I am here. Where are you?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Cowsham wrote:
colin54 wrote:

Wouldn't go for the trotters but the toast options sound interesting.

if you want to bite some ones nails why not just your own rather than some pigs trotters. what a gross thing to eat.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

I had trotters at a St Patrick's night do once, I think I'd prefer 'em in a soup though, they were a bit fiddly as I recall sticky/gelatinous, you don't eat the hard bits ! It's all good.
Nu-Fogey
peetee

Post by peetee »

My kids don’t think much of my pre-ride snack of shredded wheat, raisins and banana or porridge, raisins and dried apricots.

A school mate of mine used to coat every meal he was served with tomato ketchup.

When I lived with a family in my college days I was served trotters. I was pretty repulsed, trying not to show it but couldn’t find anything on there remotely edible. I also mentioned I liked rice pudding. Thinking I would get the tinned stuff what arrived in my bowl was (homemade) bullets in milk.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
ossie

Post by ossie »

Mashed potato sarnies...not me but my retired Royal Marine mate.

To this day I think its weird.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

ossie wrote:Mashed potato sarnies...not me but my retired Royal Marine mate.

To this day I think its weird.

I met a bloke who ate Smash sandwiches made with Mother's Pride bread. He did not look very healthy.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?