Will You be using the NHS app?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Will You be using the NHS app?

Poll ended at 26 May 2020, 11:34am

Yes
35%
No
46%
Maybe
15%
Don't Know
4%

Total votes: 46

mercalia

Re: Will You be using the NHS app?

Post by mercalia »

Paulatic wrote:
Paulatic wrote:The latest thinking is UK might ditch the app and use Google/Apple version.
UK version won’t run on Apple and doesn’t pass privacy laws looking like another UK cockup. Not to worry though Cummings and his pals will have had a few million out of it. :)

The nerds can see the problem but NHSX deny. https://passonapp.net/nhsx-covid.html

Here we are an undisclosed amount spent and another U turn. Yes 6 weeks later they will now use Google/ Apple :lol: :lol:

what a waste of time and money? Not just the politicos inept but also the technos?. Is there anything we can be proud of in all this? please
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

They’ve just decided to change the process and got the Apple/Google decentralised (privacy protecting) model
Unfortunately the project is now so tarnished I suspect many won’t install this (somewhat cleaner) version. Will be interesting to see what communications it attempts.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

[XAP]Bob wrote:They’ve just decided to change the process and got the Apple/Google decentralised (privacy protecting) model
Unfortunately the project is now so tarnished I suspect many won’t install this (somewhat cleaner) version. Will be interesting to see what communications it attempts.

probably Google pop up adverts for bleach and syringes? :wink:
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I assume that if this government recommends or introduces some technology, then in due course and after spending many millions, it will be discovered not to work.

If collecting personal data is involved, I assume that sooner or later, one of Mr Cummings's friends or relatives will get richer and that sooner or later there will be a data breach.
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:I assume that if this government recommends or introduces some technology, then in due course and after spending many millions, it will be discovered not to work.

If collecting personal data is involved, I assume that sooner or later, one of Mr Cummings's friends or relatives will get richer and that sooner or later there will be a data breach.

Nothing surprises me with this lot.
Wasted time in this crisis costs lives and this bunch have lost a lot lives with their bungling incompetence :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden